[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished it and all i could say is not horrible but is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: The-Hateful-Eight.jpg (148 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
The-Hateful-Eight.jpg
148 KB, 600x400
I just finished it and all i could say is not horrible but is anyone else sick and tired of tarantinos take on "insert niche genre here" movies, i sincerely yearn for him to do what hes meant to do, a late 90s crime film, or even something in the 80s ala gta vice city am i the only one who thinks hes just not meant for what hes been doing lately
>>
He hates the fucking 80's
>>
>>67240202
haha thats amazing because thats where his style fucking belongs
>>
>>67239942
I could see you, completely alone, the only light coming from your monitor as you watch the Hateful Eight.

Get your friend and go to the theater, faggot.

You'll enjoy movies more that way.
>>
>>67240435
okay? and how exactly is posting that here make you any better?
>>
>>67240489
Because I'm a fan of films.

You're a fan of pirating movies and complaining about them.

>mfw I saw this in 70mm and Tim Roth's character is the poster in my lobby book

Great flick.
>>
>>67240634
ha okay buddy, feel good about yourself?
>>
Honestly, I don't get the hate. I thought Hateful Eight was fantastic, certainly much better than Django.
It dragged a bit early on but other than that, I was on the edge of my seat nearly the entire flick.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-20-11h37m28s247.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-20-11h37m28s247.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>67240634
>Because I'm a fan of films.
And fan of films are incapable of complaining about them. Sound logic there, skippy!

Hate pirates? Check this out, nigger.
>>
>>67240725
never said i hated it or that im even shitting on it, just that tarantino really needs to evaluate himself and do what he was born to again
>>
>>67240853
I don't hate pirates.

I laugh at them for being weird shut ins who watch sub-optimal versions of movies.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (27 KB, 590x317) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
27 KB, 590x317
>>67239942
>80s ala gta vice city
You mean making a video game adaptation or something like To Live and Die in L.A.?
>>
>>67240896
and i hate faggots who think watching movies exclusively in the most pristine quality makes them some sort of elitist when in actuality youre the cancer that is killing modern film, its not even the fact that you prefer your movies its the fact you think that makes you entitled, a real film fan would discuss the actual movie
>>
>>67240945
i just mean a film in the same style of like vice city, its just an easy comparison point
>>
>>67240970
How am I killing modern film?

On the contrary; I pay, you pirate.
>>
>>67239942
you are a manchild, kill yourself my man
>>
>>67239942
>am i the only one
take your shit english and snowflake perspective back to >>>/reddit/
MMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>67241049
1. where the fuck are you getting that i pirated this?
2. you really are because your mindset is more caring about how you see the film and you think thats actually important as opposed to just seeing the movie and having a level headed opinion on it
>>
you mean you want him to do a niche genre that you like

you mean like a video game? you're not mature enough to discuss art i'm sorry
>>
>>67241120
> ha i called you reddit so that means im cool

nice post have'nt see that one ever
>>
>>67241154
are you implying tarantinos work is art you imdb discipline?
you do know that pulp fiction ruined cinema as an art form, correct?
>>
>>67241154
>implying you need to be any level of maturity to discuss tarantino
>>
>>67241185
you're not mature enough to discuss art i'm sorry
i mean this last post you made was just really embarrassing

>>67241208
i'm not, that's why being op is like the most humiliating thing i can imagine. like imagine you woke up and tarantino movies were out of your grasp, you might as well just start reading comic books LMOA
>>
>>67241180
just like I haven;t senn a "am I the only one" post ever. fuck off, this thread proves your kind aren't welcome here
get going
>>
>>67239942
it's not even a matter of pandering to 'niche genres', it's the ambiguous pastiche of mismatched genre affects that he insists on figuring together and passes off as something innovative. the novelty is lost the moment the script gains motion, it's just another onerous churn through the trivial and stylistic violence he's cornered himself into.
>>
File: 1381427469183.jpg (48 KB, 429x377) Image search: [Google]
1381427469183.jpg
48 KB, 429x377
>>67241185
>you imdb discipline?
>>
>>67240996
vice city is a game in the same style as scarface
>>
>>67241232
answer the questions
>>
>>67241185
>are you implying tarantinos work is art you imdb discipline?
>you do know that pulp fiction ruined cinema as an art form, correct?
Wtf are you smoking? Did you even graduate from High School?
>>
>>67241263
and scarface is an 80s remake of a 30s movie of the same name with alcohol being replaced by coke, got a point?
>>
>>67241298
just because something is art doesn't mean its good or even valuable if you don't know this you're not qualified to make statements like pulp fiction ruined all my big hollywood blockbuster XD when you obviously don't watch movies

honestly its so embarrassing that you comment like this i'm making a face like OOH like UHHH like i hope nobody sees me reading your comments i'd be fucking humiliated
>>
>>67241232
>implying tarantino is any better than comic books

jesus christ dude can you grasp those straws any harder?
>>
>>67239942
>niche genre
I don't understand. When has he ever done anything even remotely niche?
>>
>>67241380
>pulp fiction didn't ruin cinema as an art form in america
why don't you try learning about cinema before trying to play with the big boys? if you were to state such ridiculous things in front of my IRL film club members the place would erupt with laughter
>>
>>67239942
He's never done two genres or similar style movies one after another before. I mean, he went from IG to DU, but then DU to H8. And the whole he only wants to do 10 movies but that was his number 8.

I thought the whole movie was fine, except for the whole killing the generals son scene. I didn't think it was pertinent and it was a jarring transition following with QTs narration.
>>
>>67241356
it's a kinda remake since both protagonists go through similar things, but it has a different style. 1983 scarface and vice city are similar in style and the game is based on the film, just saying
>>
>>67241525
congrats?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.