[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished season 5, is season 6 really as bad as /tv/ makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Lost-season1.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Lost-season1.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
I just finished season 5, is season 6 really as bad as /tv/ makes it out to be?
>>
No /tv/ are a bunch of fags. If you liked the show up to this point you'll enjoy season 6.
>>
It starts slow but it gets really good
>>
yea it's pretty bad. Richards episode is the only episode worth a shit in the season. everything else will feel forced and unnatural.
>>
>>67135357
Yeah, sadly.
>>
No, you might want to leave the thread though to avoid spoilers
>>
>>67135357
yes, but that doesn't mean people should just stop watching it
>>
It felt different. It was okay but of lower quality than the previous seasons
>>
Man this show had potential. But season 2 was already kind of bad and from season 3 onwards it was a piece of shit. Last season was not that bad as the third and fourth one I'd say.
>>
>>67136361
You're so fucking wrong that I'm stroking out trying to reason with your logic and I can't even offer a rebuttal because I literally might be dying because of your opinion.
>>
It's good all the way through. Season 5 is probably the "worst" season though, so you're over the hump.
>>
>>67136413
>seaaon 5
>worst season

That's season 3 senpai
>>
File: 1440549877969.png (123 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
1440549877969.png
123 KB, 356x256
>>67136361
nah man, nah
>>
The dog dies.
>>
>>67136436
I'm watching season 5 right now and the first three episodes have been abysmal. Nothing's wrong with the narrative (I know everyone always goes for the le time travel iz bad maymay, but it's honestly fine and it was interesting af when it was airing), but the characters just have incredibly awkward dialogue. Like the writers were stroking out trying to advance the story so they just have characters say how they feel and announce what they're about to do constantly.
>>
Season 6 was a major let down, for me.
The island turns into a Dungeons & Dragons game, and the characters become "pieces" instead of characters. Their "flash" thing, this season, is underwhelming for so long, that when it actually becomes interesting, it's already too late.

Finish strong! There are are some good episodes in there, but don't be prepared for the best.
>>
>>67136475
You're right, anon.

I don't understand it when people say season 3 is the worst one. Is it because it has a couple of glaring filler episodes? I mean sure it has 2 episodes that are infamous for being total filler. But out of 23 episodes is that really enough to discard an entire season as the worst? It just fucking isn't.. Season 3 has way too much interesting shit going on in it, to call it the worst. It easily features some of the very best episodes the show has seen. It may have had a slow start and a couple of filler episodes, but it also has

>Not in Portland
>Flashes BEfore yOur Eyes
>Tricia Tanaka (god tier filler)
>Enter 77
>The Man from Tallahassee
>One of Us
>Catch-22
>The Brig
>The Man Behind The Curtain
>Greatest Hits
>Through The Looking Glass

Season 5 they had no idea what to do with a lot of the characters, the flash forwards sucked, seriously not a single one was memorable, and even Desmond's episode was weak. Finale was amazing though.
>>
>>67136446
everybody dies, jon snow
>>
>>67136400
Please. The moment that scowling mexican bitch appeared the show started to go downhill. The story became more and more retarded. I kind of liked the cheap ending they gave us, because at least it went to recognise it is shit.

Lost is the same show as Heroes. Good start, shitty everything else, sort of acceptable last season.
>>
>>67136717
You're gonna use Ana-Lucia as the prime example for why LOST went down the shitter and in the same breath praise season 6?

The final season has nothing going for it, everything interesting about the show is strapped in favor of back and forth filler between two camps. I mean, it's like a fever dream, what actually happens on the island in that season? It has nothing going for it, smokey wants to kill them and they go back and forth with this until fucking episode 14. Not even the flash sideways start gaining any type of momentum until episode 11. So what exactly does this season have going for it?
>>
>>67136885
It mercifully ends without dragging stupid story lines any further. The end, while really nothing special is not the most horrible of endings I've seen in a show where bullshit was promised throughout the whole series. And yes, Ana Lucia was a horrible horrible character. The only good thing about season 2 was Mr. Eko and we all know how he ended up.
>>
>>67137055
It was the furthest thing from merciful. Sorry.

I can see why you would find it merciful if you hated season 2,3,4,5. But to people that actually cared about the show, it is everything but.

Is it the worst ending ever? No, it isn't. It even successfully manages to struck a few emotional chords. But there were so many problems with season 6, I mean the mere fact that nothing interesting actually happens throughout the season is pretty fucking big.

I'm unsure of what you're trying to say about "bullshit being promised" season 6 was advertised as just that, it was to be the season of fucking promises and it delivered on none of them, not only did it not deliver on its promises of giving answers, it didn't even deliver on a character basis. Characters were always the most important aspect of the show and they couldn't even write interesting shit for them this year, again the season meanders for 14 episodes, can you even recall what a single character went through in that time? Did anyone grow? Did anything change? It was a series of back and forths until an "ultimate battle" between the EVIL FORCE OF THE ISLAND. It is dumbed down nonsense. The only growth that is teased at is in the afterlife, but the writing in those were so haphazard that the growth essentially came down to, touch thing to jug memory.. now you've let go of your past.

>The only good thing about season 2 was Mr Eko

Yeah lets ignore the greatest expansion of the lore the series has ever seen with the Dharma initiative. But again, this is completely lost on you since you don't care about any of it.
>>
>>67135511
This
>>
>>67137482
Exactly. Since somewhere in the middle of the season 2 I really started to stop caring about the show, but watched it because hey, I was kind of interested. And the show got worse and worse, and worse. It had a bit of an uplift when the new guys came, Lapidus was based as fuck. But it was just a few shiny embers. The entire Locke storyline was awful in the end. The entire number sequence twist, horrible, the smoke monster, Jacob and everything was fanfic tier at best. Yes, I was glad to see it end, and I was glad to see it end in a way that was not entirely too horrible and made some stupid kind of sense.
>>
>>67135357
>is season 6 really as bad as /tv/ makes it out to be?
It's unnecessarily long. The finale is pretty good, but the season itself drags on aimlessly. A lot of unnecessary back and forth action that ultimately goes nowhere simply put in as filler. It is pretty obvious that they ran out of ideas by then when they commissioned seasons 5 and 6, and could not come up with enough good material to fill up the last season.

>>67135511
Also, this.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.