[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You've got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: sean-young-blade-runner.jpg (134 KB, 580x276) Image search: [Google]
sean-young-blade-runner.jpg
134 KB, 580x276
>You've got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar.
>I'd take him to the doctor.

What did she mean by this? I would have guessed she was a replicant from this strange answer.
>>
sounds like someone should have taken you to the doctor
>>
>>67236985
Why are Americans so obsessed with taking their kids to a doctor over very minor behavioural problems?
>>
File: kkk.jpg (97 KB, 687x900) Image search: [Google]
kkk.jpg
97 KB, 687x900
Sounds reasonable. Kid wants to study bugs, let him. Killing jars are a thing.
>>
>2016
>trusting doctors
>not taking it into your own hands to do the research and diagnose yourself
>>
>>67237285
A kid having a meme psychological disorder like ADD is a good excuse to hide shit parenting
>>
>>67237330
>more human than human is our motto
>>
>>67236985
It doesn't matter what the answer is. They just measure your pupils and see if you are lying.

The theory is that replicants are nervous whenever they are asked if they are humans
>>
>>67236985
It's a minor nod to something that's more important in the novel. Basically due to radiation poisoning living animals have become exceptionally rare and valuable on earth. Even things like moths, bugs, and spiders. While luxury artificial animals are still a thing in the film (the snake and the owl) it's something that isn't really elaborated or expanded on,

The nature of the question is meant to trip up a replicant because bug collecting is traditionally seen as a harmless pass time but within the setting a kid being very cavalier about showing off their killing jar might be seen as a warning sign for psychological problems. Replicants have a hard time with empathy and generally don't give a shit about things like bugs (Roy torments Isidore in the book by ripping the legs off a spider). Even if a replicant answered with a "correct" response it would lack the subtle emotional cues (pupil dilation and what not) that would go along with it.

Without knowing anything about the source material it still works in isolation in the film (and is a good example of how good an adaptation Blade Runner is). The point of the scene is to show how advanced Rachel is. Deckard has to go as far as to ask her obtuse questions about a theoretical child not being empathetic enough towards bugs whereas earlier we see Leon (an older and less advanced model) shoot his tester rather than fail to fake an emotional response to questions about his "mother".
>>
>>67238383

OP here. 9.9/10 answer. I deducted 0.1 points for misspelling 'pastime'.

I should read the book. Or more likely download an audio version.
>>
I'd lick her hairy pits and pussy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzHyez0YDs
>>
>>67236985
Sounds like an autism test.
>>
>>67238383
>Deckard has to go as far as to ask her obtuse questions about a theoretical child not being empathetic enough towards bugs whereas earlier we see Leon (an older and less advanced model) shoot his tester rather than fail to fake an emotional response to questions about his "mother".
To be fair, Leon knew he was a replicant and was about to get caught, Rachel thought she was human.
>>
>>67236985

she didn't mean a medical doctor, rather a professor of zoology to further his interest in insects.
>>
>>67237154
the blood bank
>>
>>67238975
You would know.
>>
File: 19gom0qcsch7cgif.gif (786 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
19gom0qcsch7cgif.gif
786 KB, 500x206
>>
>>67236985
In the future it was discovered that butterflies are sentient beings about to have feelings. They're language was found to contain over 35,000 words. They speak using wing positional movements.
>>
>>67236985
She was gonna play "doctor" with the kid
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.