[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All this movie "exposes" is that most Americans aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: borat.jpg (72 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
borat.jpg
72 KB, 487x720
All this movie "exposes" is that most Americans aren't a bunch of preachy, impolite SJWs toward an adolescent-minded Brit who thinks he's pulling a fast one on everybody.

In short, it's Jokes on them, I was just pretending: The Movie
>>
as a Brit, I thought Americans came off really well in the movie. They were very polite and welcoming to borat because he was so enthusiastic about their culture.
>>
>>67162157

Norwegian here, I agree. He really pushed it with those people.
>>
who the fuck is watching this film expecting it to expose something. it's just dumb racial humor, and really funny at that.

there are actually a few moments on ali g show where he encounters legit racists while in character as borat, if you wanna see some exposure
>>
>>67163125
Sacha Baron Cohen did some interview with rolling stone after the movie came out, about how he was exposing america's xenophobic, racist, anti-semetic underbelly with this movie. He went on to say at best they were indifferent to these issues and would stand idly by if another holocaust were on the horizon (which is horseshit, and to address the anti-semite part of it europe has had far more synagogue burnings in the past few decades than us).

And of course, a bunch of special-snowflake teenagers/teenage-minded people who wanted to stick it to daddy (america) said it was a brilliant and grimly accurate portrayal of their country.
>>
>>67163755
yeah that sounds like a bunch of horseshit but I still appreciate the film for being funny aside from it
>>
>>67163907
fair enough
>>
>>67163755
>special snowflake
Do this even mean anything anymore? Nothing you said fits the original definition
>>
>>67163755

I was thinking that muh 6 gojilion was just a meme. What a whiny faggot.
>>
>>67164557
I have met teenagers who identify with Borat's "message" who have said repeatedly in various conversations that most americans are "stupid, racist sheep" and patted themselves on the back for "not going with the crowd".

That sounds pretty special snowflakey to me.
>>
>>67161639
THROW THE JEW DOWN THE WELL
>>
>>67164615
You should stop hanging around with teenagers and realize you were just as big a piece of shit when you were one
>>
>>67164615
Holy shit, who the fuck cares

Sometimes I forget how cringe-inducing the contrarian virgin autists on this website can be
>>
File: 1432061328447.png (36 KB, 246x209) Image search: [Google]
1432061328447.png
36 KB, 246x209
>>67163755
I feel like he was taking the piss. I mean, this is Sacha Baron Cohen we are talking about.
>>
>>67164764
I don't hang out with teenagers actively, and yes, I know I was the same way when I was their age
>>67164769
How am I being a contrarian? Some guy said the way I used special snowflake did not fit the original definition, and I tried to explain why I felt it did.

The real contrarians are the teenage virgins who regard Borat as great social satire on "bwi ebil amerikkka"
>>
>>67164778
No, cause the other writers and director, who are don't do the "ebin troll" act irl, have expressed similar sentiments. You are right, it's possible Sacha BAron Cohen didn't mean it (though I doubt it), but the other guys who had a hand in the movie did, so my overall point still stands.
>>
>>67164935
>How am I being a contrarian
You weren't; he just didn't have a good argument, so he resorted to unfitting namecalling.
>>
a
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.