[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck did this get the reaction it did? 35% positive reviews?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 900x900
Why the fuck did this get the reaction it did? 35% positive reviews? How? Only thing I can imagine is the critics wanted to make an example out of it because it wasn't PC. It's not the greatest movie ever but it has Mccarthy's writing, Ridley's directing, a good cast and good performances.
>>
Diaz as the big bad guy doesn't work

also Bardem's JUST hair is distracting as fuck
>>
>>67107701
It was good. Fuck rotten tomatoes.
>>
>>67107730
Really? I thought she was great. I haven't wanted a female character to die so bad since Nurse Ratchet
>>
>>67107730
No one expects anything out of her.

The rest were pretty good, some don't understand why he chases the thug life, but that is just what men do, seek power, it was too Shakespearean for plebs, too much emphasis on the plot being mainly a vehicle for honesty with some very potent death traps.
>>
>>67107730

She was not the bad guy, she just capitalized on the opportunity. Surprised the cartels didn't get her though
>>
ridley is a bit of a hack but this is probably his most underrated work

strong pleb filter
>>
>>67107701
Ridley Scott still believes it to be his best film
>>
>>67107730
Yeah honestly Bardem looks so absurd I don't even want to watch this
>>
>>67108025
It works for his character. He's a gaudy crazy fuck.
>>
>>67107701
i just wanted to be javier during that pussy scene
>>
>>67107701
>Ridley's directing
What year do you think this is? That's not a good thing.
>>
>>67107701
man i was so hype when i saw this on YIFY but by the time it finished i was utterly disappointed
>>
>>67108181
>>67108156
But it's still not a bad or mediocre film though. Definitely not deserving of the reviews that it got. Oh well, at least they make it cheaper to buy on Blu Ray.
>>
>>67107922
That scene where the counselor is talking to the old Mexican gangster on the phone about the pointlessness of death is probably one of my favorite scenes of dialogue in a while.
>>
>>67107701
isnt that the guy in HIMYM ?
>>
>>67108354
No. It is a bad movie.
>>
>>67108354
i love so many of the actors in the film…but all i rememeber about it now is cameron diaz on a car and the fact that i hated it. bad film
>>
>quick everyone talk in a funny accent
>>
Ridley Scott clearly didn't understand the material he got. Basically only Bardem understood it.

Terrible, 1.5/5
>>
Best film of 2013
>>
>>67108990
Name one thing that was objectively bad.

>>67109506
>I don't even remember it/didn't pay attention to it but I know it was bad

Ok
>>
>>67109585
Eh... I feel Scott *got* McCarthy's sensibilities more than any other filmmaker that has adapted his work, to be honest.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5luqqt6Ly_o

this alone made it awesome.

I just hope they never actually make the bolito a real thing.
>>
>>67109675
Nah, Sunset Limited got it, NCFOM got it, this was terrible.

And RS is too limited director, he can't handle genre jumping and tone jumping like say Joon Ho Bong or M.N.Shamayalan
>>
>>67108138

IMAGINE
>>
>>67109672
this implication is stupid as fuck. yes i'm saying it's a terrible film that wasn't in any way memorable.
>>
>>67107701
what exactly was this movie's plot? literally is just dumb as hell
>>
>>67111161
It has about as much plot as something like Pulp Fiction and that's one of the most overrated movies ever.
>>
>>67111602
Pulp fiction doesn't feel incomplete though, when the credits rolled I was still waiting for the climax
what exactly was the climax in this movie? not saying it's necessary everytime but something felt odd in this movie
>>
I'm sorry but this film was a huge mess. I can't really take most of these posts seriously considering how awful it really is, and i'm guessing all the recent positive opinions on here about this are due to some contrarian trend. I really hate how easy it is to turn films into memes on /tv/.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.