[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how much of this is true? Where are its major flaws? That911
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
File: zeitgeist-the-movie.jpg (118 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
zeitgeist-the-movie.jpg
118 KB, 500x318
So, how much of this is true? Where are its major flaws?

That911 is a myth is widely accepted, be it a case of knowingly let it happen or self destruction, it wasn't a random unexpected act of terror.
>>
Sure is 2007 up in this bish
>>
I remember our history teacher making us watch this in his classes.

Everyone was flabbergasted at how enthusiastic he was over this tripe.
>>
>>67147060
Why? It isn't really history.
>>
I didn't even get the the 9/11 part. I go so angry at all the shit it was making up to discredit religion. I mean I am an atheist but I'm not going to pretend these outright lies all over the place are true just because I happen to agree with the conclusion.
>>
Most of how money is made. Other than that, I didn't listen much.
>>
>>67147254
Then again, I may be mistaken this with something else. I seem to have forgotten. Well, shit.
>>
>>67147213
Edit: Didn't get past the religion part
>>
>>67146881

>So, how much of this is true?
None.

>Where are its major flaws?
Everywhere.

http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/
>>
>>67147317
>Illuminati agent detected
>>
>>67147213
I had the opposite desu.

The whole three kings following the birth of the sun/son etc. and certain aspects of the judochristian religion being rooted in Egyptian religion (which itself is heavily rooted is astronomy) is widely accepted. They then just ignore everything else scripture has to offer and jump to the conclusion that everything is fake.

Also atheist btw.
>>
>>67147369
>judochristian

JESUS CHOP
>>
Nothing but a pipe dream.

The author doesn't present any way on how to make the transition.

It's one thing to paint you a nice picture of how everything could be mellow and beautiful. Well, how do get there? That's actually the important part.
>>
>>67146881
>wake up, fool. Everything the told you is a lie becuase reasons. Now believe this...
>>
>>67147317
I disagree with a lot of what is said in Zeitgeist, but the TL;DR you link to is just tryhard bullshit m8.

Makes points about constelations not always having been 12, but in some cultures containing 18 or 20 signs, then goes to agree with the movie that egyptian and judochristian cultures did indeed have 12.

He more often than not agrees with the general outlines of the movie, and tries to discredit it through the most obscure details and grasping at straws.

Who the fuck cares that the incas had a different amount of signs for their zodiac. The movie doesn't touch on incas. It is like he is trying to say that because other cultures had different amount of signs, using the 12 sign zodiac in an argument is wrong and silly
>>
>>67147369
The whole thing about Jesus and his 12 disciples being astronomically based is wrong and all the other analogues they come up with with other gods is also wrong. It's so wrong in fact that if you knew even a little bit about them you would know it to be wrong which lead me to assume it was an intentional lie. Whatever roots Judaism has with Egyptian paganism is small compared to it's ties to older Semitic pagan religions, which was prevalent in the place that Judaism grew out of.
>>
>>67147409
Not exactly a pipe dream when it is suspposedly the truth though.
>>
>That911 is a myth is widely accepted
"""""No.""""

Apart from a few superficial similarities between the religions this is all bollocks. I had a stoner mate who would always insist on having a joint watching this whenever we got in from a night out at uni. I only finished it once, and it was pure shite
>>
>>67147611
>Semitic pagan
No such thing, the terms are in fact mutually exclusive.
Not saying I agree of disagree with the movie, but you clearly have no idea what you are talking about despite acting so.
>>
>>67147317
this has to be one of the worst websites I've ever read
awful writing
if he has good points they are destroyed by the way it's compiled
>>
>>67147566
>then goes to agree with the movie that egyptian and judochristian cultures did indeed have 12.
The Babylonian number system was base 12 grouped into 60s. Since they informed civilization in the near east it stuck.
>>
>>67147693
>he believes in the oh so convenient "it was the evuhl mudslimes" myth
This is who you share a board with
>>
>>67147060
>America
That might be the coolest history teacher ever or it might be one without an education

regardless

The movie isn't made as a statement of the absolute truth. Rather just a remainder that the standard world view we receive as people isn't the correct one in any way
>>
Probably the most redpilled movie of the 21st century
>>
I can't vouche for most of it, but I do know jet fuels and they can't melt steel beams. Also have family who build skyscrapers in NYC and they unanimously agree it was multiple detonations.
>>
>>67147717
You know all the judeochristian demons and devils are analogues to the pantheons of their neighbors.
>>
>>67147744
Yes? So what? Point remains that the Egyptian, Semitic and Christian cultures all had a 2 sign zodiac. The movie focused mainly on those 3. The information that some other culture with different believes adhered to a different sign count is hardly relevant, yet the guy from that website makes it look like the "contradiction" is a cardinal sin. His writing is as retarded as the movie, fighting fire with fire is what he is doing.
>>
>>67147772
>Also have family who build skyscrapers in NYC and they unanimously agree it was multiple detonations.

I have some family that lives on the moon and they told me the moon landings were fishy too.
>>
>>67147717
I meant linguistically Semitic. I have no idea why I though using the word pagan was a good idea.
>>
>>67146881
this movie made me stop being Illuminati and embrace sciencetology
>>
MOst of it is utter nonesense.

But i think we can all agree that a few shady things happen that day that arent revealed to the public.
>>
>>67147857
The problem is that it gets all these gods and tries to turn them into Jesus narratives but if you knew anything about those gods you would know that almost none of the shit they say trying to make them look similar is true.
>>
>>67147807
and you do know there is no such thing as a pagan Semite?

By definition Abrahamic religions can't be Pagan. The word literally refers to non Abrahamic religions. So Islam, Christianity and Judaism can, by definition, not be pagan.

Pagan or not has absolutely nothing to do with the historical roots of the religion.
>>
>>67147904
Now with that I can agree.
>>
>>67147857
I'm just explaining why the number 12 reoccurs in the area without resorting to tinfoil or mysticism.
>>
>>67146881
I choked on my blue pill watching this film
>>
>>67147317
Superior skepsite coming through.
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4196
>>
>>67147994
You do know that the classification of a "semite" is a linguistic one, right? The neighbors in the region were not members of abrahamic religions but did speak semitic languages.
>>
>>67147994
Even though in the other post I said I used the word pagan for some retarded reason what the actual fuck are you talking about? We are talking about where Judaism came from. You are literally saying that Jews can't be pagans before Judaism existed because of Judaism.
>>
>>671478137
>>
>>67147213

Yeah, I dropped it after the religion part too and never watched any Zeitgeist thing after. Almost everything they present is not simply wrong, but downright fabrication
>>
>>67148073
Hardly relevant, since the movies main focus is on how earth's equinox passes through the constellations. It is more about how various religions linked earth's axial precession to the zodiac signs. Why or how Christianity happened upon a 12 sign zodiac is really quite secondary to all of that.
>>
>>67146881
literally no 30 second segment of this film is without a gross misrepresentation or outright lie. i sat down once to explain it to someone and realized i was going to have to give them a college education so i stopped.
>>
>>67148141
Yes, but that is not what you were initially saying, you were initially talking about pagan semitism. There is no such thing.
>>
>>67148194
The word Pagan didn't even exist with its current definition before the 3rd century. Nobody would have ever referred to pre judaism Semites as "pagans", as the the two never co-existed.

So yes, I guess I am saying Jews can't be pagans before Judaism existed, because pagans didn't exist before that point either.
>>
>>67148302
>college education
>I stopped
Sounds like the average American college experience if you ask me.
>>
>>67148444
what do you mean? US college system is dying a well deserved death, but whatever's replacing it (nothing?) doesn't include knowledge of.... well, reading books? things you have to do to know about ancient history?
>>
>>67147369
>birth of the sun/son

I thought it was pretty interesting up until they made this claim. Like, it is true that there has been similar stories to the birth and life of Jesus in Pagan religions, but NOT because "sun" and "son" happen to sound the same in Modern English. In English they have different etymologies and in other languages, they aren't even the same.

Other than that, only the 9/11 stuff really bothered me. I love conspiracies and alternate thought, but I can only stand so much bullshit.
>>
>>67146881
DUDE MADAM BLAVATSKY THEOLOGY LMAO
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.