[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did you become a drug addict after this movie yes or no?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: requiem.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
requiem.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
did you become a drug addict after this movie yes or no?
>>
File: ehs2ehs.jpg (8 KB, 349x237) Image search: [Google]
ehs2ehs.jpg
8 KB, 349x237
Fuuuuck no.

But I did buy a dual mule.
>>
>>67229263

this movie was just a long PSA to not do drugs.

complete shit.
>>
>>67230026
It was more about low class people clinging to false hope that is built on a lie. The movie gets a lot of scorn but I think it's quite a well-done portrayal of human garbage and the power of denial.
>>
I barely remember this movie but I drink 6 beers a night so yes
>>
I've tripped on research chemicals and delsym so many times and watched this movie.
>>
Is there a bigger hack in the industry than D. Aronofsky?
>>
>>67230219
Tarantino and it's not even close.
>>
Before. Loved sniffing oxy and watching this and trainspotting. Best feels and a lot more subtle things u understand In both films when addicted to opiAtes
>>
>>67230077
>It was more about low class people clinging to false hope that is built on a lie.
I think I know what you mean but what do you mean. seems to accurately describe poor people.
>>
>>67230077
>tfw most people don't understand this, even though the title implies it
Would Hubert Selby be mad about this?
>>
>>67230278
This post is deeper than the movie
>>
I was a pothead before seeing it but all the movie taught me was doing heroine will ruin your life, so i still smoke pot.. i watched requiem a lot back in the day
>>
>>67230219
>i don't know what words mean but i post them anyway because they sound cool
>>
>>67230340
oy vey
>>
>>67230306
He was in the movie.
>>
>>67230278
well, to put it blunt: the three younger characters are stupid. they have aspirations but aren't really good at anything. so they try to make money out of their one passion (shooting up) because they're frustrated and not getting any younger. the first half of the movie shows initial success and everyone's happy, making money, talking about these great plans (the rich whore wants to be a fashion designer IIRC). But drug addicts of that nature don't realize that their lifestyles are not sustainable, and once the crash happens the rest of the movie is spent trying to get back to that initial false hope to disastrous results. The old woman is a bit more complicated and tragic, because her false hope is her youth, when her husband was still alive and her son wasn't a junkie fuckup. She thinks by that losing weight and being on television it will make her life meaningful again and get her back to that optimistic time. False hope.
>>
yeah I started injecting krokodil into my ass
>>
>>67230026
How is a movie encouraging not to do drugs a bad thing?
>>
I was on a lot of drugs during. Did more after. Didn't really change my perception on drugs. Mainly because I'm not as retarded as the characters
>>
>>67230375
I'm not talking about the faithfulness of the adaptation, I'm talking about the popular interpretation after the film adaptation brought the story to a broader audience.
>>
Can a 2 sided dildo be used if there's only 1 person?

Science demands answers.
>>
>>67230467
Obviously.
>>
>>67230453
You'd probably have to ask him that. I've never met him and don't really know that much about him IRL so anything I say would nothing more than a poorly informed guess.
>>
>>67230594
You know he's dead, right?
>>
>>67230612
I do now.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.