[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who wrote Help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 10cl_poster.jpg (119 KB, 1048x1552) Image search: [Google]
10cl_poster.jpg
119 KB, 1048x1552
So who wrote Help?
>>
>>67106336
Lennon and McCartney
>>
>>67106352
Zing
>>
Emmet, to frame Howard.

Howard did nothing wrong.
>>
>>67106336
clearly that little princess
>>
>>67106518
Was Megan made up? Or was she really Howards daughter?
>>
>>67106594
megan was real, moved to chicago, he kidnapped the other girl to fill the void. Obviously she tried to escape and he killed her
>>
>>67106621
Thanks
>>
File: 1456174577678.gif (2 MB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1456174577678.gif
2 MB, 500x259
>>67106336
Post yfw Howard mentions Martians early on.
>>
DUDE ALIENS LMAO
>>
>>67106480
Don't try to spread this. Stupid people will actually believe it
>>
It's pretty fucking stupid that you have to use spoiler tags even inside a thread that is very clearly devoted to something recently released. Anyone that comes in this thread not wanting to be spoiled would have to be a fucking idiot the likes of which I have rarely encountered.
>>
>>67106987
>people scrolling past threads
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-08-11-27.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-08-11-27.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>67106713
>>
>>67107000
>Not using the catalog
are you for real?
>>
shitty screener when?
>>
>>67107186
It's worth seeing in in the theater. Then go out for drinks and discuss it with your friends.
>>
>>67106336
>will probably never come to my country
>can't even find a shitty cam anywhere

help a brother out /tv/?
>>
>>67106336
Cloverfield fans.
>>
File: 1447638989371.png (202 KB, 391x497) Image search: [Google]
1447638989371.png
202 KB, 391x497
>that ending

I just wanted to see the Cloverfield monster again

Why was that so much to ask

Seriously you call the movie Cloverfield but lol, it has nothing to do with the original

I didn't believe in Abrams' Jew powers until I saw this movie. What a hack. The stories about it being an indie flop initially were totally true. Which is odd because it's actually really good up until Jew Jew and Paramount got their grubby hands on the ending

Fucking Abrams man, never again. I missed Clover and wanted to see it in action again, I loved the awful gangly design and the little parasites. They could have had something really iconic in this franchise but nooo, aliums time!
>>
I recently saw this and I am still quite confuzzled. How is this related to Cloverfield, if it is at all?
>>
>>67108269
>They could have had something really iconic in this franchise
I'm telling you man, it's the guys that own the fucking Slusho company, Tagruato. They've been the primary link so far.

We'll see Clover again soon enough
>>
>>67109249
>confuzzled
Go fuck yourself violently up the ass.

Also it's really more of a thematic link: Character-driven stories in an apocalyptic scenario. Plus Tagruato.
>>
>>67109249
Tagruto, slusho, the mouth on the ship and the references to satellites.
>>
>>67108269
That's on you for thinking it would be so involved with Cloverfield.
>>
Goodman played the role of Howard perfectly.
He gives a clashing vibe of wanting to like him, but he's probably a sick fuck deep down.
The scene where he shaves and dresses up for Michelle is really unnerving.
>>
I thought it was good.
Looks like this is gonna be some humans vs aliens shit though
Which is one of my most favorite fucking things
>>
>>67109249
>confuzzled

Fucking faggot go kill yourself.
>>
>>67108269
I was overjoyed that the cloverfield monster was not in this. What a terrible design. The fan speculation designs were much cooler.

Loved the creatures in 10 Cloverfield Lane
>>
File: 1455890134174.png (484 KB, 1256x461) Image search: [Google]
1455890134174.png
484 KB, 1256x461
>>67113142

Really? I thought the alien ship was very generic, a little creepy but too mechanical. It looked like that shitty LA movie about abduction, you know, the one with the blue beams and bad script. Or something stolen directly from Transformers 4. It just looked lazy.

The alien dog pig thing? with the worm head? what the fuck even was that was much cooler and more interesting because a) it's faster, more savage and clearly predatory and b) creates an interesting parallel with the Transformers 4 ripoff: are they allies? did an ecosystem start up? WTF is going on?

Honestly if they had made the big one a little more organic (fins, antennae, eyes, anything cool or interesting other than metal) my autism wouldn't be flaring up so bad. But as it was it just looked generic and silly, like a Halo enemy you could bring down with a couple well-placed bullets.

Or a Molotov cocktail. How the fuck did these things take over America when all you have to do is toss a bomb in their face vagina?
>>
I have an abusive large father who doesn't intend to be abusive and is really a good person but he spergs out once in a while.

The way John Goodman kinda stands in someone's way and imposes on them with no real threat but a vast unintentional implication really hit me close to home.
>>
Why did Goodman never get a radio signal?
>>
>>67107235

I agree, anon but...

>friends
>>
File: Soon.jpg (41 KB, 401x603) Image search: [Google]
Soon.jpg
41 KB, 401x603
>>67106713
>>
>>67115441
He did but he ignored it. He wanted his "daughter" to stay with him.
>>
This movie is the perfect female protagonist. Competent and resourceful but not some ridiculous girl power archetype.
>>
>>67114760

The aliens were clearly vulnerable to fire. Did you check out in the last 10 minutes?
>>
So did Goodman have a pattern for kidnapping girls and telling them it's the end of the world? He obviously killed that Brittany girl. I'm guessing shortly after he sought out another girl and crashed his car into Michelle. Only this time he happened to be right about the end of the world?

>>67115555

Fucking quads confirm. Best female protagonist in ages. She had a great arc with none of that Mary Sue bullshit.
>>
>>67115612
>So did Goodman have a pattern for kidnapping girls and telling them it's the end of the world?
No
> Best female protagonist in ages. She had a great arc with none of that Mary Sue bullshit.
No
>>
>>67115441
>>67115537
They were outside the safe zone. The radio signal Michelle gets when she's driving says that if you can hear it you're in the safe zone.
>>
>>67115555
I was expecting it to be a movie where the girl ruins everything because she's scared. I was glad that everything she did was incredibly reasonable because there was no way in hell any sane person would trust Howard in that situation.
>>
>>67106336
It was backwards so obviously somebody on the outside wrote it. I have no idea how MEW decided it meant Goodman murdered someone, it was clearly just another person on the surface trying to get in
>>
>>67116367
Not-Megan wrote it backwards so someone outside would read it forwards, dummy
>>
>>67116431
But Goodman covered it from the inside. Does that mean that anyone who found that entrance could still clearly read HELP written in blood? Why didn't he clean that up? Or block the window since he was probably too fat to actually use that entrance?
>>
>>67116505

Goodman couldn't have covered it. He's too fat to climb up there.

Emmett did it.
>>
>>67116505
She could covered it up so it would be visible from the outside, but not to Howard from the inside. We don't know the conditions of her death but he might not have known she even got up there, or he might have grabbed her after she had already pulled out her earring, carved the message, and pulled the cover so he wouldn't see it.
>>
>>67116595
So how did he murder her there?
>>
>>67109646
mouth on the ship?
>>
>>67115555
You're not wrong in some senses

I just hated the overdrawn ending when she blows up that alien ship beast

it would have been more haunting if she was instantly murdered by aliens upon escaping, roll credits

mary (s)who?
>>
Anyone got any good quality download?

I cannot go to movie theaters anymore.
>>
>>67116906
did you get into a fight with your wife's son?
>>
>>67116948
No, my dads wont take me.
>>
>>67116735
When it's pulling her up, the design of the mouth the ship is pulling her into is reminiscent of Clover. It's not huge but with the blurred out way it first showed the mouth, I actually thought for a second Clover had showed up out of nowhere and picked MEW up like it did Hud.
>>
>>67116595
But he knew how to operate the air filtration unit.
When it broke down he didnt ask for help until he realized his hatch was stuck
So he probably uses that hatch to climb up to the crawlspace, normally

Plus, considering how it really was aliens

Emmett was telling the truth about seeing the bright red flash and fighting his way into the bunker

So why would he want to do that?
>>
>>67106621
Just saw it, and I agree.
>>
>>67115555
Totally agree, both her and Goodman was great.
>>
>Yfw Goodman took a bath at the end
>>
>>67114760
It reminded me of the Gotengo when we first see it and then enemies from Bio Metal on SNES in the close up shots.
>>
All my normie friends are into MEW now

Smh..
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.