[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Possession 1981
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: 1414765463483.webm (3 MB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
1414765463483.webm
3 MB, 1200x720
What the fuck did I just watch

No really what was it that made all that shit even happen? Why did one actress play two characters?
>>
Lynchian dream logic/metaphors
>>
*fraaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkk*
>>
tfw divorce
>>
I love this film. The complete lack of extras is unnerving.
>>
Was Helen really just Anna's doppelganger, like Sam Neill's one at the end?
>>
has no one seen this movie?
>>
Possession (1981)
>>
>>67234094
Seeing random clips of this leads me to believe both her and Sam Neill's character are batshit insane.
>>
>>67236137

does it really?
>>
>>67236243
The fuck is this movie even about? Is she actually possessed?
>>
>>67236344

Lovecraft
>>
>>67236344

ye
>>
Well, it's about a spy who's come back home during a time of heightened international tension, to discover that his wife has been having an affair. Then after some lovely rows in which furniture is thrown, she runs off and her exact duplicate turns up as a babysitter. Meanwhile, the husband has tracked down his wife's lover, an insane German weirdo with a thing for medallions and karate, and presumably hypnotism given that his smug face is way too ugly to convincingly pull Isabelle Adjani.

After a weird conversation it turns out that neither man knows where Izzy has gone, so the freaky German guy hires a private detective to find her. Meanwhile, Izzy has set up in a dingy flat where she kills people, chops them up and puts them in the fridge, inbetween having sex with a tentacled monster that frankly looks like somebody has sneezed on her bed during a nosebleed. The private detective turns up and she stabs him to death before putting him in the fridge. Then Freaky German lover boy appears and gets stabbed, much to his surprise. He goes to Sam Neill for help and says "Sam Neill, help, she craizy!" Sam Neill helps by smashing him over the head and drowning him in a blocked toilet.

Then Sam Neil finds his wife, and she explains that she had a freaky miscarriage in a subway where she basically went completely mad and threw her shopping everywhere, before having some weird episode staring at an effigy of Christ. They get it on. Then, later, Sam Neill catches Izzy in flagrante with the now much bigger tentacle-monster, which is wildly pleasuring her naked screaming form.

Then Sam Neill goes for a motorbike ride and is shot at by some coppers. He staggers up an iron staircase when Izzy appears, looking luminous and accompanied by his perfect duplicate - the monster in its final form. It seems to be a bit Antichristy. Then they all get machine gunned by the coppers and only Mr Antichrist gets away.

Then his son tries to drown himself rather than let him in the door.
>>
>>67236243
W-why is she looking straight at us?
>>
>>67236410
>that she had a freaky miscarriage in a subway where she basically went completely mad and threw her shopping everywhere

That's in OP's webm right? How is she alive when she's leaking all this blood and goo? What exactly is happening there?
>>
>>67236434
it's a flashback to her having her miscarriage. I'm not sure if the movie is told from the perspective of an insane person or what
>>
>>67236421

The scene is shot by someone in the movie, it's meant to be a home movie type thing. But I can see how it could look quite creepy.
>>
>>67236491
So it's an exaggeration of her miscarrying being told from her perspective? Because women typically don't expel blood and fluid from the ears when that happens.

Having seen the full clip, I assumed she was in the middle of being possessed by a demon.
>>
>>67236617
maybe she really did miscarry like that. After all, the soggy red bio mass she kept in the apartment was real
>>
>>67236617
You just need to watch it yourself. The movie's way too abstract for you to make any assumptions about the plot that are correct.
>>
File: how.jpg (53 KB, 337x337) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
53 KB, 337x337
>>67234094
>Possession thread
>that guy hasn't shown up yet

Did he get a job or something?
>>
>>67237004
>that guy hasn't shown up yet

Who?
>>
>>67237076
the guy who comes in every Possession-related thread claiming that every single person who likes the movie is either pretending or a complete retard.
>>
It's an alien invasion movie
>>
>>67234094

It's objectively 10/10 movie.
I'm excited for the new Zulawski's movie. Sad he died.
>>
>>67236344

It's about sense of ownership in a relationship, not about being possessed by the devil.
Movie is pretty smart if you stop and think about it.
>>
>>67237133
That happens to literally every movie thread.
>>
>>67236491

I've always thought that this sequence signifies her internal struggle against her new demonic sex filled lifestyle.
She literally explodes with bodily fluids on screen.
>>
>>67237551
COSMOS IS VERY GOOD
>>
>>67238389

Good to hear that.
On the Silver Globe could've been my favorite movie of all time if it was properly finished but Szamanka was pretty bad.
Good to hear that a great director ended his career with great movie.
Was pretty pissed when they didn't mention him during last Oscars.
>>
ISABELLA JOHNNY
>>
>>67239790

Ishtar?
>>
why is she spitting out yogurt
>>
>>67236243
damn this is hot
>>
>>67234498
yes, it's the ideal version of her
>>
>>67238554
technically Zulawski died 2016 so he should be in next years oscars
>>
The Devil is pure kino
>>
>>67234498
Yep. The good to her evil.
>>
i'm literally in love with isabelle adjani and it tortures me every day
>>
What was with the camera always zooming in on the Berlin wall guards?

>>67236410
the son wasn't trying to drown himself, he was playing dead by doing the "dead man's float" in the tub

And you forgot to mention the nuclear war that starts when they look out the window
>>
>>67237460
So kind of like a Body Snatchers kind of thing? That would honestly be a pretty fucking horrifying explanation for what's going on in this movie.

It seemed to me like the doppelganger she was growing had some kind of aura of insanity around it. That one private investigator seemed to have lost control of his body when he tried/failed to shoot her while they were both in front of it.

And something caused Sam Niell to go fucking insane by the end of it; maybe it was being around Helen.
>>
>>67234094
Isabelle Adjani is my waifu. I thought she was like 19 in Queen Margot, and she was like late 30s or early 40s

Great in The Tenant too

And she still looks pretty goddam good at 60 desu. I'd still let her ooze milk and blood on me.
>>
>>67236243
>you'll never be a flat-chested ballerina
>>
>>67234094
What a qt :3
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.