[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he risk his life for a dog?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: 3433382-8.jpg (16 KB, 586x268) Image search: [Google]
3433382-8.jpg
16 KB, 586x268
Why did he risk his life for a dog?
>>
>>67140030
>The movie

-------------

>Your head
>>
>>67140030
He saved a lesser being out of love. The dog represents humanity.
>>
>>67140030
you've clearly never owned a pet
and if you have and still dont understand, well damn, your one heartless bastard
>>
>>67140103
woah, thats deep. that actually makes me see this film in a whole new light

>its like pottery
>>
>>67140030
The world wasn't ready to live without that dog.
>>
>>67140103
>LE MIND BLOWN
kill yourself
>>
>>67140103

It is actually pretty much this. This is the guy that raised Superman to be Superman.
>>
Does superman take super shits?

Is porcelain strong enough for his machine gun shits?
>>
>>67140103
I don't think Snyder intended that consciously but that's a really good analysis
>>
>>67140110

Dogs are vermin m8 who the fuck really cares about them
>>
>>67140219
>look at me, im so edgy
>>
Why does he care more about a dog than a bus full of children?

Is he a redditor? Because only they value animal life more than human life, and they are all /childfree/ cucks.
>>
>>67140030
My wife's boyfriend risked his life for a dog but survived
>>
>>67140219
Hello Muhammad al-Rashid
>>
>>67140110
I've owned a pet. I wouldn't throw my life away and force my son to be raised without a dad because of one.

What a shitty father.
>>
>>67140252
what are you basing that statement on?
when does john kent decide not to save a bus full of children?
>>
>>67140271
he probably wasnt planning on that truck landing on his car
>>
>>67140191
No, this is the guy who told him he should let children drown, and that if saving people ever posed a risk to his life (.i.e. the tornado) then he should let them die.

Superman is only Superman because he ignores everything his father taught him. In the comics, Jonathan Kent would never do any of this shit. He raised Clark to be a good, kind boy who always helps people.
>>
>>67140252

Funny coincidence how it's always a /pol/ tard misunderstanding the simplest shit and spouting the least intelligent opinions. Every time.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>67140283
>dog is about to die
>rush to action

>children nearly drown
>berate son for saving them

Realistically, Superman wouldn't grow up to be a hero, he would be an asshole.
>>
>>67140296

> that if saving people ever posed a risk to his life (.i.e. the tornado) then he should let them die.

Literally one of the least intelligent, least observant things I've ever seen said on the internet.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>67140309
I've legitimately never posted on /pol/ or voting outside of the Democratic party. Take that for what you will.

>>67140294
Funny things happen when you run into a tornado like an idiot.
>>
He was a cuck
>>
>>67140296
wow you really missed the point of everything jonathan said.
it wasnt about clark risking his life, it was about risking people finding out he was an alien, which would have had huge repercussions not just for clark and his family but for the human race, which later comes true in the film itself when the population learn about him
>>
>>67140317
see>>67140349
>>
Someone suggested that he was tired of his bland married life with Ma Kent and that perhaps he intentionally threw away his life because he was in a torrid affair with the dog. The movie isn't explicit about this, but the subtext is there. Watch again.

>>67140327
>ur dum!
>ur from another board!

Man of Steel fans everyone.
>>
>>67140349
>>67140366
I didn't miss anything. You're implying that he didn't care about the wellbeing of his son. That's stupid. He was obviously afraid of what would happen if he revealed his powers and someone on the bus recognized him as something other than human. There's no telling what the government would have done to him.
>>
>>67140404

He's invincible, you idiot.
>>
>>67140404
i never implied that, of course he cares about his sons wellbeing, hes just not worried about him dying cos he knows hes indestructible you nitwit
>>
>>67140435
>>67140445
lol hivemind
>>
>>67140030
HALT MY OTHERWORLDLY SON!
>>
>>67140435
True, and that's why letting Clark go is retarded.

He obviously believes that he, and normal human, could go and make it back before the tornado hit; so why would he refuse his superpowered alien offspring? Because the plot needed him to die to inject some sort of drama into the story?
>>
He sacrificed himself to save a lesser species. Exactly what Superman whole existence is you retarded cucks.
>>
>>67140445
>i never implied that, of course he cares about his sons wellbeing, hes just not worried about him dying cos he knows hes indestructible you nitwit

Which is why the scene is so stupid. He told his invincible son to stop! What a bad script.
>>
File: man-of-steel.jpg (223 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
man-of-steel.jpg
223 KB, 1096x800
>>67140349
>>67140404
But .. Superman eventually reveals himself to be an alien anyway? And the backlash happens? So what the fuck was the point of this scene
>>
>>67140533
>>67140544
HE
DIDNT
WANT
PEOPLE
TO
KNOW
CLARK
IS
AN
ALIEN

its pretty basic bro
>>
>>67140534
Superman doesn't needlessly endanger himself to save animals, and if someone else could effortlessly defeat Zod, he would have let them.

The two situations are not analogous. In one, Jonathan flings his life away when someone else could have easily done it with no problem. In the other, Superman has to save people because literally no one else can.

>>67140552
The point of the scene was to interject Bruce Wayne-like trauma into Superman's backstory because Goyer hates comics and Snyder is to strung out on HGH to stop him.
>>
>>67140552
yeah, but he only reveals himself when Zod arrives, and by then humanity already knows about the aliens, and the kryptonians blew his cover by saying "give us kal el"
>>
>>67140575
Which is retarded. Clark didn't need to reveal he was an alien. He clearly thought a regular human could go to the car and make it back without looking superhuman. And even if Clark did reveal his powers, who would have seen? Everyone was already busy trying to save themselves and looking at a giant fucking tornado. You're telling me people would drop everything their doing just to stare at this one kid walking towards a car?

That's stupid, and why the scene doesn't work. If Snyder wanted to make it seem as though Clark HAD to use his powers in order to save the dog, then the distance between the car and the bridge should have been much longer, and a news crew should have been shown filming the entire time. The scene was just poorly shot and does not illustrate the message Snyder was trying to get across.
>>
>>67140192
Anon asking the real questions
>that jizz scene from Hancock
>>
>>67140645
dude, at the end of the day, its a movie, and doesnt matter

but the point still remains that this scene exists to show how seriously john takes hiding clarks abilities.
he even discusses it with lois lane later in the film
>>
>>67140575
Please see >>67140552
>>
>>67140603
The general population didn't know Clark was Kal El. He should have just kept his cover like his dad wanted, by the movie's logic.
>>
PAUSE PRODIGIOUS PROGENY
back the fuck off!??!! UNBEATABLE BOY
FREEZE FANTASTIC FELLOW
HALT HEROIC CHILD
>>
>>67140756
its wasnt about protecting clark from the world, it was about protecting the world from knowing about clark, coz the world wasnt ready
>>
He's finally realized that he's a cuck and he'd rather die to save a dog than to continue living with his invincible wife's son.
>>
As someone who loves my dog I would 100% go back for my pet. It is not like Pa Kent knew he was going to die. All he had to do was open the door and let the dog out but then unexpected shit happened and his foot got caught and all that crap. Hindsight is 20/20 but in the moment you would think 'oh it wont be that bad getting the dog out, Ill be right there'.

How hard is it to comprehend this?
>>
>>67140999
except he was on the wrong side of 50 while having a young healthy, nevermind SUPER POWERED, son who would have jumped at the opportunity to save his dog had pa kent not been such a prideful old fool
>>
>>67141053
doesn't every dad in every movie always go back to do something and ensures their kids run to safety?
>>
>>67141089
How old was Supes suppose to be in that scene anyway

he looks at least like 25. He was a full grown man
>>
>>67140943
Yeah but was the world ready later in the movie?
>>
>>67141170
Zod had already revealed it. There was nothing keeping Clark back.
>>
>>67140337
>never not voted democrat
>take me seriously!!!!
>>
>>67141170

Not quite, actually.

But if it had been.... that's how that works. You're not ready for something, but then time passes, and things change, and then you are ready.
>>
>>67140694
>lol why are you taking ti so seriously nerd XD
>>
>>67140103
Snyder is the new Tarkovsky.
>>
>>67140645
>does not illustrate the message Snyder was trying to get across.

Then how did so many people get it?
>>
>>67140030
because the dog would turn into man eventually "you're the man now, dog"
>>
>>67141391
>that's how that works. You're not ready for something, but then time passes, and things change, and then you are ready.
Well, before Zod turned up, the world wasn't ready. So Clark could have just revealed himself then and the world would have adjusted and got used to him before Zod even showed up.
>>
"Its gonna change everything. Our beliefs. Our notions of what it means to be human"

Or a guy dressed like a bat will try to kill you. I'd say Pa Kent was right to have him hide as long as possible.
>>
It was just shit writing, plain and simple. Clark could have learned the same lesson of "you can't save everyone" by letting Pa Kent die while Clark was away saving somebody else after they had an argument. Or letting Clark Kent die of a stroke.
>>
>>67138641
>Superman Returns is a much better movie.

Man of Steel by far is the best Superman, EVER.
>>67140296
His son is a demigod and one with enough power to destroy cities, thereby a veritible hydrogen bomb! Jonathan Kent believed that either the world or his son wasn't going to be ready so until his son was MATURE enough to fully understand the implications of his powers, then he urged cautian. And Rightly so. Imagine some one like lex or the senator after the miracle boy. Imagine if they wanted to take him away forcefully. Jonathan was spot on with everything he did.
>>
>>67140694
>but the point still remains that this scene exists to show how seriously john takes hiding clarks abilities.

And it was poorly done and fails at this task, which is why it is universally hated and heavily memed.
>>
>>67141260
Not telling anyone to take me seriously, just pointing out that I'm not from /pol/, but I also don't see what's wrong with only voting Democrat. I believe in their policies more. Get over it.
>>
>>67141480
A better question is why do so many people not seem to get it? I know the meme response is, "becuz im smurt and dey dum", but honestly, if a significant portion of your audience misses the point of a scene then you failed as a director.
>>
File: DadOfTheYear.jpg (220 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
DadOfTheYear.jpg
220 KB, 1096x800
>>67140030
>>
File: 1455928517603.jpg (196 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
1455928517603.jpg
196 KB, 1096x800
>>67142500
>>
File: bait.jpg (122 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
122 KB, 1000x1000
>>67140296
>>
>>67142500
>>67142536

i'm a big fat jew and my last name is snyder
>>
File: 1427201515279.png (86 KB, 288x277) Image search: [Google]
1427201515279.png
86 KB, 288x277
>overthinking a poorly written movie

Did you overthink Prometheus as well?
>>
I still don't understand why he was afraid of Clark's secret leaking out

The only witnesses would be a bunch of hicks in the middle of a tornado, tune in to coast to coast AM any day and you will hear people swear they saw skinwalkers having sex with aliens while Elvis films the whole bloody mess.

Nobody cares and nobody would care if a bunch of farmers said one of them went into a tornado and came out unharmed, hell they would probably write it off as an act of God
>>
"I let my father die because I trusted him. Because he was convinced that I had to wait. That the world was not ready. What do you think?"
>>
>>67142500
>but I will not only forbid him from helping me, thus ensuring the success of this suicidal plan, but my own survival

Poorly written sentence. Doesn't make sense. Re do it properly please.
>>
You act as if this was the biggest problem and not him destroying half a city.
>>
>>67142750

But that didn't happen in the film.
>>
>>67142767

Yeah it was more like 75%
>>
>>67140309
That post you're replying to had nothing about /pol/ in it.

He's right.
>>
>>67142793

Nah, that's doesn't sound right.

Are you referring to the bit where the bad guys destroyed half the city because Superman was on the other side of the world saving the entire planet?
>>
File: Qead.jpg (30 KB, 959x404) Image search: [Google]
Qead.jpg
30 KB, 959x404
>>67142767
>But that didn't happen in the film.

No you're right, he only managed to destroy a hot dog stand.
>>
>>67142841
>destroy half of the city
>authorities want to question you
>destroy their drone implying you will kill them all if they try to apprehend you

Thank God Al-Affleki kills him in the new movie
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (65 KB, 607x284) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65 KB, 607x284
>>67142841
You haters just don't understand the TRUE CANON!
>>
Getting caught {by the tornado} wasn't part of his plan.
>>
BOOMER
>>
>>67140552
>superman is an alien sci fi movie
Mind = blown
>>
>>67140575

Did he plan to die in order to impart some message to Clark?

If he had made it back with the dog was he concerned that people would believe he was a super powered alien?

It's a fucking stupid scene.
>>
>>67142841
City looks pretty good. I am sure the civilians will be okay just gotta give them some bandages.
>>
File: Axe1.jpg (49 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
Axe1.jpg
49 KB, 650x406
>>67142635
>>
stop intrisecate sun
>>
>>67140030
Dude looks like a guy whos about to be shot by cops as he puts his hands up and is like "okay take it easy now".
>>
>>67140490
>>67140868
Top tier meme desu, good to see it's still around.
>>
>>67140296
Not everything has to be black and white, you fucking moron
>>
>>67143145
>guy whos about to be shot by cops
He doens't look black at all, what are you talking about?
>>
>>67142823
I think they are referring to the elongated fight sequence where they punch eachother into building causing them to collapse.
>>
CEASE MOVEMENT IMMORTAL SURROGATE
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.