[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When SPINOFF sat down with Elijah Wood at SXSW to discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
File: Wood.png (153 KB, 651x522) Image search: [Google]
Wood.png
153 KB, 651x522
>When SPINOFF sat down with Elijah Wood at SXSW to discuss “The Trust,” his stylish new crime thriller co-starring Nicolas Cage, I also brought up Roger Ebert’s famously scathing review of his 1994 comedy “North.” That led to an in-depth discussion of the value and ethics of criticism, and the Internet-spurred changes to the relationship between critics and filmmakers.
>One critic said Amy Schumer wasn’t good-looking enough to be in her own movie.
>That’s really hurtful. I’m also a firm believer in “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all” unless it’s constructive. That’s just me. I don’t want to shit on people if I have the forum to do it. I just think that there comes with that position such a sense of responsibility, human responsibility in addition to a responsibility to good journalism and good writing and interesting critique.
>It’s not even a film criticism or journalism issue. It’s an internet issue too. It’s happening culturally all over the Internet and outside of the realm of film criticism. It’s a little bit of a bummer.
>I mean, look at something like Gamergate and how people can harass people in that regard. It’s a volatile place. And everyone has a voice, so in addition to great people being able to use that as a platform to push forward great ideas and positive things. It’s also an even playing field, so negativity can spread too. We need the government to step in and put a stop to harassment and hate speech even if that means requiring an internet ID or tossing people in jail.
>The internet has brought about the rise of juvenile reviewers on YouTube who only spout asinine opinions like Nostalgia Critic and Red Letter Media. They are quick to pile vitriol on movies while their [Red Letter Media's] movies are pure trash.

Thoughts on this, lads?
>>
>>67105624

He's right.

I'm a furry and trans so I'm used to seeing people spout memes and insults. I don't mind actual constructive criticism but if you just spout one liners like hurr durr kill yourself or ebin image macros and memes then fuck off - you're just a waste of space
>>
>>67105624

Well the only way to land a hit on Elijah is to use a low blow.
>>
>>67105624
>We need the government to step in

No.
>>
>>67105624
Fucking manlets
>>
>>67105679

> we should let people threaten and harass others

No
>>
Actual source:
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/03/15/elijah-wood-calls-out-film-critics-who-deal-low-blows/

The last paragraph was made up by op
>>
Nice try.

The only bit that stood out was the bit about internet IDs and tossing people in jail, which is bullshit. By the time you started talking about RLM I knew this was bait. Here's the actual interview.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/03/15/elijah-wood-calls-out-film-critics-who-deal-low-blows/
>>
>another authoritarian lefty pushing his shit ideology through fame
into the trash
>>
>>67105665

>furry and trans

Bet you're popular at furry conventions
>>
>>67105692
>we should let the government tell us what to do and babby us
No
>>
>>67105679
Didn't say it.
>>
>>67105730

>being a republitard

Drumpf plz go
>>
>>67105668
ba-dum tiss
>>
>based elijah putting you memelords out of business
>>
File: lVQgcA4.jpg (123 KB, 685x1050) Image search: [Google]
lVQgcA4.jpg
123 KB, 685x1050
>>67105692
>harassment and hate speech

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
>>
>>67105742

The government already does, idiot
>>
>>67105782
And you encourage it?
>>
>>67105624
>being so butthurt at GG you have to bring them up over a year later in a fake quote
This fucking salt that movement created is insane. And kind of retarded.
>>
>>67105624
Fuck off Frodo
>>
Every blow is a low blow to a manlet
>>
>>67105665
Lick my anus
>>
Man these librals have such a cuck mindset.
>>
Wouldn't any attack against Elijah wood technically be considered a low blow?
>>
Based Ryan.
>>
i can't believe anyone actually falls for this shit
>>
>>67105665
>kill yourself

yes, do it.
>>
>>67105665
NOT THIS OLD CHESTNUT
>>
>>67105665
You should have put "furry" in spoiler tags instead.
>>
>>67105763
Fuck even anarchocommiegranpa lays down the haymakers.
>>
>>67105911

Furries have been on 4chan since day one and are now an accepted part of the community. Shit, no one ever seriously tries to shitpost us since like 2009.
>>
>>67105624
Cuck a doodle doooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
>>
>>67105846
>>67106022
What is it with you people and that fucking word?
>>
>We need the government to step in
>because of gamergate

Yeah nice try FBI
>>
>>67105994
>Furries have been on 4chan since day one and are now an accepted part of the community
Not according to the reaction you got.
>>
>>67105624
But if you don't hit low, how are you ever going to get a hit on Elijah?
>>
>>67106143

Someone beat you to that joke already
>>
>>67105665
cuck
>>
File: 1429267274449.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1429267274449.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>67105665
>>
>>67105624

RLM BTFO
>>
>>67105730
>I will believe a story made-up on 4chan for keks because it supports my political reviews
>>
>>67105624
>throwing people in jail for what they think or say

Liberals are so delusional they're fascists and they don't know it.
>>
>>67106332
Young Mike a cute
CUTE!
>>
>>67105994

>Furries have been on 4chan since day one and are now an accepted part of the community

Kill yourself, faggot. Furries have been here for a long time, yes. They are accepted by retards and autists all over the chan, yes. But being accepted as part of the community? What are you smoking, nigger? Yiff in hell, furrfag.
>>
>>67105624
He didn't say anything about Nostalgia Critic or Red Letter media you little bitchboi.
>>
File: nick.jpg (86 KB, 900x579) Image search: [Google]
nick.jpg
86 KB, 900x579
>>67106444

A deal's a a deal. 2016 is our year
>>
File: 1393291964351.jpg (11 KB, 368x428) Image search: [Google]
1393291964351.jpg
11 KB, 368x428
>>67105994
>accepted part of the community

yiff in hell furfag
>>
>even playing fields where everyone is equally entitled to voice their opinion are evil and should be banned
>>
>>67105624
Lock him in a hole and throw away the hole
>>
>>67105698
You think people around here care about accuracy?
>>
File: file.png (89 KB, 866x434) Image search: [Google]
file.png
89 KB, 866x434
>>67105624
I believe people should be nice to each other, but that pleasantry shouldn't extend to people who are paid millions just to play pretend in front of a camera. If you're getting paid that much for something, people have every right to bitch at you for any reason at all. I know Elijah Wood isn't even close to being the most overpaid celeb, but his pay is still obscene for what the work is.
>>
Hes somewhat right. Meme 'angry' reviews are more popular than ever, even legitimate critics are starting to indulge.

Even if a performance is bad or an individual is ill suited to their role, that is usually one part of why the film is bad, and if it's the only thing wrong with it than it probably should just be a footnote after praising all the other, better elements of the film.

I wouldn't have a problem if that shit was just 'comedy' and didn't actually label itself as reviews / critiques, but i feel the same way about Jon Stewart and that ilk.

That being said, i don't mind a bit of shit talking, but you have to have an actual substantive point on the movie before having earned the right to do it, not just rely on shittalking actors or directors as your critique. They use the "It's just comedy!" shield to hide behind the fact their commentary is usually childish nitpicking rather than legitimate critique.
>>
He was in one of the worst movies of the past five years so of course he would say this.
>>
>>67105668
Im a manlet and even Im applauding that one
>>
>It's about ethics in movie critics

No no no no no no no no!
Stop this shit right there.
>>
>Calling Amy Schumer ugly is not okay for reviews

>But calling healthy models anorexic or attractive males shallow is okay
>>
>>67105624
>gamergate
How is this still a thing?
>>
>>67105665
Good luck destroying your own body faggot
>>
>>67105665
Your movie sucks guy?
>>
>>67106646

>Saying Amy Schumer is too ugly for a romantic lead is not okay

>But calling actors 'too white' to be nominated in 2016 is okay
>>
>>67105624
>Thoughts on this, lads?

You're a massive faggot, OP. Hey, you asked.
>>
>I mean, look at something like Gamergate and how people can harass people in that regard
Oh boy, here we go....another fucking mindless celebrity.
>>
>>67105624
>Gamergate
How would Elijah Wood even know about that shit enough to comment on it?
>worked on Tim Schafer game
Oh I see
>>
>>67105624
>tossing people in jail.

>'so what are you in for?'
>'murdered my wife in cold blood, you?'
>'called someone i've never met a fat whore over the internet'
>>
>>67105624
Aww someone hurt his fee fees so he want them the whole net to get policed?
What a baby
>>
>>67106586
No, he's not "right".
He opens with a simple, plainly obviously true statement and then, having gained people's compassion, suggests insane measures to be taken against the problem.

You might call that a variation on the foot-in-the-door compliance technique, but if we don't want to get overly technical, then yeah. 'Facist propaganda' will suffice.
>>
>>67105994
>Accepted
>Furrys
That doesn't make sense you cannot put those two words together they just cancel eachother out.
Honestly if anything that was accepted and is a part of the community it's loli's.
>>
>>67106756

Read the actual article and don't take quotes attributed to people with no source, posted on /tv/ at face value you god damned mongoloid.
>>
>>67105665
Yiff in hell furfag
>>
>>67105994
because everyone are trying to forget you even exist but you just wont fucking stop, just fucking leave already you mentally unstable twat
>>
File: dat symbolism.png (193 KB, 730x616) Image search: [Google]
dat symbolism.png
193 KB, 730x616
the fursecution in this thread is astounding. didn't you watch zootopia? its already 2016 and its okay to be a furry
>>
>>67105624
>says the manlet who hasn't been in a good movie since 2003
>>
If anything it's the liberal critics and people who think they are a high authority because they write for gawker and rotten tomatoes and what not, spewing hatred for anything that doesn't fit their agenda
>>
>>67106852
>anthropomorphic animals
>means that we are ok with furries
furries are disgusting, anthropomorphic animals are just human stand-ins where the story wouldn't be as good if it was actually performed by humans
>>
>>67105665
Yep, we're wastes of space, but the animal fucking tranny, who is likely riddled with mental disorders (not counting aforementioned animal fucking and transiness) is not a waste of space or a failed person, or perhaps sadly wnough, somebody who never got the treatment and counciling they should have been given.
>>
>>67105665
I just wanna say this is one of the most excellent jobs of instantly derailing a shit thread I've seen in weeks. Well done.
>>
>>67105719
I agree with him fully. I hate Schumer, but "she's too ugly and fat" is not a valid criticism. Her snarky delivery isn't funny, she tries too hard to sell her performances, yes, but ugly and fat are not valid criticisms unless the whole point of a character is to be a 10/10.
>>
One of the the first skills you need as an artist is the ability to take criticism, ALL criticism, no matter how "vitriolic" you interpret it to be.

It's one of the skills everone needs.
And yet so many people go through life never learning that lesson.

I get the feeling most people in hollywood are surrounded all day by people who are always patting them on the back and stroking their egos. So it must be a violent shock for them when they see vitriol.
>>
>>67105624
>We need the government to step in and put a stop to harassment and hate speech even if that means requiring an internet ID or tossing people in jail.
>The internet has brought about the rise of juvenile reviewers on YouTube who only spout asinine opinions like Nostalgia Critic and Red Letter Media. They are quick to pile vitriol on movies while their [Red Letter Media's] movies are pure trash.
These are fake quotes.

Why are you so dumb, /tv/?
>>
>>67106927

I'm furry but I don't fuck animals and neither do most other furries. We even called the cops on one retard at a convention who brought his dog and tried to fuck it in the hotel room
>>
>>67107163

don't be a fucking tease show me your butt
>>
File: 1457731041508.png (163 KB, 581x661) Image search: [Google]
1457731041508.png
163 KB, 581x661
>>67106809
Everything in the OP is in the article except for the last part mentioning RLM and Nostalgia Critic, how does that makes him wrong?
>>
>>67105624

I think anyone who advocates removing, shaming, or punishing criticism of any sort should be written off entirely. I wonder how Elija would feel if the government shut down a movie he was making because they felt it was too critical of the military, for example...
>>
>>67107163
lol,those beady eyes.no wonder ur a furfag.
>>
>>67107384
>>67107163
my dick is so confused right now
>>
>>67107416

There's literally nothing wrong with being attracted to a woman even if she's trans
>>
>>67107416
There's much better looking boys in the world, you don't need this egotistic toxic shitheap.
>>
>>67105624
>They are quick to pile vitriol on movies while their [Red Letter Media's] movies are pure trash.

I fucking hate this reasoning. So I can't complain about Adele's music because I can't sing better? Sod off.
>>
>>67107450
>she's

you are correct though.
>>
>>67107456
Oh it's fake. Okay then.
>>
>it's a Gamergater tries to push his autism agenda with misleading information episode

Go back to /v/ or Reddit
>>
>>67107301
Read the actual article you autistic /v/edditor
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.