[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He made over 50 movies. Were any of them objectively bad, like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Hitchcock.jpg (41 KB, 800x888) Image search: [Google]
Hitchcock.jpg
41 KB, 800x888
He made over 50 movies. Were any of them objectively bad, like 4/10 or lower?
>>
>>67136649
They were all shit senpai.
>>
All of them sucked my balls
>>
>>67136649
He had a thing for blondes.
>>
>>67136649
>Were any of them objectively bad, like 4/10 or lower?
I don't think so. It's been some time, but I've seen all but a handful of them.

Topaz and Frenzy are underrated.
>>
The Manxman
>>
More like HitchKEK
>>
>>67136770
Frenzy is awesome, never seen it rated low.
>>
>>67136649
I'm reading Hitchcock/Truffaut right now and he admits that some of his early films are bad

Lol @ that autistic Hitchcock haters btw
>>
>>67138883
>Not Hitchcuck
>>
>>67138959

Which films specifically?
>>
>>67136649
None of them were bad if you compare it to the shit we get these days. If something as bad as TFA is considered widely to be 9/10 in the 2010s it can be readily accepted that standards over film quality have lowered significantly.
>>
>>67139028
Champagne, Waltzes from Vienna and a few more I can't remember
>>
>>67136743
uh... um... f-for you hahaha :P
>>
>>67139053

The Force Awakens is better than several Hitchcock classics.
>>
>>67138959
how is it? my school library has a copy and I flipped through it and read the entries on some of my faves of his but I'm worried that it would be boring without much knowledge of his more esoteric or earlier stuff
>>
>>67139098
He gets to the 40es pretty fast, I wouldn't worry
>>
>>67136649
Ive seen all the main Hitchcock classics and I can't fault any of them really. They were very compelling flicks for their time. My only critisism is that in a few of them, the attempted special effects were shooting beyond the limits of the technology of the time and took away from the atmosphere rather than added, but then this is a retrospective opinion.
>>
Anyone here seen Family Plot, his last ever film?
>>
>>67136649
In the eyes of today's moviegoers audience, yeah.
>>
>>67139489
Never been able to make it past that dreadfully boring opening scene, despite many attempts. WTF was Hitch thinking?
>>
File: vertigo[1].jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
vertigo[1].jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>Give me your motherfucking hand you retard, or you'll be shitting into a bag in St. Vincent while they feed you jello through at tube you dumb ugly faggot
WTF was Hitch thinking?
>>
>>67139432
I know what you mean, but I even find that charming at times
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.