[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remakes/reboots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Back to the Future.jpg (27 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
Back to the Future.jpg
27 KB, 640x353
ITT: Films and TV series that you would NOT want to see a 'soft reboot', straight up remake, or sequel to.

I realized today that Back to the Future is old enough now that the current generation of teens would probably snap up a remake/sequel of the old series, and the very idea made me feel ill.

So, what are some movies or TV shows you guys would hate to see remade?
>>
>>
Back to the future at this point is like an endangered species of iconic movies that haven't been ruined by dogshit remakes.
>>
>>67270574
They just need to make a 4th movie so bad nobody will touch the franchise for decades

Like Indy
>>
>>67270574
this is one of many reasons I love really old films from the 30s and 40s, it's been so long that plebs don't know they even exist so no financial incentive for remakes
>>
Taxi Driver
never shoulda touched Vanishing Point
Murrican Psycho
Goonies
Clockwork Orange
Dr Strangelove

all i can think of at the moment
>>
I'm pretty sure the people that hold the rights to the BTTF franchise are dead set against rebooting it

That won't stop your other favorite 80's movies from being raped tho
>>
Aren't they making Married with Children? It's going to be shit.
>>
The Mask will get one.
>>
>>67269723
I read Robert Zemeckis is making sure that there will never be a BTTF remake as long as he is alive

>>67270686
There's gonna be a Spin off starring Bud Bundy
>>
>>67269723
A part of me would like to see a 'soft remake' set in Christchurch, showing the bare and construction-filled cbd, with a past set in 1985 with all the old buildings (facades built from plywood presumably) and New Zealand 90's themes, with a future set in 2045 with the new city, full of glass buildings and a magnificent crystal cathedral.

However another part of me wouldn't want to see it desecrated as it would be quite difficult to do a remake/reboot without it being shit.
>>
You know, while the first one is untouchable, I wouldn't mind seeing the sequels done to be... less shit. Say what you want about BttF2, you can't deny that the first 45 minutes or so are 10 minutes plot, 35 minutes product placement and rehashing the culture shock from the original with stupid predictions of future technology that automatically date any film.
>>
I wouldn't mind a remake of /tv/'s favorite nuclear war movie, Threads.

The shitty sound stages they filmed on and miniatures they used kinda dates the film tbhonest.
>>
File: Casper_poster[1].jpg (18 KB, 234x350) Image search: [Google]
Casper_poster[1].jpg
18 KB, 234x350
I could see them bringing back Casper to ride on the coattails of the new ghostbusters.
>The 1995 film makes you cry.
I don't deal well with children dying in movies. :(
>>
>>67270725
I totally agreed with Zemeckis because l believe the modulate currentness of 80s that made things work so well in this franchise. Things that you've seen in this films are mildly high-end so that the depiction of future didn't have to be mindblowing. Hell we are supposed to get a Nike shoes that automatically tight its lace by itself in THIS year.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 321x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 321x458
You plebs just don't want to admit a reboot will happen as soon as Universal can get their greasy mitts on it. Fuck if the Bobs died tomorrow Universal would have this shit free lot by next week.

Make it a modern day teenager, maybe gender flip it to be a girl... And she gets sent back to 1985! Oh shit! And it's her dad who becomes attracted to her. Culture shock from the neon 80s kitsch, jokes about cell phones and the Internet. It's going to happen.
>>
>>67273815
That's actually a plausible concept...
>>
>>67269723
>>67270574
>>67270595
>>67270684
>>67270725
>>67272398

Based Rob King in the North

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/back-to-the-future/remake-sequel-robert-zemeckis/

>Back to the Future remake? Over my dead body, says Robert Zemeckis
Exclusive: the director of the original time-travelling trilogy won't allow the film to be rebooted in his lifetime

>In news that will either come as a crushing disappointment or a soaring relief for fans of the classic 1985 blockbuster, Hollywood won’t be going back to Back to the Future…for the foreseeable future, at least.

>Robert Zemeckis, who directed the film and its two sequels, has vowed that Back to the Future will never be remade in his lifetime – and hopes that his estate will figure out a way to continue blocking remakes after his death.

>“Oh, God no,” the 63-year-old director told the Telegraph, when asked if – as one of the two rights holders to the original film, along with co-writer Bob Gale – he would ever consider signing off on a remake.

>“That can’t happen until both Bob and I are dead. And then I’m sure they’ll do it, unless there’s a way our estates can stop it.

>“I mean, to me, that’s outrageous. Especially since it’s a good movie. It’s like saying ‘Let’s remake Citizen Kane. Who are we going to get to play Kane?’ What folly, what insanity is that? Why would anyone do that?”
>>
Reservoir Dogs. They could easily make a prequel about these guys or a sequel that takes place where Mr Pink organizes a heist with a group of young criminals/
>>
>>67270595
Except they're making a fifth Indy movie and it's been less than 10 years
>>
>>67273815
not sure if the incest plot would play as well today, but maybe if they got some actual talent working on it. which they wouldn't. they wouldn't even try to.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.