[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai nment/archive/2016/03/da
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: lead_960.jpg (170 KB, 960x642) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
170 KB, 960x642
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/03/daredevil-season-two/474519/

Jessica Jones was better than Daredevil because it explored modern issues such as the meaning of consent, the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder, and the dynamics of power in same-sex relationships.

lol you can't make this shit up.
>>
Jennifer Jones is shit I can't believe that is getting a season 2 and we aren't getting a Frank series
>>
>>67263815
thanks feminism
>>
Jessica Jones was better than Daredevil because Purple Man is the best Marvel villain bar none
>>
I related to Jessica Jones more than I have with any other character in recent memory. AN example is where she passes the young parents on the streets and says ``breeders'' under her breath with sharp contempt.
>>
Jessica Jones wasn't scattershot garbage like Daredevil so it was way better. Though I'm sure if leagues of random ninjas showed up and ruined Jessica Jones you guys would love it.
>>
>Daredevil
>Has both male and female characters that have positive and negative traits, every character is gray on the morality scale.
>Jessica Jones
>All female characters are strong and powerful, all men are crazy and evil. Women always beat men. Every interaction between man and woman has to have either overtly sexist tone from man or girl power rhetoric from woman.

I wanna write a progressive TV series and have leftists throw money and acclaim at me. Holy shit JJ was a pandering, boring slog to watch, and Daredevil, while cliche at times, could at least focus on telling a story without beating you over the head with its morality messages
>>
that's nonsense but this >>67263895 is a good argument. jones was much more focused.
>>
I liked JJ better and non-ironically and non-memetically.
>>
>>67264049

>Not scattershot garbage
>PTSD Cop Boyfriend becomes PMC roided up super soldier test subject
>Random horrible subplots like cheating boss and Patsy's abusive mother
>Popular talk show host Patsy becoming an operator that shoots up the roid serum herself to beat up PTSD cop boyfriend and lives

Did we watch the same show?
>>
>>67263066
no dynamics of interracial relationships ?
>>
>people here watched Jessica Jones
>>
daredevil deals with themes of loyalty and perseverance, what it means to be a hero, when to move on in interpersonal relationships and whether or not killing your enemies is justified. jessica jones was like that simpsons episode where everyone is praising poochie but he never actually did anything to warrant it.
>>
>>67263895
I can agree that he's the most interesting idea raised in the MCU. Thing is, that's not enough. JJ's season was seriously 80% superfluous bullshit- officer Simpson acts like an idiot, Kilgrave gets capture and escapes like three times in a row, JJ's neighbors are autistic incestual morons and drug addicts, too much focus given to the lesbian relationships of characters that don't even remotely matter, that godawful support group stuff etc. Basically, everything that didn't have to do with JJ's relationship with her sister was superfluous bullshit and should've received way less focus than it did.
Daredevil also suffers from its share of bullshit, but it's nowhere near as bad as JJ.
>>
>>67264501

>everyone is praising poochie but he never actually did anything to warrant it.

This really bugged the shit out of me. Jessica herself is just a horrible human being, yet everyone loves her and throws themselves into harm's way to protect her, and for what? So she can be snarky and shitty? Or is it just because she's a pretty woman?

Her only schtick is that she was a victim of Kilgrave, a character that was far more interesting than her. I guarantee the second season is going to be a boring, awful train wreck without him.
>>
>>67264629
that's what I identify with though. I feel like a horrible piece of trash and for some reason people actually try to help me in life and it makes me really conflicted. Jessica Jones gave me catharsis.
>>
>https://twitter.com/sophieGG/status/711248704565477377

Beta while male defense force
>>
File: Jessica_Jones.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Jessica_Jones.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
>>67264629
>Or is it just because she's a pretty woman?
Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>67264686

Everyone feels like trash on some level, and those that don't are usually lying to themselves or others. Even the people trying to help you feel that way about themselves, but by helping you, they make themselves feel better. It's not for you that they do it, it's for them.

So if you want to stop feeling so bad, help others as well. Everyone but you is a mirror.

And quit identifying with shitty TV characters.
>>
File: just.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
>From the visionary mastermind behind the Twilight movies

What the fuck were they thinking.
>>
File: yakub.jpg (41 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
yakub.jpg
41 KB, 900x900
>meaning of consent
>When I Do Bad Things It's Actually The Fault of Evil YT With Mind Powers: The Show
kek
>>
File: the only man who an save us.jpg (294 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
the only man who an save us.jpg
294 KB, 1200x600
>In an interview with SciFiNow, Daredevil's showrunner Steven DeKnight revealed his desire to do an R-rated Punisher series for Netflix. In January 2016, Netflix was revealed to be planning a Punisher television series starring Bernthal.

JJ will be JUST material if they go full on with a Punisher series.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.