[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this work as a movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Hamilton_Musical.jpg (462 KB, 1300x1820) Image search: [Google]
Hamilton_Musical.jpg
462 KB, 1300x1820
Would this work as a movie?
>>
It will inevitably be made into one. I don't see why not, but it won't have Lyn Manuel Whathisface in it most likely so people probably won't care as much.

Maybe it'll have Hugh Jackman.
>>
I'd rather just watch a straight forward movie about Alexander Hamilton without the bullshit & beaners.
>>
>>67131498
Oh fuck yes a Hamilton thread

I'd like to think it would, but I can't picture it being brought to the screen as well as say Les Miz. It's too anachronistic, no one would buy a black dude as Alexander Hamilton on screen, lest we get more "IT'S HEIMDALL ALL OVER AGAIN" shit from history memers

Also My Shot, Right Hand Man, Stay Alive and You'll Be Back are objectively best songs on the album.
>>
i'd love a version shot like the 2012 Anna Karenina movie.
>>
>>67131621
The Room Where It Happens tho.
>>
File: billburr.jpg (235 KB, 970x761) Image search: [Google]
billburr.jpg
235 KB, 970x761
Why did Bill Burr shoot my nigga Alex?
>>
>>67131716
Okay I'll give you that one

I found it difficult to listen to after a girl I liked ended up making out with a black guy in the basement at an after-funeral hangout I was at (RIP Joey, you were a real nigga)

Subconscious connection and all
>>
>>67131755
Kek

Burr really did have some of the better songs in this though. I can connect with Wait For It so hard Even though I know throughout the show it's supposed to paint Burr as a cowardly faggot who doesn't jump at opportunity
>>
>>67131787
I don't seem to understand. Why would it bother you that this girl was making out with an African American? A girl that you weren't romantically involved with.
>>
>>67131498
pass on this hyped shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 350x500
>>67131861
It really shouldn't matter to me at all, especially since the dude is actually a pretty cool guy all things considered.

I don't know, though. Maybe I'm just a creepy faggot. Movie related.
>>
what are some good american revolution films?
>>
>>67132024
I'm tempted to say The Patriot but I've never seen it
>>
>>67132024
>>
>NOW I'M THE MODEL OF THE MODERN MAJOR GENERAL

>A VENERATED VIRGINIAN VETERAN WHO'S MEN ARE ALL LINED UP TO PUT ME ON A PEDESTAL

>WRITIN' LETTERS TO RELATIVES EMBELLISHIN' MY ELEGANCE AND ELOQUENCE
The wordplay in this is really good
>>
>>67131590
But the music is why you're going to see a Hamilton movie though
>>
Someone tell me to start listening to the soundtrack now.
>>
>>67131621
One last time is a sleeper.

We know fucking dings.

If(when) this were made into a musical style movie it'd be beyond amazing
>>
>>67133193
Do it, nigger.

Once you get past the whole idea of it (there's some bits near the beginning where I was like "Really?") the wordplay is awesome and the story itself is really good.

Ending is sad as fuck.
>>
>>67133193
You won't regret it
>>
>>67133193
Also, I'll tell you what some anon here told me that got me to listen to it.

>Knowing even one song from the soundtrack is guaranteed to get you laid

I don't know how true that is but I got a lot of musical-loving friends so I'm holding out hope.
>>
There a decent bootleg on kat. Worth listening to the soundtrack first so you don't miss any lyrics.
>>
Get this musical bullshit outta here.
>>>/mu/
>>
>>67132024
The Patriot is ok. The HBO series on John Adams is also quite good but not exclusively about the Revolution.
>>
>>67133348
>bootleg
nope. doesn't exist
>>
>>67133394
Until officially stated otherwise, stage shows are /tv/'s turf
>>
>>67133462
kat(.)cr/hamilton-the-musical-bootleg-t12038093.html ?
>>
im glad it won the grammy
>>
>>67132459
Miranda is a really impressive lyricist.
>>
>>67133256
>>67133257
>>67133319
Started to listen, it's alright so far.
>>
>>67133468
Fuck off.

And fuck off the whole lot of you fags.
>>
>>67133540
Let us know when you get to My Shot (aka second best song)

>>67133557
Ain't no board for stage shows nigger

Plus we're discussing if it could be made into a film
>>
>>67133484
oh fuck. is the quality good enough to watch it on a tv with my parents?
>>
>>67133589
Your father was a terrible father.
>>
>>67133659
Jokes on you mine was...wait, shit
>>
>>67133609
it's not HD or anything but i watched it on tv and it was fine.
>>
>>67133484
could i see some screenshots
>>
I AM NOT THROWIN' AWAY MY! SHOT!
>>
File: The Unfortunates.jpg (772 KB, 2063x1380) Image search: [Google]
The Unfortunates.jpg
772 KB, 2063x1380
>>67133193
Listen to something else, explore a little.

Have you heard of the Unfortunates? it's at ACT right now and IMO a better musical than Hamilton, though they share similar avant garde musicality.

You can find the soundtrack on spotify. Basically the premise of the show is of soldiers waiting in a prison to be executed, one by one. They escape into the reality of the old blues song "St. James Infirmary Blues" and have to deal with a story of gambling, a rampant plague, and corruption, all set to music styled after several American genres such as rap, blues, rock, and gospel.

Probably the best play I've seen, and an amazing emotional journey. I don't even care if i'm shilling hard for it, the guys who created it are based as fuck.
>>
>>67133825
You've piqued my interest.
>>
>>67133856
Theres a great song called Good to be the King that's basically a rap/craps battle between two rivaling dice throwers.
>>
>tfw there is nowhere on 4chan to discuss theater or musicals
I have to resort to threads about shows I don't even like. fuck
>>
>>67133589
Ironically, I think the two best songs so far were the ones by the Schuyler Sisters and George III. I dunno, LMM just doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>67133905
>tfw actor
>tfw love to read scripts, but can't discuss them on /lit/
>tfw love to watch plays, but can't discuss them on /tv/
>tfw want to talk about how to proceed in my craft, but /adv/ only wants to talk about betas asking out one girl

theatre life is suffering. Doesn't help the weirdest people and SJWs flock to it as a degree
>>
>>67133905
You could...y'know, start threads about shows you like...
>>
>>67133943
(Also I say this as someone WANTING to like this musical, not trying to be /pol/-tier here or anything.)
>>
>>67133943
>>67133969
Fair enough. King George's songs are fucking great.

>I will KILL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TOremind you of my love DA DA DA DA DAAAAA
>>
File: parade.jpg (55 KB, 487x500) Image search: [Google]
parade.jpg
55 KB, 487x500
Musicals that deserve an adaptation thread?
>>
File: vlcsnap.png (167 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap.png
167 KB, 640x360
>>67133773
close up
>>
File: vlcsnap2.png (203 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap2.png
203 KB, 640x360
>>67133773
wide shot
>>
>>67133946

It's because of frivolity and wanting your 'passion' to be your work. That, and you have reason to be around a bunch of gays and liberals that will suck your mental dick through all the virtue signaling.

I got out of it when I realized I couldn't sink enough cash into prestigious summer programs/not bullshit degree track. But all the power to ya for making it work. What kind of pieces are you working on/shows are you trying out for?
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1024x580
>>67134019
>produced by Blue Sky Animation
I'm biased because I was in two different versions of this but I feel like it'd be fun.
>>
>>67134161

So long as they keep the anti-war shtick in it to give it more emotional weight, then I'm down. Get Eddie Izzard (or someone with similar charisma and pure goofy) to be the Cat and I'd throw money at it too.
>>
>>67134189
I wouldn't mind that shit.
>>
>>67134161
This would have been miles better than the fucking Jim Carey Horton movie
>>
>>67134260
See the funny thing is that was what made me think Blue Sky would be perfect for it in the first place, that animation style lends itself well to musical style (see: that bizarre number at the end).
>>
>>67133946
if you're in the uk, i recommend the royal conservatoire open days. the next one for drama is in august i think.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.