[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king." >actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bean.jpg (21 KB, 385x281) Image search: [Google]
bean.jpg
21 KB, 385x281
>"Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king."

>actually saying this to the heir apparent

That's treason you retarded asshole.
>>
Not when the heir apparent basically abdicated his throne
>>
File: LOTR Fellowship of the Ring 230.jpg (558 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
LOTR Fellowship of the Ring 230.jpg
558 KB, 1920x800
>Boromir was foolish
well no shit sherlock
>>
>>67271341
Who's gonna sentence him?
>>
>>67271369
The Wood Elves
>>
>>67271341
Everyone in Gondor would have sided with Boromir and Aragorns titles would have been worthless. It was a big deal for Aragorn in the books to prove his legitimacy, it wasn't a matter of just accepting his destiny like in the movies.
>>
That's what I would say if i was heir to gondor
>>
>>67271341
Aragon was a elf-lovin' hippie living in the Wilds
>>
>>67271341
>Gondor hasn't had a King in a thousand years since the Witch King BTFO EƤrnur
>"I'm your King!"
>from which line? we've had tons of dynasties
>"w-whichever one you'd be most likely to follow?"
>>
The last "King" of Gondor was Earnur, 1000 years before Aragorn. Aragorn's "line" was unbroken from the Kings of Arnor after Arnor fell, but really had little to do with Gondor by that point. Until Aragorn unites the two kingdoms, they were presumed to have been ruled separately.

Furthermore, nothing Boromir said is inaccurate as Gondor did not have a king and, given that the Stewards had done a respectable enough job managing the Kingdom, did not seem to need one.

Aragorn was entitled to become king, but he was not yet, so no it was not treason.
>>
>>67271373
More like the Would Elves. They would give a fuck, but their hair needs rebraided.
>>
>>67271448
Larry King!
>>
>>67271416
No. He spent literak decades due to his Dunedain long life fighting in Gondor and Rohan. He also went special ops into Haradrim and the East. He then became a ranger and murderfuck orcs, wolves and witches. Far from a hippie.
>>
>>67271586
>mongrel blooded
>race mixes with elves
>lives in dirt and shit
>demands entitlements from Gondor
>only meaningful contribution is killing shit

If he's not a hippy, he's a nigger.
>>
>>67271341
>heir apparent
Gordor had an incredible series of civil wars that ended with the general agreement that no claimant would hold the throne. Everyone lost.
There is no heir apparent.

Aragorn is considered a potential heir in that he and his bloodline weren't party to the civil wars and therefore, unlike the other southern houses, not party to the abjuration of claims that followed during the peace.
>>
>>67271483

NERD
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.