[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never watched a Cronenberg movie, should I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: david-cronenberg.jpg (100 KB, 755x941) Image search: [Google]
david-cronenberg.jpg
100 KB, 755x941
I never watched a Cronenberg movie, should I?
>>
one of the greatest and most underrated directors of our time
>>
check out Eastern Promises, it's very good
>>
No. Live in ignorance.
>>
A History of Violence is really bad. Like unintentional comedy bad, but it was based off a "graphic novel" (aka comic book) so what can you expect.
>>
>>67205428
I only watched A dangerous method, it was meh
>>
The Fly is GOAT body horror. Best performance of Goldblum's career
>>
>>67205481
Any recmomendations?
>>
>>67205428
the fly and eastern promises are probably his best movies
scanners is overrated af except for based michael ironside
>>
Stay way from existenz, it's shit.
Watch The Fly.
>>
File: 126.jpg (1 MB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
126.jpg
1 MB, 4256x2832
>>67205583
his last 4 movies seem to just end like there's a supposed to be a 4th act that's missing. i guess it's a stylistic choice because it leaves me wondering about the characters and thinking about the movie and it's themes after it's even finished
>>
>>67205696

dead ringers
crash
videodrome
and the brood

are all good and in his signature style but probably an acquired taste and not for newcomers
>>
>Ignoring Carpenter-chan when he tries to talk to you at a horror directors dinner

Skip them all
>>
>>67205664
the fly, videodrome, and eastern promises.

that should be more than enough to get you started and see if his style is to your liking and a match to your tastes.

even if it isn't but you're not sure how you feel, keep going.

maps to the stars is a misunderstood masterpiece but should probably be saved for later
>>
>>67205428
yes, but you might like him for only certain stuff. Watch his most knowns first, then go for the others. And if you love them all, you're a good guy.
>>
>>67205977
Totally agree on Maps.
>>
Only realized yesterday that he was the guy by the lake in To Die For
>>
File: Nightbreed-Still1.jpg (71 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Nightbreed-Still1.jpg
71 KB, 600x800
also watch Nightbreed if you really want to see his acting range
>>
>>67205428

Barron of Blood's best:

The Fly
Videodrome
Naked Lunch
Crash
The Brood
Rabid
Shivers
Scanners
Dead Ringers

Was much more interesting before he ceased to a "King of Venereal Horror".
>>
>>67205879

Do you know where I can find that? Was it in a documentary? An interview?
>>
>>67205576
I hope this is bait
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.