[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey, why don't they just freeze him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Alien freeze him.jpg (68 KB, 795x504) Image search: [Google]
Alien freeze him.jpg
68 KB, 795x504
>Hey, why don't they just freeze him?
>>
>literally pointing out a plot hole in a film

I love it when characters do this
>>
Did they ever discussed the bonus situation? I always speedrun through movies made before 2000 so I don't remember
>>
>>67152105

It's not a plot hole
>>
If I was on one of these ships, I'd try to convince my crewmates to piss in front of me, to make sure none of them are robots.
>>
>>67153065
If they don't investigate the alien signal, they forfeit their pay. It's in their contract. The whole thing was a setup, they needed some patsies to investigate the derelict.
>>
>>67152086
God damnit, infuriating. This movie set up "What the fuck" tension like no other.
>>
>>67153846
Huh. That gave me a boner.
>>
I love how the androids always fuck up the protagonist and antagonist's goals. Ash and David both compromised everyone by their own curiosity.
>>
James Cameron totally took a shit on this universe and didn't even wipe. I love Aliens, but fuck, he ruined the creepy curiosity and suspense of the original creature.
>>
Why didn't they freeze him? I haven't seen the movie for a few years.
>>
>>67154048
He also turned took the alien from being a slender, bipedal, ultimate rapist to nothing more imposing than rabid dogs.
>>
>>67154098
Ash said not to.
>>
>>67154142
I mean, did he not get it? Or did he just not give a fuck. He did "mysterious, spooky atmosphere with unexplainable beings" really will in The Abyss. How'd he fuck it up?
>>
>>67152105
When did the internet get together and decide that a character or characters doing what an individual viewer wouldn't choose to do was a plot hole?
>>
>>67154098
The computer told the captain to let Ash do whatever he wanted regarding the Alien, and Ash was totally nuts.
>>
>>67152086
>Right.
>>
>>67154174
Maybe he thought, that this was already perfecly done by the first movie and wanted to show the danger of the xeno. I dont know. I like both movies, but for completely different reasons
>>
Alien 1 worshippers who hate on Aliens with a passion sound a HELL of a lot like Golic.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.