[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did the alien passengers pull a "Let's Roll"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: crash.jpg (19 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
19 KB, 853x480
So did the alien passengers pull a "Let's Roll" moment on the Thing to get it to crash into antarctica rather than civilization?
>>
>>67125175
there was no civilization when it landed
>>
>>67125175

You can honestly gauge a persons intelligence by how well they understand The Thing
>>
>>67125298

Develop your hypothesis
>>
>>67125175

>mfw I introduced this meme yesterday and clarified it in the very, very last post in the old thread before it archived

>>67094344

>mfw someone thought enough of the idea to reproduce it in a new OP

I'm flattered desu
>>
>>67125452
I do this all the time. It doesn't mean I liked your post, or that it was a good post. In fact, it was one of the worst posts I've ever read. It's definitely not a meme. Your version, at least.

>So did the alien passengers pull a "Let's Roll" moment on the Thing to get it to crash into antarctica rather than civilization?

That's the form this pasta is going to take. Your post was long-winded, gross, and boring. I wouldn't crow over it if I were you. Your stupid post isn't as good as this one.
>>
>>67125570

Listen kid I'm partially weapons trained. Don't EVER respond to me again.
>>
>>67125570
Yeah no one knows wtf your talking about without the lengthy explanation. Sorry this one is doa
>>
>>67125570

You liked it enough to reproduce the idea, and that's all that really matters. Not that it's a difficult comparison for an American to make. But you and I will always know who was first, kitten. :^)
>>
I spend a lot of time thinking about this movie. I think it's possible that the aliens attempted to crash the ship in a place where there was very little organic life but it's doubtful; they would have had to have known or at least suspected that The Thing could survive in hibernation. If you take the prequel as cannon, the backstory of the aliens is that they were out collecting specimens for study and accidentally brought the Thing on board in the form of something else. Given how The Thing tends to operate, it's most likely that only one of the aliens was left when the crash occured, and he/she/it was probably hoping to kill it rather than strand it in the ice.
>>
>>67126498

One need not accept various working screenplays, treatments, etc, as canon. These are normal parts of a creative process, and ideas change, though it can be fun to trace the history of a creative process.

However, the important thing is the completed work. And, where the 2011 prequel is concerned, specifically the completed theatrical release, the thing that you mentioned (alien backstory) is not even implied anywhere.
>>
Great thread.
>>
>>67126498
isnt it just more likely that the only way the story works is if they find a ship frozen in ice and therefore the choices for the movies setting are pretty limited
>>
>>67125175
Holy shit great point really makes you think
>>67125452
Shit post for dumb babies
>>
don't drunk drive kids
>>
>>67125452
Someone using some words in a thread today that you posted in a thread yesterday does not a meme make.
>>
>>67125452

That's all 4chan is.
>>
>>67125175
They tried spinning. That's a good trick.

It didn't work.
>>
>>67125298
>>67125298

underrated
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.