[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just watch. No seriously, what the FUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
What the fuck did I just watch.

No seriously, what the FUCK did I just watch?
>>
kino
>>
>>67131115

A bunch of unrelated scenes that David Lynch threw together and tricked people into thinking it was a movie.
>>
Lynch basically throwing basic narrative out the window
>>
David Lynch's Inland Empire
It's right there in the picture, OP
>>
>>67131141
this
He basically was writing the movie along as he filmed. The cast and crew literally had no clue what they were filming. True poetry.
>>
dude the phantom is a polish serial killer lmao
>>
One of the greatest artworks of the modern age. I know you kids like throw terms such as kino around ironically, but this right here is it.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 300x375
>someone will post "the face"
>>
I hated it with such a passion, but I couldn't stop watching it almost without blinking through the 3 fucking hours. And I don't know why.
>>
>>67131718
Same here, I think it's because I was waiting for something to happen
>>
Was I supposed to not understand it? I get that they were remaking a cursed movie, but why the talk about Pamona and that old guys face turning into hers and the bleeding from the mouth. I mean what the fuck. And why did the rabbits disappear from the room she entered?
>>
http://www.waggish.org/2006/david-lynchs-inland-empire-hypotheses-and-spoilers/
>>
>>67132353
>Was I supposed to not understand it?
Yes. The movie is supposed to be dream like, and in doing that it doesn't try to have any internal logic more than vague symbolic connections between plot lines. I think it's one of the best movies I've ever seen, and I'm not even being pretentious. Not for everyone though.
>>
Rabbits.
>>
The Locomotion
>>
>>67131547
The face scene didn't really scare me, but for some reason the locomotion scene creeped me out.
>>
File: lynch.gif (857 KB, 383x216) Image search: [Google]
lynch.gif
857 KB, 383x216
>>
File: 1457179541251.jpg (24 KB, 284x423) Image search: [Google]
1457179541251.jpg
24 KB, 284x423
>>67131115
>>
>>67131115
Lynch at his most contrived
>>
Industrial Symphony > Lost Highway > Blue Velvet > Eraserhead > Twin Peaks > Meme Empire
>>
>>67131115
I have no idea either, but i did fall asleep while watching it so that might be why.
>>
>>67134206
best scene

lynch does that "i'm a little kid wandering through my great grandmother's antiquated chintzy house and i can feel time itself looking at me" mood like nobody's business
>>
>>67134715

Mulholland Drive is superior to all of those.
>>
absolute fucking kinography
>>
>>67134715
You have a garbage opinion
>>
>you shouldn't understand it xDDD
>it's dreamlike, just go with it ;)

~no~
http://xixax.com/halfborn/
>>
>>67136857
I like all these theories but they all reach a good amount in different places. I think they focus on figuring out what exactly is going on more than they focus on what is being said by the movie.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.