[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she flush ? Also John Goodman was based af 10 Cloverfield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8
File: 10-cloverfield-lane.png (776 KB, 1199x600) Image search: [Google]
10-cloverfield-lane.png
776 KB, 1199x600
Did she flush ?
Also John Goodman was based af
10 Cloverfield Lane General I guess...
>>
My friend sold me on this movie as "It's John Goodman being crazy as shit for two hours."

Then I watch it and it's like 100 minutes.
I was disappointed.
>>
SWEATY MEW FEET
>>
I'd flush her toes if you know what I'm saying.
>>
What was she trying to do at the dinner table that made Goodman so mad? Was she flirting with the guy to make Goodman jealous? Was she signaling something to him?
>>
>No flushing I still need to take a bath
Christ John.....
>>
>>67170736
She's trying to beat the world cuck record. She got saved and in 48 hours already checked her saver
>>
>>67169432
JOHN GOODMAN HAS NEVER GIVEN A BAD PERFORMANCE

NEED TO CAST A DELIBERATE INTENSE FATMAN? SAY NO MORE SENPAI
>>
>>67169432
bump
>>
>>67169432
Movie is a must for good man and mew lovers.
>>
>>67173222
this
>>
more mew
>>
He basically played his character from The Big Lebowski.
>>
>>67170736
She wasn't trying to do anything. She showed some affection toward Emmet, although it's unclear whether she actually had any romantic feelings for him.

Regardless, Howard got pissed off because his goal here was never to save anyone from the attack or from air contamination. His goal was to live alone with Michelle and have her basically be his happy daughter/wife.

Remember, Howard didn't bring Emmet into the bunker. Emmet came in there on his own because he saw the attack happen and he knew Howard. Howard didn't really want Emmet there. He wanted himself and Michelle(or whatever young woman he could find and bring into the bunker) to spend the rest of their lives together without any involvement from the outside world.
>>
File: good man.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
good man.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>67175742
the cancer is eating him up pretty quick :(
>>
File: 1457901707668.png (867 KB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
1457901707668.png
867 KB, 1280x534
>>67169432
C O W E Y E S
>>
>>67169432
I'm no waifufag, but MEW was really cute in that movie.
She was cute in The Thing as well.
>>
>>67170736

Goodman's character was a pedophile, or had some weird thing seeing women as women. He liked girls. When she was flirting at the table, Goodman couldint take it. She was showing her adult side.

That's why during the game he couldint say "women", just princess and shit like that
>>
>>67176273
>That's why during the game he couldint say "women", just princess and shit like that

How great was that scene. And you know he was embarrassed as fuck about it after by the way he blamed Emmett for giving bad clues.
>>
>>67176781

Yeah, great scene great fucking character.
>>
Anyone have pics of the aliens?
>>
>>67175955
Fuck you. I would literally slit your throat with a rusty spoon if you talked shit about MEW to me in person.
>>
>>67175955
those pretty eyes, them perfect teeths. My problem with the picture is why, has she been blacked?!
>>
>>67177692
There are no good pictures of the aliens. Even in the movie you never get a good look at them.

You see brief glimpses during a night scene and a few extreme close-ups while they're flailing around so you can't even really see what's happening.
>>
>>67177692
The aliens were awful

A dog maggot thing and a giant floating machine squid
>>
File: The_Imprisoned.png (2 MB, 1626x1811) Image search: [Google]
The_Imprisoned.png
2 MB, 1626x1811
>>67177692
>>67178425
>>67178428
The dog thing reminded me of the Imprisoned from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
>>
File: boxart.jpg (7 KB, 234x312) Image search: [Google]
boxart.jpg
7 KB, 234x312
>>
File: 1455378496972.jpg (53 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
1455378496972.jpg
53 KB, 678x678
>John Goodman gets to take a bath in her toilet water
>>
>>67178545
Why does everyone keep posting only episode 2 box art in these threads? I assumed it tied in to Half Life and Portal in general
>>
>>67175955
DELET THIS!
>>
>>67170736

she was distracting him so she could get his keys

christ did we watch the same movie?
>>
You know he had a boner when he took off her jeans and chained her to the bed
>>
I haven't seen the movie, but I heard that the final twist is that they were in MEW's butt all along.

Can someone confirm
>>
>>67180513
no, but the aliens are literally all anuses, and the "nuclear fallout" is just their fart gas which ignites like methane.
>>
>>67178428
What even happened to the dog did it get blown up with the mother ship?
>>
>>67180552
it's lazily never shown, but I guess it prolapsed it's way back on the ship
>>
The ending was not good
>>
>>67180639
>Early in the movie Emmet jokes about Goodmans crazy crackpot Alien Space worm theory

>turns out to be true

That's my only problem with the ending. They made a really dumb joke theory the big twist.
>>
>>67180399
What a waste of dubs, also he begins by saying "it's better than the first one, but thats not much saying" ... What an unbiased review this is gonna be..
>>
File: 1450400509805.jpg (331 KB, 1217x1772) Image search: [Google]
1450400509805.jpg
331 KB, 1217x1772
>>67169432
After John Goodman took down the curtain, did he have to watch her shower and pee?
>>
>>67180538
What, so it's basically the Pest then?
>>
>>67180779
he was truly living the dream
>>
>>67180819
id rather watch the pest than this again
>>
>>67180765
are you implying the first one is good, you fucking faggot?
>>
So John good man is an employee/client for the same company that was responsible for the awakening of the cloverfield monster in New York.
We know he works with satellites, which explains how he knew the aliens were coming.
He wasn't making a bunker for no reason, he had contacted aliens via satellite and knew to prepare, he could also be directly responsible for the satellite crashing and waking up the cloverfield monster in New York.

Either way satellites play a central theme in what's going on
>>
>>67180870
Same, at least the Pest is an entertaining flick for what it is
>>
>>67181053
>>67180870
I liked this movie and the original
And super 8

I'm a sucker for other worldly mysteries though
>>
>>67181099
super 8, while basically having the same generic monster, was far superior in it's direction, visuals. and especially acting. still remember that train derail being better than the entirety of cloververse.
when J J is actually making the movie, it tends to be a few steps above the other shit you mentioned.
>>
>>67180925
Never! , but to be honest famalam if you are gonna watch a sequel of a movie that you didn't like in first place.. You are bound to get your heart broken. I did enjoy the first one, that's why I watched 10 lane. I do think this one is way better, actually they could've made it a movie of their own instead of a prequel/sequel. But I'm ok with that, also MEW was pretty cute, and Goodman was really good.
>>
>>67180765
Cloverfield was pretty mediocre tho
>>
I like everything JJ has been associated with so far

they're like meticulous Spielberg knock-offs. 7/10 would watch again.
>>
>>67181512
it's not even a sequel, it's like an anthology movie extremely loosely tied based on a script that was just about dilemma in a bunker after nukes went off. goodman was good, but not enough, and mews cute but her character is a nigger
>>
>>67181390
Having watched both, I didn't notice any drop in quality in cloverfield or its spiritual successor

I can understand people's complaint with the shaky camera stuff.

Barely getting glimpses of the monster drove my curiosity wild and I was hooked all movie long.

You probably have legit reasons for not liking cloverfield but I don't think the acting deserved any scrutiny
>>
>>67181099
No you're a sucker for Rabbi Abrams jew shit
>>
>>67178428
>A dog maggot thing and a giant floating machine squid

Seriously disappointing.

Should have waited for video. I want my $12 back.
>>
>>67181653
acting is fine, just not spectacular, where super 8 definitely had a good goonies level thing going
>>
>>67181653
>Barely getting glimpses of the monster drove my curiosity wild and I was hooked all movie long.

This works when there is a great reveal and payoff.

But it fails badly when the payoff is shit and very predictable.

Most people going in already knew about the giant squid thing.

The dog thing was just lazy design.
>>
>>67181680
who are you? some kind of bill gates nephew? I paid 5 bucks to watch it
>>
>>67181727

Try living on either coast.

If you have a family, going to the movies (with snacks) is like a $75 outing.
>>
>>67181609
Goodman was fantastic. Mew should have been more developed
>>
>>67181806
but anon, didn't you hear her shoehorned sob story about wanting to save a little girl?
>>
>>67181672
Well if I found any movies that had a similar theme, I'm sure I'd like them
Though I admit I liked the new Star Wars movie

Against your point though I didn't like the Star Treks
>>67181713
Understandable

They all had a common theme of "hidden monster" and that's what keeps me addicted
>>
I would literally murder every person on Earth if it meant getting to breathe the same air as MEW for ten seconds.
>>
>>67181723
I disagree about the reveal ruining the experience.
The hype up until the reveal was enjoyable as hell, even if the reveal was a little wacky (in 10 Lane)

To be fair though I went in every single J J monster flick completely blind

The mystery means more to me than the reveal, but I prefer there to always be a monster or something fictional at the end other than just a cop out reveal. That's just me personally
For instance if the protagonist had reached the surface to find there were no aliens and everything was fine, I would've been disappointed
>>
>>67181940
I would murder every single baby infant on this planet with a screw driver if it meant I get to play in her toilet water for 5 seconds
>>
>>67181723
I wouldn't have minded the payoff being an alien invasion if the ending didn't have to be a fucking action scene where MEW blows up a spaceship with a molotov cocktail and then drives to Houston with a "let's kick some ass" look on her face.
>>
>>67179732
I don't understand how her pretending to flirt with Emmit would help her get the keys. I don't think she was expecting John Goodman to freak out like he did.
>>
>>67181977
but that was never gonna happen, which makes it not a twist. This movie is in IMAX, there's gonna be some visual effects nonsense goin down
>>
>>67182086
It's possible that she was. She did know that Howard didn't want them touching each other at all.
>>
>>67182070
to be fair you already got your three act story inside the bunker. the aliens were just a nice bonus. It's like a film with 3.5 Acts
>>
>>67182136
The whole movie was building up to getting out of the bunker. It was a good set-up for a terrible payoff.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE FEET SHOTS
>>
I don't think the ARG lines up with the film timeline http://funandprettythings.com/chat

unless Howard cyber stalked Megan while holding his Megan replacement captive, which is unlikely given that there was a possibility that she could have come back.
>>
Not enough fetish posting or John Goodman creep theories
>>
>>67182373
shaved goodman is rapist goodman
>>
I love this movie. There, I said it. 8/10 will buy on bluray
>>
>>67182111
But he yelled at Emmett for touching her shoulder just before that
>>
Why did they choose to make MacGyver a girl in this movie?
>>
was Macgyver as annoying and stupid as MEW?
>>
>>67181609
>Her character is a nigger
>Goodman was good but not good enough
You now realize you browse the same board as people who think these are valid criticisms.
>>
>>67175955
ahaha delete this
>>
>>67181883
>Shoehorned
Literally how?
>>
>>67169432
>based
John Goodman was shitting spaghetti everywhere, explosive diarrhea style, the entire film
>>
>>67169432
Crappy film, good acting by John Goodman, and the ending really ticked me off.

Jew Jew Abrams strikes again.
>>
>>67171432
Did you ever see The Babe? He's the romantic lead, it's weird.
>>
>>67169432
torrent????????????
>>
>>67188026
>I'm stating other people's opinions without refuting them, therefore I am right

get shrekt pleb, goodman's character was terribly written and MEW's was a shitbird who just made things worse for herself, while also suddenly being able to win 1v1 vs a giant alien ship that shits out human vaporizing gas
>>
>>67188323
>Get shrekt
Fuck off dumb memer, learn to actually have valid criticism.
>Terribly written
This is the point where you have to explain how he was terribly written, what was bad about it?
>MEW was a shitbird who made things worse for herself
How so? How is shit bird a criticism? We saw that the gas was flammable, we saw the bottle of scotch in Goodmans car truck from earlier, why doesn't it make sense?
>>
File: 2vzYBj90nQ.png (25 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
2vzYBj90nQ.png
25 KB, 250x150
>>67169432
This movie was amazing; it had a huge problem unfortunately at the end, but I can't think of a better way to end the movie, it sort of back itself into a corner.
>>
>>67170736
Tbh I think she was trying to show Emmett how fucking crazy Howard was.
>>
>>67176273
No, he wanted a daughter.
>>
>>67188323
>who just made things worse for herself
escaping is making things worse for herself? wew. you woudn't last a day in the scorch.
>>
>>67188394
here's your (You)
>>
>>67188501
she wouldn't have had to try to escape if she didn't fuck everything up beforehand. obviously after what goodman did to emmett and then with the bunker on fire she should've left
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.