[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is, by far, Tarantino's best work.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: The-Hateful-Eight.jpg (196 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
The-Hateful-Eight.jpg
196 KB, 1200x800
This is, by far, Tarantino's best work.
>>
Yeah if you ignore the 5+ films he made that were all better
>>
How so?
>>
>>67181876
It's tarantula's most boring work.
>>
howdy niggu
>>
>>67181910
Best cinematography, best acting, best plot and diaogues.

H8 > Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > the rest
>>
>tfw i actually agree and people with shit taste keep telling me pulp fiction and django are his best movies
>>
>>67181974
Can't argue with that. Guess you win this diaogue, friendo.
>>
1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Hateful Eight
3. Jackie Brown
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Kill Bill
6. Inglorious Basterds
7. Death Proof
8. Django Unchained

In a few years H8 will be regarded as one of his best, total pleb filter.
>>
File: Mocking Bird.jpg (30 KB, 635x611) Image search: [Google]
Mocking Bird.jpg
30 KB, 635x611
Was anyone else bothered with her reaction to the smashed up guitar? Like, I get that you don't want to waste the shot where she's reacting to Kurt destroying a museum piece, but that's not the way I'd expect Domergue to actually react to some random guitar being smashed beside her, going "wait wait!" looking off-screen in a "oh shit did we fuck up?" way when she never once pleaded for him to stop like that when he was actually beating HER up. It felt out of place because of that. Just because the feeling is genuine it doesn't mean that you should use the take, if the feeling she's showing is actually wrong.
>>
Senor Bob was a terrible actor, but other than that this was a great flick.
>>
Maybe she places more value in those objects then her own well-being. A punch to the face, compared to the destruction of a beautiful instrument, is in her mind insignificant.

Fantastic movie though. Excelled in all fields.
>>
> Minnie has a sign that reads "No Dogs or Mexicans"
> Minnie is introduced to the gang and one of them is Mexican and she welcomes him with open arms

BRAVO QUENTIN, BRAVO

explain this shitty writing OP .. oh look, you cant.
>>
Top tier
Inglourious Basterds
Hateful Eight
Reservoir Dogs

Yes please tier
Kill Bill
Jackie Brown

Ok tier
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Death Proof
>>
>>67181876
>yfw it's a methaphore for America
>a nation torn apart, still trying to heal the wounds of the civil war
>and they achieve it through violence and murder
it's the only Quentin movie with some kind of subtext other than "I love these kinds of movies" or "this will look/sound cool", so yeah, I agree with you
>>
>>67182416
>yfw it's a methaphore for America
Are you on methaphore?
>>
>>67182396
exactly this. totally threw me for a loop
>>
>>67182190
I dunno, I think it worked in the sense that she was terrified.

>"Oh shit, a guitar just exploded next to my fucking head!!"
>>
This movie was a poorly edited mess. Also, no amount of "acting" could make Tarantula's juvenile fantasies more bearable. 70mm added N O T H I N G to it, incredibly poor choice. The soundtrack redeemed it.

>inb4 le pleb filter xD
>>
anyone else notice "The Thing" music?
>>
>>67182416
he broke open the mould of storytelling to include non-linear narratives, American colloquialism and post-modern, pop cultural metatext. you gotta give him more credit that that.
>>
Quentins campy voice and narration was just so out of place, he really should stay behind the camera.
>>
>>67182396
Did she have, though? Or was it bullshit just to make SeƱor Bob uncomfortable?

>Minnie hung that sign up the day she opened this haberdashery, and it hung over that bar every day until she took it down a little over two years ago. Know why she took it down? She started letting in dogs.
Seems like Major Nigger was just rattling him up like he did the Colonel.
>>
>>67182396
>>67182480

He was lying to provoke a response, just as he'd been lying throughout the movie to provoke the responses he wanted. He didn't know for certain that Senor Bob wasn't legit... He was just making shit up to try to make them react. If he'd known for sure he'd have killed Senor Bob from the start.
>>
>>67182574
My only complaint about the movie. Quentin narrating.
>>
>Tarantino
>good

Pick one
>>
>>67182122
>Kill BIll
Kek
>>
hate fellate was bad and youre all delusional
>>
>>67182492
She was in a deadly gang and had been beaten up without being fazed, though. Freaking out over a guitar exploding near you when you're cool with being beaten and presumably being in shoot-outs as a career doesn't add up.
>>
>>67181876

I will never watch it.
>>
>>67181876

*snippy comment about how being the best tarantino work is like being the smartest retard*
>>
>>67182613
Nobody implied Tarantino was good, even someone who has made nothing but awful movies still has a best and a worst movie. Like how on the first day that 'records began' it was both the wettest and driest day ever.
>>
>>67182676
I watched 30 minutes of it. Is that ok?
>>
>>67182673
But she really wanted to play the guitar.
For some people, the guitar is more valuable than many things.

There is nothing off about it.
>>
>>67182728

I didn't even watch the trailer.
>>
>>67182676
This.
>>
>>67182612
>>67182574
This is a good point, definitely the weakest part of the movie. The narration felt like it came from nowhere, and it definitely wasn't helped by Tarantino's crappy voice-over skills.

Still, I think I prefer it over him having a cameo as some random traveller showing up just to get shot or being Minnie's husband or whatever he'd do otherwise, because his acting skills are worse than his voice-over skills.
>>
Terrible pacing.

Could have been trimmed down to 90 minutes and lost nothing.
>>
>>67181876
HOWDY NIGGA
>>
>>67181876
>she would have let Tarantino spit on her punch her strangle her even kiss her feet in the name of film

why don't more of her exist?

because John Landis killed her father
>>
>>67182787
this desu
also chapter 4 and tarantino's voice over was necessary and pointless
>>
HEY LITTLE APPLE BLOSSOM
>>
>>67182676
This

Fuck that literal cuckold tarantino pushing his fetishes
>>
>pulp fiction

>hateful 8
>inglorious

>reservoir dogs = kill bill
>everything else
>>
>>67182190

yeah, it seemed odd, even when I didn't know the story behind the guitar
>>
>>67181876

well its no jackie brown, but it's definitely his best movie since the 90s
>>
>>67183031
Yeah I didn't know about the guitar thing either when first seeing it. The reaction just stood out to me and then when I learned about the guitar it finally made sense.
>>
>>67182825

Yup.

By the the time we got to Minnie getting ambushed we already saw all the characters reveal themselves as Daisy's gang in the shootout.

The only thing we learned is that the General wasn't a part of the plan originally and that could have been resolved with one extra line of dialogue from the guy in the basement.
>>
>>67182944
>>67182676
>>67182755
who cares
>>
I think this film was absolute trash.

Reasons:
There isn't that much hate
Tarantino's fucking commentary
The fucking stupid door thing
The boring nigger hated by non nigger thing

The film just didn't provide any excitement, drama, comedy, fear, sexual arousal, or pretty much anything.
It was perfectly boring.
>>
The most disturbing part about this movie is the complete lack of cute girls feet
>>
>>67182879
That was so out of place and pointless, i almost dropped the movie completely
>>
>>67181876
BIG
>>
The N-Bombs were forced and unfunny...compared to say dead nigger storage from Pulp fiction. I just didn't enjoy this movie although it has some strong elements to it. I enjoyed Death Proof more
>>
You're wrong if you don't think Kill Bill is his best movie.
>>
>>67183715
i wonder if hes going to do a film that brings all his movies together somehow... since they all take place in his tarantino universe, he could do some sort of crazy mashup
>>
ITT: shit taste

hateful eight was above average at best. A decent movie by itself but shit tier compared to Tarantino's greatest films
>>
>>67183291
>>
>The film just didn't provide any excitement, drama, comedy, fear, sexual arousal, or pretty much anything.

This is basically how I felt about it. My favorite thing was the cinematography, which really isn't what you expect to be your favorite thing when watching a tarantino movie.
>>
>>67183771
And have Sam Jackson play 5 characters at once?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l5ZpCbQAOM
>>
>>67183832
Michael Parks played two different characters in Kill Bill.
>>
>>67183832
No... he would most likely play Jules from pulp fiction.. him "walking the earth" he ends up metting with Marcellus Wallace or something, Uma Thrurman would be The Bride
>>
File: daisydomerguelick.gif (2 MB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
daisydomerguelick.gif
2 MB, 400x239
>>67181876
agreed
>>
>>67183688
>The N-Bombs were forced and unfunny...

Just like they were in the era the movie took place in.
>>
>>67181876
HEY LITTLE APPLE BLOSSOM
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.