[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, this film was based what does /tv/ think of 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: 10-Cloverfield-Lane-JJ-Abrams.jpg (57 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
10-Cloverfield-Lane-JJ-Abrams.jpg
57 KB, 770x442
Holy shit, this film was based

what does /tv/ think of 10 Cloverfield Lane?

also, I heard something about it being a Half-Life universe tie-in
>>
File: 10-cloverfield-lane.png (776 KB, 1199x600) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane.png
776 KB, 1199x600
>>
It was so fucking good until the last 15 minutes when they remembered it was supposed to have aliens in it and shoehorned that bullshit in at the end.

Also it helped that the main girl was a super cute
>>
Do you guys think Mary has ever had sex in exchange for a role?
>>
>>67197154

Duh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
>>
>>67196581
Any decent torrents for this yet?
>>
>>67197968
nope
>>
>Acid splashes on the floor, some of it gets on your feet.
>Immediately buckle and fall face-first into the acid, flopping around and moaning in it for a while.
Ok.

It was by no means a bad movie but it falls short of what I want from a rape dungeon movie with supernatural elements. John Goodman turning the asperger's up to maximum was fun to watch, at least.
>>
STINKY
>>
>>67196581

The ending was unintentionally funny

"Grrr, I'm gonna go fight dose aliums!"

The whole film is a girl power, men are evil, feminist power fantasy.

But it was very entertaining.
>>
John Goodman's character wasn't crazy. Well, he was a rapist/murderer, so obviously he was crazy in that sense, but he wasn't "alien space worms" crazy. He built that bunker for one reason: rape. The high-security, isolated location was the perfect place for him to commit his dirty deeds. But when anyone asked him why he was building a bunker, he would need a cover. Pretending to be crazy was that cover.
>>
File: Antje Traue.gif (1 MB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
Antje Traue.gif
1 MB, 245x136
>>67198014
>The whole film is a girl power, men are evil, feminist power fantasy.

what;s wrong with that?
>>
>>67198041
the writers couldn't decide on what the fuck he is, so they combined just being a creepy weirdo who wants to be MEW's dad with emmett and some random previous girl murderer so we can have an actual reason for an imminent escape
>>
>>67197124
It came off almost like slapstick. She actually stood on top of the truck and said "oh cmon"

I feel like that had to be intentional. I'm thinking they made the movie they wanted to make and that last 15 minutes was a message to the producers or something, seeing as they were still bound to the cloverfield name.
>>
>>67198672
It was just so god damn stupid. Like if someone had never seen cloverfield and saw that movie they would probably be absolutely dumbfounded by why the hell they decided to put aliens at the end of a perfectly good psycho movie.

It reminded me of that kids movie Bolt, how at the end they made a joke about how the TV show decided to throw in aliens for now reason
>>
>>67196581
>I heard something about it being a Half-Life universe tie-in
by the same retards who thought the first Cloverfield was a Lovecraft tie-in
>>
I THINK YOURE A SHILL NOW

THERE DOESNT SEEM TO BE ANYONE AROUND
>>
7/10 movie that suffered from that studio interference at the end, as we all know.

John Goodman was excellent. I kinda wish the end was a little ambiguous, or if they really HAD to go that route, it wasn't so over-the-top. She could just exit and be like "oh shit" or whatever she says, and then end the movie there. Or just have her go straight for the car after leaving the bunker and drive away and THEN see it overhead and listen to the radio and have the same ending without the molotov nonsense.
>>
File: shazam-happy.jpg (29 KB, 300x465) Image search: [Google]
shazam-happy.jpg
29 KB, 300x465
where r thie links to this movie on pirate movie websites none for almos a week now wtf thats is so odd plz if u find one link it ty
>>
>>67199087
They got the shills all over this monitoring every internet message board for people sharing links while they pretend to be 100 different people that liked the movie.
>>
>>67198821
that was reasonable tho, the ARG had tons of hints that a deep ocean creature of massive proportions had woken up and started moving towards land
>>
>>67199087
shazam is coming out in 2019
>>
File: aw yisss.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
aw yisss.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
Excellent movie, and I mean really fucking great, the characters and setting and atmosphere and pacing and everything... right up until she gets out

Then.. yea. Its like that part in Hancock, that kitchen scene where the movie suddenly turns completely fucking retarded out of nowhere.
Its a shame, because I loved everything else about this. The characters, the setting, the atmosphere, and holy fuck John Goodmans performance knocked that shit outta the park.
>>
> I heard something about it being a Half-Life universe tie-in

Shit son, the more I think of this the more it works so well. Even the alien and ships reminded me of half life.
>>
>>67201447
Same, my first reaction when I saw the ground creature was "houndeye". The drop ship reminded me more of something from crysis though
>>
It's the best thriller/horror/suspense/scary movie that has come out in a long time, it doesn't rely on jumpscares to be scary and the characters are all great. It's constant mystery as to if John Goodmans character is good or bad. I would highly recommend you see it
>>
>>67196581
I don't care what you say.
I'm not watching it, shill.
>>
>>67203808
Are you gay?
>>
>>67198014
>The whole film is a girl power, men are evil, feminist power fantasy.

>i didn't see the movie at all
>>
It was a lot of fun. I really loved it, thought the pacing was great. It really captured the joy of watching a mystery unfold.
>>
Emmet was a fucking moron.

>get caught making suit
>instead of giving Howard some innocuous excuse, makes up some weird lie about making a weapon
>get shot immediately, of course

why did he do this? I understand he couldn't tell the truth because then the suit would have been destroyed but how was this better? By that point he already knew that Howard probably killed that other girl and was obsessed with self preservation. he could have given him literally any other excuse and he probably wouldn't have gotten shot.
>>
>>67196581
Close.

The director made a Portal fan film.

>Female character stuck underground in a secret facility
>escapes from the clutches of evil
>born again after emerging from the earth a changed and independent woman

I know this is /tv/ but the ending to portal had the same beats sans aliens. It's obvious the last bit was tacked on much later
>>
Anyone have the script? It got deleted.
>>
>>67197999
GOBLIN
>>
I agree OP. This film was great. Spoilers ahead

FUCK OFF SHLLLING THIS SHITE FILM YOU PRICK
>>
File: 1456640274349.png (57 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1456640274349.png
57 KB, 240x255
>>67206690
>>
File: Stop_Jack_Black.jpg (29 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
Stop_Jack_Black.jpg
29 KB, 283x283
>>67198853
>>67206690
>Wahh stop talking about movies that just came out
>>
>>67198014

You're really stretching with that. You want to be offended by it so you're looking for shit to make up.
>>
>jewjew said there was a link with Cloverfield
>there's none

I don't give a fuck about your Slusho company, Jewjew just wanted some $$$ so he took the Cloverfield name to pander to people who asked for a sequel since years
>>
>>67207124
>satellites
>Tagruato
>>
>ppl hating on the last 15mins

literally why?
>>
>>67207285

Because it kills an otherwise fantastic film about paranoia and isolation. It wasn't a bad ending, it just seems... cheap.
>>
>>67207285
because they hate women, anon
>>
>>67207285
because rlm hated it, and they're the arbiters of good taste
>>
>>67207285
Because the ayyliums felt forced and tacked on
>>
>>67207382

>kills an otherwise fantastic film about paranoia and isolation

so because the ending adds another element to the movie, the rest is ruined for you?

>>67207405

yea, i'm beginning to think that's the only reason.
>>
>>67207489

I didn't say it ruined it for me, it's still a good movie regardless. The ending felt shoehorned in and it took away from the overall feeling of the film. They could have left it ambiguous and it would have been fine.
>>
No one is talking about how this was clearly a foot fag film. Made for and by a foot fag. She was barefoot the whole time. I dont appreciate that kind of pandering.
>>
>>67196581
>DUDE
>SURVIVAL SHELTER
>LMAO
>>
Pretty sure that last bit was thrown in to start building for sequel.

It did seem like a totally different movie once she got out of the Bunker. Which makes since desu.
>>
>>67196581
I think I'm obsessed with MEW tb h
>>
>>67208471
Hollywood did it to pay their debt to footfags after BDH never bared her feet in Jurassic World
>>
I don't understand how she keeps getting work. Feel like pretty much everything she's in tanks at the box office, yet she keeps being given opportunities to fail.

White privilege.
>>
>Tfw getting spooked by the shot of the dropship in the distance because of nightmares I used to have where I would see something like it spawn a fuckton of tornadoes that I end up getting killed by
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.