[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who will play him in the inevitable biopic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: walaace-fard.jpg (43 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
walaace-fard.jpg
43 KB, 800x512
So who will play him in the inevitable biopic?
>>
>>67148910
Ben Affleck of course.
>>
>>67149017
Ben is too big of a guy imo. they should cast a small guy for him.
>>
>>67149161
Aiden Gillen then.

>Dr. Detroit, I'm Islam.
>>
literally who?
>>
Mahershalalhashbaz Ali
>>
File: 1372965257843.jpg (139 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
1372965257843.jpg
139 KB, 411x600
>>67149161
>>
Was he white?
>>
>>67149249
the lad who invented the nation of islam
>>
He looks pretty white if I'm being honest with you.
>>
File: Louis.jpg (29 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
Louis.jpg
29 KB, 307x307
>>67148910
He was born to play him.
>>
Its hard to make Scientology look like its sane but somehow the nation of Islam finds a way to do it
>>
>>67148910
He's pretty good looking.
>>
A movie about the creation of the NOI from Fard to Elijah to Malcolm would be interesting, but the problem is that Wallace Fard Muhammad is a very shadowy figure that nobody really knows anything about. He shows up in Detroit as an "Arab peddler", becomes the teacher of Elijah Muhammad and then disappears. Almost everything we know about him is filtered through Elijah Muhammad and his generation, who obviously play up his significance as a person since they believe he's Jesus, God and the Muslim Mahdi all in one.
>>
>>67149315
He didn't invent the nation of Islam, a conman did. He's just the main priest of it now or whatever the fuck you would call him
>>
>>67149311
He was probably more Aryan than any German cuck
>>
>>67149394
Never mind I'm a fucking idiot. Disregard this post
>>
>>67149390
Don't forget that he was white.
>>
>>67149373
Those eyes make him look weak, he literally looks like a cuck.
>>
>>67149489
He looks like he probably has a lot of great investments to me.
>>
>>67149390
So it would be the black version of The Master.
>>
>>67149453

He was probably "white" in a very loose sense. That is he probably was what you might call a white Arab but nonetheless did not fit the American definition of white at the time.

It'd be nearly impossible to construct a biopic of him that ultimately was unbiased. Either his portrayal would be as a conman duping a bunch of innocent black folk and then leaving back for whatever country he came from when he's decided he's had enough of them, so it would have to follow the Nation of Islam hagiographical depiction of him.

In my opinion, it'd be easier to make a movie following a young Elijah Muhammad's encounter with him, showing Wallace Fard's words and deeds only from Elijah Muhammad's point of view, which would leave the audience free to decide what they think of Fard's character based on what they see of him through Elijah's eyes. This way you'd avoid rattling NOI kids' cage too much, but also make a profound statement. Did Elijah really understand what Fard was saying or doing? Was Fard a conman? Did Fard actually believe the things he taught Elijah and the others? Were Elijah and the others so taken in by Fard's charisma that they ignored the obvious? Does any of it really matter?

Would make a cool movie imho
>>
>>67149530
Except NOI literally teaches "whitey is the devil"
>>
File: 4photos+fard+jp.jpg (168 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
4photos+fard+jp.jpg
168 KB, 1600x1067
this guy is such a fucking mystery wrapped in a puzzle. even the FBI has no idea what happened to him.
>>
>>67149608
Honestly your idea sounds like what someone else already said, a black version of the master.

It would be an intriguing watch though, and the NOI would put it down no matter what if there was any hint of Wallace or Elijah being bad people.
>>
>>67149608
I'm pretty sure he was from Turkey or Afghanistan.
>>
File: herald_examiner_3.jpg (34 KB, 220x259) Image search: [Google]
herald_examiner_3.jpg
34 KB, 220x259
>>67149530
only his followers were black.
>>
What was his goal? I don't get it.
>>
>>67149710
>I'm pretty sure

No you're not. No one knows where he came from, when he was born, where he went to after or what he even died from or at. He's a conman that duped a bunch of negroes into hating whitey during a very turbulent time in racial relations. A real life troll, if you will
>>
>>67149781
Well based on the fact that he thought whites were demons, he certainly wasn't from Europe, he also certainly wasn't from Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and he didn't come from South America. What's left is North Africa and the Middle East.

>A World War I draft registration card for Wallie Dodd Fard, from 1917, indicated he was living in Los Angeles, unmarried, as a restaurant owner, and reported that he was born in Shinka, Afghanistan, on February 26, 1893.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Fard_Muhammad#Chroniclers.27_history_of_Fard_from_FBI_file

>On August 15, 1959, the FBI sent a story to the Chicago New Crusader newspaper, stating that Fard was a "Turkish-born Nazi agent who worked for Hitler in World War II." According to the story from the FBI, Fard was a "Muslim from Turkey who had come to the United States in the early 1900s. He had met Muhammad in prison … where the two men plotted a confidence game in which followers were charged a fee to become Muslims."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Fard_Muhammad#Efforts_to_trace_Fard.E2.80.99s_biography

I believe he was just a cultured conman. The only thing that is mysterious is the reason why he left the US.
>>
>>67149700
>It would be an intriguing watch though, and the NOI would put it down no matter what if there was any hint of Wallace or Elijah being bad people.

Probably. It's just while I think the NOI"s teachings are pretty much bullshit, I don't really think the majority of the NOI are bad people and I wouldn't want to intentionally offend them if I was making a movie about their founders, so I would try to make something ambiguous which could appeal to people who don't believe in the NOI's teachings and those that do which deals more with the kinds of problems that would plague any new religious movement around a charismatic religious figure, be that charismatic figure a good or bad person in reality, things like doubt, uncertainty and differences of opinion among the followers of that person.

I'm surprised nobody has done that with Jesus Christ really considering that the Bible makes it obvious that even some of Jesus' own followers who had heard him speak were arguing among themselves about who he actually was and Jesus was not always able to correct one or the other and even is portrayed as telling some of his followers not to reveal who he truly is even though the people are arguing about it.
>>
>>67149931
>why he left the US
Do you have evidence of that? I thought that Elijah Muhammad had Fard killed.
>>
>>67149979
>Elijah Muhammad had Fard killed
Impossible.
>>
>>67149931

I think he probably left the US for the reasons many other immigrants do once they've amassed enough money. He probably went back to Afghanistan or Turkey or wherever he was from with the money he got from his businesses and his religious movement and built a comfortable life for himself under a new name and forgot all about the NOI and probably died without ever hearing what became of it.
>>
>>67150171
Pretty much.
>>
>>67148910
He looks like Nick Kroll
>>
>>67150113
How is it impossible?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.