[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so much better than every other zombie movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: dawn_of_the_dead.jpg (262 KB, 1055x1600) Image search: [Google]
dawn_of_the_dead.jpg
262 KB, 1055x1600
Why is this so much better than every other zombie movie?
>>
>>67114766
It was before we all became real life zombies
>>
File: zombi_2_poster.jpg (241 KB, 415x640) Image search: [Google]
zombi_2_poster.jpg
241 KB, 415x640
>>67114766
It's not
>>
Gang way faggots, goat coming through
>>
>>67114975
not even close m8, Jerry Springer has more tension than the remake
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjikkKdnyck
1:40 if your lazy
>>
>>67114766
Because it's a cool, rational movie that doesn't romanticize the zombies themselves or fetishize the gore aspects, focusing instead on survivalist tactics and character personality to drive the plot.
>>
>>67114766
I can immediately think of a better one and it rhymes with yours
>>
>>67114831
Isn't that good, it contains much more incoherence than Romero's
>>
File: 1452381017452.jpg (2 MB, 1995x4839) Image search: [Google]
1452381017452.jpg
2 MB, 1995x4839
>>67114837
So GOAT that it made it onto the patricians' list
>>
Brain Dead is objectively the best zombie movie
>>
>>67115184
this has some laughably bad acting and boring parts. also the antagonist group of people were stupid as fuck

>>67115448
lol
>>
>>67115652
ok yeah didn't think of that one, definite contender
>>
>>67114837
That scene with the zombie talking about "the PAIN of being DEAD" outdos everything Romero tried to do in Day of the Dead (which is superior to Dawn.)
>>
>>67115661
Yeah. I just wanted to post the salute
>>
>>67115652
/thread
>>
>>67114766

I go for walks in malls on a regular basis. Sometimes, I like to whistle The Gonk while I do this.

A few heads have turned, but if anyone really knew what I was doing... I haven't had a clear indication.

Also OP is correct, it is my personal favorite zombie movie. It is both a critique of consumer culture, but also the first feature film that I'm aware of that gave serious thought to the "long-term" effects of a zombie outbreak, in the modern sense anyway. I'm sure a dedicated anon could point me to antecedents, though, more easily in fiction.
>>
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Zombi 2, and Day of the Dead are my top zombie picks.
>>67115540
Coherence isn't an essential quality for horror films. One of Zombi 2's charms is how unengaging it is for most of its first hour, and then it delivers the best looking zombies ever committed to celloid. The filmmaking is clumsy, but again that's to be expected with horror films. Dawn of the Dead's filmmaking for example is very mediocre, and closer to television than cinema.
>>67115652
Dead Alive was one of my favorites growing up, but it's a bit grating as an adult. More comedy than horror.
>>67115661
The over the top acting is what makes it fun to watch. Day of the Dead is also much tighter as a piece of filmmaking than any of the other Dead films. It's not quite John Carpenter in terms of quality, but it definitely hits that tone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.