[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking garbage and my last straw with Aronofsky. How can something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: El-cisne-negro.jpg (320 KB, 600x917) Image search: [Google]
El-cisne-negro.jpg
320 KB, 600x917
Fucking garbage and my last straw with Aronofsky.
How can something so well shot fall so flat in its face, the character development is non existent and the thriller parts are hamfisted slasher tropes.
What I hated the most was that obnoxious music that was played instead of actually good performances, it ruined every semi-intimate moment that would've made the characters work better.
This was almost Perfect Blue.
>>
>>67234830
You've realised Aronofsky is a hack. Welcome to the next level.
>>
the biggest problem was the cast. I'm a big fan of his and consider this his worst film.
>>
pleb opinions everywhere up in here
>>
>>67234904
teach us oh wise one
>>
TV shows need character development more than Film by way of structure
Nonetheless, you do see Natalie Portman slowly defying her overprotective mother
>>
>>67235412
>Slowly
From one day to the other, quite literally.
>>
>>67235412
>TV shows need character development more than Film by way of structure
this
>>
Yes, his films are bad. Black Swan pushed the homosexual and nihilistic agenda while also simultaneously showing Aronofsky's hatred for God.
>>
>>67234830
>muh internal conflicts
>>
>>67234870
this
>>
>>67235444
>the character development is non existent
pick a goalpost
>>
>>67235955
Yes, of course, a sudden role reversal that goes against everything established is character development
>>
>>67236017
Go tell that to Urabutcher fanbois.
>>
>>67236017
if you say so
>>
>>67236122

how mature of you
>>
>>67234870
He's nowhere near a genius, but The Wrestler is a masterpiece. I'm indifferent to a lot of his work but The Wrestler did everything right.
>>
>>67234830

>it's a body double for the dancing scene with Portman and zoomed in close shots on her face to give the illusion she can dance episode

Fuck off Hershlag
>>
>>67236340
I wouldn't call The Wrestler a masterpiece but yeah, it's definitely his best movie. It had characters I've actually cared about unlike his other movies.
>>
>>67236340
The ending to The Wrestler was too predictable other than that it was great. Very well shot film too.
>>
I love this movie, one of my favorites. Great performance from Portman.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.