[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curious to see what you guys thought of The Witch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: CZbG0WoWEAE2Vxs.jpg (77 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
CZbG0WoWEAE2Vxs.jpg
77 KB, 600x927
Curious to see what you guys thought of The Witch.
>>
>>67250019
i really really enjoyed it
>>
i liked it and i literally hate everything
>>
>>67250019
I think you mean the vvitch
>>
people made it out to be some kind of arthouse innovative horror masterpiece but it was just a well done straight forward horror movie. they said the same things about it follows and the babadook too.

can't really blame them since horror movies are generally trash now so their standards are so low.

its a 7/10, not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but the amount of research and craft that went into making this movie is admirable
>>
>>67250019
Was thinking of taking my daughter to see this since about the only thing we've ever bonded over is scary movies. Is this even scary, or just more interesting as a period piece or drama?
>>
went to see it in theaters.

i love horror movies and heard this had good reviews and went to go see it with friends. i didn't have any clue of what to expect.

i thought the movie was pretty mediocre. the main dude's voice was fantastic; child acting actually good; opening very good. the movie opens with a bang then nothing happens and they die the end.

i'm glad some people enjoyed it but i didnt like the way they took a great opening and did nothing with it the whole movie.
>>
Decent film elevated to mythical levels by pretentious hipsters hyping it to feel like they were the vanguard in an 'intelligent horror' genre hijacking.

Everything in it was 10/10 apart from the story, which was a bit of a mess. Clearly just got a lot of cool folk tales and jigsawed the best bits together until they had enough to call a film.

Would watch again, but it's not the next big thing in horror like some silly arseholes are trying to make out.
>>
>>67251032
I'd say it's scary depending on how absorbed you get into the story which might not be easy for everyone as you can barely understand what they're saying.
>>
>>67251032

It's a beautifully shot and designed period piece, with some spooky scenes.

It's not a 'scary movie'. There's maybe 2 or 3 scenes in it that could be considered scary but they're more just atmospheric.
>>
>>67250019
I enjoyed it. It's been a month or so since I've seen it, so...I'm a little foggy. I agree it was not a tour de force of horror, but it may as well be. Most horror nowadays really is trash.
>>
>>67251016
>people made it out to be some kind of arthouse innovative horror masterpiece but it was just a well done straight forward horror movie

Wait, really? I was really looking forward to a film that genuinely tries to convey some meaningful dark occult imagery.
>>
torrent when
>>
>>67251402
I guess, yes, this. Any cam rips up yet?
>>
>>67251380
I don't know what that anon is talking about. That was never the case. That sentiment was a meme created by known homosexual Bret Easton Ellis.
>>
>>67251402
>>67251531
there is a torrent out there on kickass

currently downloading, but comments say quality is pretty shit
>>
>>67251547
BEE wasn't homosexual, he just hated women so bad he fucked men out of spite.
>>
I loved the spooky imagery and production quality but the story itself felt a bit of a mess. The father's crisis of masculinity, the mother resenting her husband for dragging her out to the New World to suffer, the daughter's budding sexuality and how it will tear her from her family, the distortion of faith to just be fear and hatred; all of it is interesting but together its too much going on and none of those themes feel fully explored

The baby murder is the most unpleasant thing I've ever seen in a movie. I legitimately felt sick afterwords

>>67251156
>as you can barely understand what they're saying.
I thought that was just my theater at first. The sound mixing, accents and antiquated dialogue made it hard to decipher every other word.
>>
http://letterboxd.com/arthritis/film/the-witch-2015/
>>
Only movie that has better child actors than adults
>>
Baa baa
>>
I liked it a lot. I think people made the mistake of expecting a straight up horror. It was definitely more of a thriller. Also that scene with the satan at the end was great.
>>
>>67252666
This.
Happened to me bc I never looked at a single trailer or movie poster. Just hearing ppl say it has horror and its 2spooky.
I had a bad taste in my mouth after but I appreciated it the more I sat on it.
>>
>>67251402
>>67251531
>>67251577
Just watched that very version. It is kinda shitty, dark scenes are pitch black and there are a couple of missing scenes and random cuts.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.