[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Racism in Agent Carter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: JasonWilkes.jpg (66 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
JasonWilkes.jpg
66 KB, 684x513
Can we talk about this /tv/? I just finished watching season 2 and it seemed like they were laughing at us behind our backs the whole time. Spoilers ahead, obviously.

So I was psyched about having a black love interest for Carter, and he's a scientist too. A black scientist in the 1940s! Fuck yeah!

So we meet Wilkes for the first time, and what is he doing? He's making purple drank. Most people don't even understand the racist implications of this, but a racist in-joke is that black people make something called "purple drank" as some kind of ghetto liquor. They claim that Trayvon's tea and skittles were ingredients for purple drank.

So that was warning sign number one.

And then of course he winds up pulling a gun on Carter, reinforcing the "white women who date black men become the victims of violence" meme. They then go out of their way to tell us that, no, he wasn't under the mind control of the zero-matter in his system, he did all of that under his own free will.

And the season ends with Carter making out with the white guy, now fully cured of whatever temporary madness gave her the jungle fever in the first place.

So here's our progress /tv/. A token relationship so ABC can point as say "look how progressive we are" while filling it with racist memes as a way of... what, signaling to racists watching that its all a scam and not to worry because she's going to end up with a white guy after all?

The whole thing just leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.
>>
>>67143639
tl;dr
>>
Nigger, she will marry a white guy Captain America saved in the war, by 1953.
>>
>>67143639

>I'm offended!

Call the carepolice and hug your Teddy the carebear, while people still care. In a decade there will come a morning when you yell "das raycis!" and all you hear is silence and people eyeballing you. That, my friend, will be the day western civilization was saved. Or it's been turned into a caliphate. Either way, your days are numbered.
>>
>>67143639
>So we meet Wilkes for the first time, and what is he doing? He's making purple drank.
I didn't even notice that, ahahaha, fucking awesome. ABC is some of the best trolls in the business.
>>
>>67143639
And it's constantly insinuated that he's just a diversity hire. He's literally wasting his time and company resources making alcohol when he's supposed to be doing quantum physics. The only science he does the whole season is when he invents a machine that saves his own ass. They had to bring in another scientist (white of course) to make the gamma-cannon that actually stops the evil plot. Wilkes does fucking nothing.
>>
I bet you'd love all black men to leave a sour taste in your mouth ha ha ha
>>
>>67143639
This reads like a gawker article. that's not a good thing
>>
Are you the guys who's upset the new Spiderman isn't Miles Morales and made several threads about it?
>>
File: 1450723782097.jpg (531 KB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
1450723782097.jpg
531 KB, 1000x1504
Hey, how's it going?
>>
>>67143639

>all entertainment must be propaganda
>to do otherwise is not Progressive. it is a betrayal of the Progressive cause
>all entertainment must advance the agendas of special-interest groups without regard for plot or character
>>
File: hayley-atwell-nyc.jpg (717 KB, 2018x3000) Image search: [Google]
hayley-atwell-nyc.jpg
717 KB, 2018x3000
Do you think I'm gorgeous?
>>
Do black people not make purple drank?
>>
>>67144772
I don't care that it ISN'T propaganda, I'm annoyed that it PRETENDED to be progressive (they talked up the interracial relationship to hype the season) and then filled it with racist memes. Maybe there was just one racist writer on the show that included purple drank to be funny and nobody else understood what he was up to, but the whole bit with him turning a gun on Carter can't really hide behind that particular skirt.
>>
>>67144800
No you look like a mulatto
>>
>>67145107
A sexy Mulatto?
>>
>>67143639
>So I was psyched about having a black love interest for Carter,

Why?
>>
File: fevtbdvdxcd.jpg (591 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fevtbdvdxcd.jpg
591 KB, 1920x1200
Why is she so damn fine?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.