[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: mark-hamill~01.jpg (44 KB, 455x376) Image search: [Google]
mark-hamill~01.jpg
44 KB, 455x376
Did anyone enjoy this unironically?
>>
It was fine. I saw it in theaters and I liked it. Not a masterpiece, not as good as the originals, not eager to watch it again anytime soon. But it was fine
>>
>>67205963
>>
>>67205903
Some parts of it, yes. I was even kind of excited at the beginning.

But then I got that slowly sinking feeling in my gut when Poe fired off that shitty, inappropriate quip and the general feeling of disappointment lingered throughout the rest of the movie.
>>
it was very disappointing

i'm glad I didn't pay to watch it
>>
I enjoyed it postironically.
>>
>>67205903
not unironically

but I enjoyed some of kylos nerd rage outbursts post-ironically

I was unironically about to fall asleep by the time kylo kills han solo, at that point I already knew nothing matters
>>
>>67205903
only the beginning with finn and poe. then rey came into the picture.
>>
>>67206074
Were you worried about ray?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rg0aq9N2EE
>>
I enjoyed it but realize that its definitely imperfect. It's basically "HEY LOOK! NOSTALGIA, RIGHT?!!" The Movie. But overall enjoyable.
>>
>>67205903
i hated everything about it
waiting for based rian johnson and hamill to elevate this garbage
>>
>>67205987
>But then I got that slowly sinking feeling in my gut when Poe fired off that shitty, inappropriate quip and the general feeling of disappointment lingered throughout the rest of the movie.
this was my experience actually

I was neutral leaning slightly towards optimism, but that quippy exchange with Poe and Kylo killed my half chub immediately. It happened so early too, it's a shame. It was a very apathetic experience.
>>
>>67206103
i dont get the reference, unless you're just talking about the title, but thanks for the listen.
>>
I enjoyed it new sincerely.
>>
>>67205903

Solid 8/10 for me, really enjoyed it

V is objectively the best star wars movie by a long shot. Best acting by far, tight plot that keeps the audience moving, great imagination and visuals.

IV is second for me, it's the original. Lots of creativity, at its core it's a simple story but just a really great adventure. Some beautiful shots. Not quite as complete as V.

I put VII next. I'll start with the bad, the nostalgia jackoff. Starkiller base is shoehorned in and adds nothing to the movie other than an excuse to fly x wings. It panders a bit too much.

Other than that, the writing, acting, and visuals are perfect. The characters are fun, with Kylo obviously shining. Old han has some good moments, and overall, while not perfect, it's a good kickoff to a new series.

Next is VI or III, depending on preference. VI has amazing moments with luke/sheeve/vader. These sets, the lightsaber fights, the dialogue is fantastic. The rest of this movie is an absolute mess, and I can't undertstand how people rate it so highly. The luke/leigh chemistry is gone. The movie was clearly rushed. It's another death star battle. This movie is also the beginning of the end for lucas, with chewie's tarzan yell as a big exclamation mark, and a cheezy battle with monty python style gags.

III suffers from terrible dialogue but some great action sequences. It's the "what could have been" for the prequels for me. You see a great movie there, but it's just covered in a layer of shit. It's still fun.

I > II
>>
Sure. 6/10
>>
>>67205903
le contrarian meme :^)
>>
I still haven't seen it. bluray when?
>>
>>67206534
>luke and leigh
>leigh
I agree with you on your actual points though.
As for episode 3, it could have been so much better with dialogue that wasn't so godawful. HURR FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL EVEN THOUGH A FEW MINUTES AGO I WANTED TO BE JEDI MASTER DURR and then let's just throw away my wife and fulfill the dream I had because reasons and so I can lose a fight to my former mentor because YEW WILL NEVAR WIN I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
The Vader suit montage was cool though.
>>
>>67206751

Sorry meant leia / han
>>
I did.

solid 7/10
>>
>>67206751
>from my point of view the jedi are evil

The dialogue could've had more impact if the movie explicitly had Anakin explaining to someone, or himself that the Jedi were evil. Or maybe, just put it in those Force nightmare sequences that he was having.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.