[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the ducks have settled, just admit that you didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
Now that the ducks have settled, just admit that you didn't even care that the characters were superficial, the story was weak and the entire movie was some sort of reproduction rather than a continuation.
Just admit that you'll take fast-paced, gratuitous action and special effects over substance any day of the week. Just admit this then we can all move forward and enjoy Star Wars the way Mickey Mouse intended it.
>>
>>67118695
Okay I admit it, now what?
>>
>>67118695
It was a reboot,man.

and i`m okay with that.I had fun at the theater.
>>
>>67119516
Lets go to work and after that, lets happily retire.
>>
>>67119592
Its hip to be square.
>>
I actually envy people who think like this. I wish I could watch almost any action/sci-fi movie and be entertained and excited like I used to get.

My mom watched the hobbit trilogy and loved every bit of it, even though she didn't quite understand the story. The action and cgi and familiar characters were entertainment enough.

My siblings loved TFA because of the old references and new visuals. Even before I started going to this board I started slowly seeing movies more and more critically, and now I can't help but get distracted by plot holes and terrible cgi.

I wish I was a normie so I could enjoy movies like I used to.
>>
>>67119516
>>67119592
>>67119609
>>67119636
>mindless drones
You are the entire reason the human race is doomed
>>
It wasn't as bad as /tv/ made it out to be.

Fun solid 6.5/10 flick
>>
>>67120014
Meh, 4, and that's being generous.
>>
File: 1457657420600.webm (1 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1457657420600.webm
1 MB, 720x304
>>67118695
I liked it but the rape scene was a little over the top
>>
>>67119952
Nah, be proud of your brain anon. It makes finding the movies that you do really like that much more worthwhile
>>
>>67120096
Was that the one where JJ Abrahams rapes the audience?
>>
>>67119979
>not beliving in human race

And that`s why we are doomed
only if you want to
>>
>>67119952
You're the worst kind of normie: the one who arrogantly believes to have transcended that state.

>plot holes

Jesus Christ, I bet that's the only thing you're able to notice.
>>
>>67120160
>tips fedora
Step back everyone, patrician in the house
>>
>>67118695
its not that bad man
its fun
certainly better than other marvel flicks
and it has substance in its exploration of sin and forgiveness which harkens back to the old movies and the luke/vader dynamic

>>67119952
"plot holes" is literally the most inconsequential thing you can fault a movie for anon
you're hardly seeing movies critically senpai
>>
File: 1429693771140.jpg (24 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1429693771140.jpg
24 KB, 488x488
>>67118695
I'm hoping for a fan edit eventually. The whole thing just felt too fast, except for the introduction of Rey which was basically the best part of the movie (and had the best music).

I'm hoping the deleted scenes are enough to redeem this mediocre movie, and that's what it is, MEDIOCRE. Not flat-out bad like the prequels, just MEH.
>>
The stuff that bothers me the most is the concept book that they relesed.

That thing is full of nice ideas and concepts.
some of them are realy shity tho[/spooiler]

JJ played this too safe.And he was not trained to do a movie that`s going to perdure over time.

TFA was too much atached to 2015.

Still likes the movie.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.