[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw pic related. Best movie of 2016 so far, in my opinion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Just saw pic related. Best movie of 2016 so far, in my opinion. Thoughts?
>>
I thought it was average at best but pretty good for a horror movie. Each scene with tension didn't really have a good pay off and it became apparent early on that it was going to stay that way for the rest of the film. 7/10
>>
>>67191223
>payoff
I'm not sure what you were expecting. The tension is built throughout the entire film, not isolated to each scene. If the tension was built and expended in a single scene you lose the overall tension and escalation in tone of the whole movie.
>>
Baa baa
>>
>>67191425
Black Phillip
Those fucking twins, man.
>>
>>67191370
Then the ending should have been way better. The girl watched her dad die to a goat, had to kill her mother, and lost her siblings and her reaction was to take a day time nap and sign her life away with a smile? I felt no desperation from that character and her tramatization so it didn't stick the landing for me.
>>
>>67190987
Why does no one ever post this "legendary ass" I keep hearing so much about??
>>
>>67191601
You don't think someone literally making a deal with Satan is a sign of desperation?
>>
>>67191714
Go watch the movie.
>>
>>67191733
I think the act is desprate, I didn't think her emotions weye anything to show. The movie itself didn't really have a character that was the particular lead, so when it was just her I didn't find myself caring too much about her. We didn't get any shots of her being vulnerable to black phillip so it's kind of weird that she just decides to go with him at the end. I would understand if there were scenes of herself trying to survive on her own for a bit before signing over but like I said, she just kind of napped. Also, she's smiling st the end which is weird. What's her motive to go after a "delicious life"? Just because she doesn't want to starve? Does she feel betrayed and wants revenge? Has she always felt evil? It's not really adressed.
>>
People laughed in my theater and felt scammed. It was weird.
>>
>>67192016
By the end she is literally insane. She knows she can't go back to the village because she will undoubtedly be accused of witchcraft and burned. She knows she couldn't possibly survive in the wild on her own. She's been drive to insanity by the goings ons in her family. The reason she smiles, I'd imagine, is she essentially being completely sudeced and entranced as Lucifer reveals himself to her.
>>
>Best movie of 2016
It's barely Febuary anon
>>
>>67192136
>so far
Are you blind?
>>
>>67192146
Those literally mean the same things at this point in time.
>>
>>67192299
Are you trying to tell me "best of 2016" and "Best of 2016 so far" mean the same thing? Because they definitely don't.
>>
File: 1393914187161.jpg (6 KB, 222x225) Image search: [Google]
1393914187161.jpg
6 KB, 222x225
this isn't a meme is it? I was told that babadook was good and it was a meme
>>
>>67192397
Tell me, anon. Do you like capeshit?
>>
>>67192414
no I hate capeshit
>>
>>67192107
There's no indication of a breaking point in this film. There's an implication that this movie is about "Thomasin and her seduction into the dark arts" but its not a very good character showcase. She gets just as much time as her other family members, and even her brother has scenes showing his seduction to the witch. If they were going to end the film with that thesis in mind they needed to do way more with her just screen time wise.
>>
>>67192480
The breaking point was probably when she stabbed her own mother 5 times. Maybe you missed it?
>>
>>67192513
Stabbing people doesn't make you "crazy". It's what happens after and how you deal with it. You're satisfied with 1.Stabbing mother 2. Signing life to goat devil. I would have been satisfied with 1. Stabbing mother 2. Self realization of the situation I'm in 3. Signing life away to goat devil. Where's that middle part? Is that nap all she needed? That's not really good enough for me. Especially with the assumed thesis.
>>
I'm not trying to tell you, I'm telling you.
2016 has spanned a total of three months.

Therefore, best of 2016 = best of 2016 so far.

You haven't seen movies in the future dickass.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.