[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did it all go wrong? At the beginning we had badass Ragnar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: vikings logo.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vikings logo.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
When did it all go wrong? At the beginning we had badass Ragnar who believed in Norse Mythology and the show was pretty legit.

But then Ragnar fell in love with a christian monk, by now he's fucking with an asian meanwhile Lagertha manages to kill her husband without any punishment because she has feminist warriors at her side
>>
He kinda still believes in it though since he had that fever dream/near death experience about entering Valhalla the other episode
>>
After season 2 when they killed off based Borg. And when Floki went full fedora.
>>
>>67239058
>its a Bjorn eats pussy like a beta cuck episode
>>
I have no fucking idea what is happening anymore. I feel like this season has been a fever dream. The only thing I got from it is that Ivar is thug and Bjorn is turning into season 1 Ragnar.
>>
>>67239058
the english princess spewing ' i cant do whatever i want and fuck whoever i want, i am a strong independent woman'.
lagertha and that ridiculous bunch of women 'warriors' atempting to be fierce and menacing that just breaks all imersion.
fookin god. please keep your XXI century ideals out of the fukin story.
>>
This show went to shit so fucking fast in unreal
>>
I really wish they would drop the England plot line, like I couldn't give a fuck about any of those characters anymore.

I liked Ecbert too, but now all he seems to care about is cucking his son as much as possible.
>>
File: 1325438734001.jpg (127 KB, 406x464) Image search: [Google]
1325438734001.jpg
127 KB, 406x464
A myth was created by wicca liberal revisionists in the 60s and 70s about the role of women in viking society. They were almost shown as a semi-emancipated feminists. In reality there was a lot of freedom in certain aspects of life, such as marriage and houshold duties, yet nowhere near what is shown in this series. Women never took part in raiding parties and not one is recorded fighting anywhere in England. A few women were found on the battlefield in Eastern Europe, yet never in Western and the whole idea of the shieldmaiden is pure Viking mythology from the sagas. They also never inherited or ruled as Earls.

Thus the entire character of Lagertha is completely made up modern feminist version of what we see quite often in historical shows yet didn't exist. A woman that defeats large and experienced vikings in close combat, kills her own husband and inherits his Earl title - this is all pure fiction with the intent on including "a strong modern woman" in the show yet on no historical basis whatsoever.
>>
Why did Rollo just kill off all Vikings?
>>
>>67239058
>make a show in an historical setting
>first season is about exploring the setting
>the other seasons are the same soap drama shit you get in any other show
>>
>>67239058
>When did it all go wrong?

You fucking retard, tons of people said drop this shit when Lagertha killed that viking dude for raping a woman during a raid. TONS OF PEOPLE SAID DROP. But then a bunch of fucking beta faggots said

>d-d-don't be a mysogynist shield maidens t-tottally existed in real life and women were equal to men back then!

You cucks reap what you sow.
>>
Just saw Michael Hirst claim in a reddit AMA that Lagertha (as he wrote her) is "historically accurate"

My fucking SIDES

>We wuz feminists and shit Olaf
>>
File: out fucking skilled.webm (1 MB, 558x416) Image search: [Google]
out fucking skilled.webm
1 MB, 558x416
>
>>
>>67239529
>has a dozens of occasions to slit her throat or empale her with the sword
>hit her in the face instead, so she doesn't die right away and feeds Bjorn's plotline
>>
>stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?p=11060797&postcount=24
>It is clear that the History Channel is trying to make the audience believe that our Viking ancestors were savages compared to followers of Semitic religions. I can tell that at least one Viking will have abandoned the true Gods and converted to christianity by the end of the series

Holy FUCK this guy is prophetic

If only he had known back then that it would be Ragnar aka the main character himself that not only betrays the gods and converts to christ-insanity but also ends up race-mixing with a chink and cucking his own second wife

Really puts into perspective how far this show has fallen
>>
Personally I feel like this show has been running on empty way too long and every episode more weird shit is thrown at you

>Why was Sinric a transvestite?
>Why does Lagertha have an woman-only army?
>Where did all those women come from?
>Why did Floki move to the village instead of his old place?
>Why does he paint himself in the face? >Why is Ragnar turning into Floki in manners and body language?
>Where is Bjorns daughter?
>Why all these hallucinations/dreams?
>Why doesn't the seer have eyes?
>Why do you lick the seers hand?
>Why did Gisela go from hating Rollo to craving his hot viking dick in an instant?
>Why is there a chinese in Scandinavia in the 8th Century?
>Why does a boy have a snake in his eye?
>Why did Ragnar swallow the snake?
>And how does a snake survive in the freezing northern lands in a shitty cabin
>>
>>67239058
>a white man with a yellow fever
poetry. hes a cuck and a race traitor. his people are cucks. his religion is dead. shit series.
>>
File: xhfIsNC.webm (1 MB, 236x426) Image search: [Google]
xhfIsNC.webm
1 MB, 236x426
>>67239846
>Why does Lagertha have an woman-only army?
>>
Am I the only one who noticed that the seer licked Floki's hand? Shit was all in reverse.

>I waited a long time
>Hundreds of years
>While I lay in the wet ground
>Waiting in the space between life and death
>I have waited and I understand
>Show me that you understand
>Show me who you are

One of the only decent scenes this season. A lot more like the early mystic-exploration-coolshit episodes than what we get now.
>>
>>67239058
Just picked this show up and it seems ok. At what point does it turn to shit, and is there a recommended cut-off point?
>>
>>67239495
The same thing will probably happen to The Last Kingdom
>>
>>67240151
So is it pretty much confirmed that Floki is Loki?
>>
>>67240116
what a dosis of reality
>>
>>67240116
>>67240116
Why the fuck are they pushing him? Fucking white knight retards

If the situation was in reverse everyone would be cheering on the cunt while he was laying on the ground still
>>
>>67239846
Demographics or better yet, illusion of demographics. Normal people watch a show and that's it. Only tumblrinas post about it on Facebook, write letters, join fanpages and all that jazz. That's how studios get the perception that those are their primary demographic.

Add to that the fact that those are also the kind of people attracted to this business and you have a disaster in the making.
>>
>>67240224
Honestly there are plenty of times where it gets worse and then gets better. This season is the first time I remember feeling like I actually outright wasted my time watching it.

This scene and a few others being the exceptions. >>67240151
>>
>>67240116
>that frame where she just freezes and waits for the clash
>>
>>67239058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz3O0JftA5w
What the hell happened to Warduna? The music this season just doesn't compare
>>
>>67240116

CHOO CHOO

HERE COMES THE PAIN TRAIN
>>
>>67239481
Retarded writing.
>>
File: 1425768457754.jpg (541 KB, 1977x939) Image search: [Google]
1425768457754.jpg
541 KB, 1977x939
>>67239529
>tfw no more shieldmaiden vikingette smugfu ;_;
>>
>>67239481
So he could be surrounded in a foreign land, with people he just fought, who's language he didn't speak (until one day he beat the priest hard enough he was able to suddenly speak perfect French) and so that if they decide they didn't need this one loan Viking it'd be easy to get rid of him.
It's a perfect plan.
>>
>>67240742
>cuts face sliced to shreds in the 9th century where they have no antiseptic and just throw a cloth on top
>no infection

>my gf gets keyhole surgery in 2016 with all our modern day tech
>gets an infection
Explain this atheists.
>>
>>67240786
>cuts
Meant to write gets, fucking Freudian slip.
>>
all is excused
>>
>>67240116
>hold me before I kick his ass! with my powerful girly hands reeeeee
>>
>>67240116
Why do they drag him away?
>>
>>67240873
If they show her what good boys they are she might reward them with sex
>>
>>67239058
>But then Ragnar fell in love with a christian monk,
what?
>>
File: torvibutt.jpg (57 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
torvibutt.jpg
57 KB, 1080x1080
>>67240842

new girl coming through
>>
Nothing happenes: the season
Seriously name one intresting thing that has happened so far this seaon.
>>
>>67241000

I'm always wondering : who is taking the photo ?
>>
>>67241000
torvi's face is like superplain, it's like weaponized normalcy given a face, I'm not a big fan of her looks
>>
>>67241028
Kwentrith's tower assault, Bjorn vs Berseker
it's a 20 episode season series now, you gotta get used to the low ass pace buddy
>>
File: newfu.jpg (63 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
newfu.jpg
63 KB, 1080x1080
>>67241032

it's okay anon
not everyone wants to breed blonde cuties
>>
>>67241061
T H I C K
H
I
C
K
>>
>>67240116
instinct

it's why women should not be in the military, men are just wired this way
>>
>>67241061
>>67241000
what's her instagram?
>>
File: 123233.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
123233.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>67241061
she's pretty fit
>>
>>67239058
Basically went to shit when Ragnar shaved his head.
>>
>>67241000
inferior* girl coming through
>>
>>67239343
>nord women being valkyries break immersion
>>
>>67239783
>this guy is prophetic!
in what way? the pagan lifestyle disappeared due to Christian influence. Most Vikings took arms under the Christian banner and fought for the crusades. It's not prophetic, he just read a history book.
>>
>>67239846
seers don't have eyes because they can "see the future". To see into the future you have to give up your sight. Odin gave up his sight in one eye to gain foresight and seers emulated this ritual.
>>
>>67240873
because you continue hitting your opponent until the ref breaks up the fight. They broke it up so he wouldn't continue to pummel her. Have you never watched a fight before?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.