[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow, what a dick. Why didn't he just hire a car at the airport?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Tom-cruise-collateral-subway.jpg (53 KB, 640x374) Image search: [Google]
Tom-cruise-collateral-subway.jpg
53 KB, 640x374
Wow, what a dick.

Why didn't he just hire a car at the airport?
>>
File: collateral yo homey.webm (3 MB, 1280x539) Image search: [Google]
collateral yo homey.webm
3 MB, 1280x539
>>
>>67188528
The ending of that movie was really the worst part. All semblance of tension breaks down and we're left with another generic "chase film" where characters behave irrationally (Vincent not immediately shooting Max in the office) and the ending that felt supremely tacked on in order to tie into a past conversation. Good movie other than that, but still...
>>
>>67189109
I also loved how he put a bullet in that guy's head a minute later. Fucking savage.
>>
This is one of my favorite movies. Makes Los Angeles look so gorgeous, I want to go there someday. It's probably a smog filled wasteland BUT THE POWA OF THE PICTURES
>>
>>67188528
He wanted to talk to someone
>>
>>67189151
I liked him dying on the subway. And the bit where they play peekaboo at the station.

The ending did have a couple Hollywood bullshit moments in it, like when Vincent doesn't immediately shoot Annie, or immediately shoot Max like you say. And the fact that Max actually kills him while Vincent doesn't land a shot.
>>
>>67188528
Tom Cruise needs more evil roles. Tropic Thunder is the only other movie I can think of.
>>
>>67189190
its a weird place, but what little I saw was pretty nice
actually stayed at a hotel near the nakatomi (fox) plaza

the weirdest thing there were the oil pumps
not near the hotel, but they're just like, a bit off the road in some places like we're in texas or something
>>
>>67189151
>(Vincent not immediately shooting Max in the office)

You could argue Vincent had partially developed an empathy for him, from their time together/bonding in the strange circumstances, hence that occuring.
>>
>>67189190
Just stay away from south central and east los angeles.
>>
>>67188528
Because LA is a large are. A dude wanted to get a ride in order to make quick stops ..... You must be an idiot !!! I thought those characters have a similar Q&A in the cab.
>>
>>67189273
>You could argue Vincent had partially developed an empathy for him,
I call bullshit on that because Max already demonstrated his willingness to kill Vincent by crashing the car. Vincent letting Max live from that exchange was already strange, but Max points a gun at him and Vincent HESITATES?! My autism can only handle so much, sorry.
>>
>>67189338
Maybe he just didn't see the gun, it was dark.
>>
>>67189381
Aw come on Max had the fucking gun pointed right at him. You expect me to believe the "perfect hitman" couldn't see it? Besides doesn't he say something like
>You're not gonna shoot me
>>
>>67189190
Michael Mann literally gets a hardon at the thought of LA
>>
>>67189381
It wasn't that, it was more surprise.

Originally Max crashed the car because he was scared for his life and wanted to get away. The gun was a purposeful attempt to kill Vincent, who thought he had bonded with the guy.

Vincent is used to pieces of trash trying to kill him (as evidencedby the webm above), and would take out people who were trying to stop him on a mission, but Max was a good guy who thought Vincent was a bad one, even after all they went through.
>>
>>67189500
>Max was a good guy who thought Vincent was a bad one, even after all they went through.
Vincent was a bad guy though
>>
>>67189151

agree 100% love the movie besides that stupid fucking chase. it wasn't even well done.

i liked the very end though
>>
>>67189463
no, he says "Why, what are you gonna do about it?"
>>
>>67188528

remember the small conversation at the first crime scene between the detectives?

it kind of implies vincent has been in LA before and his routine was to hire the cab to drive him to hits, kill the driver make it look like suicide and stick the murders on him
>>
>>67189190

Los Angeles is like that but it's fucking depressing since unlike new York or Chicago, the city is empty at night. Also the city is more horizontal than vertical, so you need a car to do anything. In new York, you can walk to where you want to go. In Los Angeles you need a vehicle for anything.
>>
>>67191507
LA usually beats us every year for worst traffic in the states, I can't imagine how nightmarish that must be (I'm in Honolulu and it's already really bad).
>>
>>67189221
vincent dies because he refuses to adapt. the entire movie every time he kills someone its the Mozambique drill. it doesnt work at the end because the metal of the door is in the way
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.