[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Tonight Show’ Reruns Top New Kimmel, Colbert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 903+jf[1].jpg (51 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
903+jf[1].jpg
51 KB, 435x580
>In the 11:35 p.m. battle last week, “Tonight Show” rebroadcasts beat Kimmel’s four nights of originals in adults 18-49 by a 51% advantage (0.80 vs. 0.53) and Colbert’s first-runs by a 63% margin (0.80 vs. 0.49). Fallon also prevailed in total viewers (2.945 million), winning rather easily over “Late Show” on CBS (2.419 million) and “Kimmel” on ABC (2.376 million).
>Kimmel has now pulled ahead of Colbert in adults 18-49 for three straight weeks and five of the last six. And after consistently lagging the CBS newcomer in adults 18-49 in their early months, the ABC host has now also won this category three straight weeks (last week by 5%, 199,000 to 189,000).
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/late-night-ratings-nbc-fallon-meyers-dominate-even-in-repeats-1201732862/

Has Colbert killed himself yet?
>>
Conan obrian threadd
>>
File: LAteNightRAtings.jpg (184 KB, 1320x465) Image search: [Google]
LAteNightRAtings.jpg
184 KB, 1320x465
>>67168991
He's deader than dead.
>>
kimmel had cavill too
>>
>>67169038
bravo is basic cable
>>
>>67169069
>As of July 2015, approximately 90,891,000 American households (78.1% of households with television) receive Bravo.
>>
>>67169038
I remember in like 2002 Bravo used to play movies then it became this cesspool of Real Housewives and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
>>
>>67169076
IF 78.1% OF THE POPULATION WATCH BRAVO THERE ARE WAY MORE FAGGOTS IN THIS COUNTRY THAN I WAS LEAD TO BELIEVE

ONE OF THE ONLY GOOD ROBOT CHICKEN SKITS, ON POINT
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/robot-chicken/ass-pirates-of-the-caribbean/
>>
how has this fucker not been sent to rehab yet?
>>
>>67169125
78.1% get it, but they definitely don't watch it.
>>
I don't watch late night since I live outside of the US, but honestly, from what I've seen on Youtube, it makes sense.

Fallon's show is leagues better than the competition. Everyone on the show, especially the host, is having fun. The guy is just a people's person.

Meanwhile, Kimmel has some good skits but they just don't compare. Colbert is easily the worst of the three. I genuinely don't see what people see in him other than his old show used to be good.
>>
>>67169182
>I genuinely don't see what people see in him other than his old show used to be good.

That's all he has.

And even then, the style of humor that skyrocketed his popularity doesn't 100% work anymore in today's political climate.
>>
File: dsc_0812[1].jpg (767 KB, 1200x760) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0812[1].jpg
767 KB, 1200x760
>>67169152
There's literally nothing wrong with having fun.
>>
You niggas hate on Fallon but he's a legitimate talent. A great impressionist and writer, and knows what audiences like.

Colbert is smart but the format of the show doesn't really suit highbrow shit -- some of Fallon's most successful bits are him and Baldwin spitting on each other. He either needed to radically change the way the show is done or put a large political emphasis on it (which he has kinda opted for).
>>
>>67169265
But all he does is play games with celebrities and his interview is him overracting and slapping his hand on the desk pretending they're funny.
>>
>>67169281
FALLON RUNS THE MOST BASIC VAPID LATE NIGHT SHOW WITHOUT A DOUBT

(PROBABLY WHY ITS THE MOST POPULAR)
>>
>>67168999
LOL @ Conan

Shouldn't have been such a bitch about not filling Leno's shoes at NBC. He never deserved either of those jobs.
>>
>>67169281
That's because, ultimately, the American interview is dead. Nothing like Parkinson could ever exist within the late night format because celebrities only agree to these shows in exchange for promotion, 1-2 thirds of every interview is predicated by something like: "Now, tell me about this, let's talk about this, your NEW MOVIE, IN THEATRES RIGHT NOW -- *audience applause* -- Yes, yes, now walk me through that anecdote we rehearsed earlier and then we'll finish up playing giant dick tack toe." Nobody is interested in discourse, and crafting your personality as a celebrity is SO much easier today that you don't need to rely on interviews as an insight into 'what they're -really- like'.
>>
>>67169327
this tbhonest. NBC pulled the plug because of shit ratings, get over it conanfags
>>
>>67169304
Fallon is a genius. Everybody bitches about how he's not funny, but he knows he isn't. He spent his first year on the show trying to imitate Conan, couldn't deliver a joke to save his life, and quickly switched to doing musical numbers and interacting with his audience because he was good at impressions and very personable. Then he started interacting with his guests and eventually it became a variety show. A late night talk show does not need to be funny or insightful in the internet age because you can get things that are much funnier and more enlightening than a cheaply-produced talk show could ever be through a quick Google search. But the stupid games and dance-offs Fallon does with his guests can't be found anywhere else, and the celebs only agree to do those things with him because he's incredibly polite and completely non-threatening.
>>
>>67169281
He and his guests have fun on his show and that translates to a fun show.

Seems like the only reason people have for hating the show is that it's popular.
>>
>>67169487
THEY DO IT WITH HIM BECAUSE HE'S THE #1 RATED LATE NIGHT AND NBC'S COMPANYMAN
>>
>>67169394
Conan got cancelled because NBC got tricked by Leno's agent into giving him a 10PM show, which failed so badly it almost destroyed the network, and then found out afterwords that they were basically contractually bound to air his show and pay him tens of millions of dollars. Conan did about as well as they had been expecting; his overall ratings were lower but his 18-49 ratings were much, much higher. Even now, his TBS show still has a median age ten years lower than Fallon.

Note that they told Leno he was out again just three years later, which was as soon as they legally could.
>>
How the hell is an unfunny twerp like Fallon so popular.

Actually probably the same reason why capeshit is popular.
>>
>How to interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB-vP5aMKFI
>>
>>67169487

I agree what he's doing is smart as fuck from a ratings point of view but I still think most of it is terrible, aside from the impressions and even then the guest is better than him. He is god awful at interviews and his fake laugh is getting more and more out of hand.
>>
Is Fergusons new show any good? Can't stand Fallon
>>
>>67170122
That made me tired.

Is she on Cocaine?
>>
>>67169327
Conan fucking sucked. He had like a handful of skits he just kept repeating. MASTURBATING BEAR PREPARATION H RAYMOND VOMITING KERMIT.
>>
>>67170271

No. It's boring.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.