[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: razorfist.png (344 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
razorfist.png
344 KB, 512x512
>Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos

Do you agree with this sentiment?
>>
That's why when Revenge of the Sith came out, people were saying it was actually not as bad as the previous two movies, right?
>>
>>67100807
it was just a meme
>>
People hated them more after the reviews.

Razor also has a good point that its fucking based on Flash Gordon and you shouldn't take it seriously
>>
Newsweek had a long, negative review of the movie before it came out.

I read it, but was still intrigued (I was 15 at the time), and my family went to see it somewhat aware that it was dogshit. You know you can't just believe everything reviewers say.

But it was worse than we expected, and we didn't bother with any Star Wars movies ever again.

For me, Star Wars begins and ends with Dark Forces on PC.
>>
I remember people hating 1 or 2 before 3 was even out.
Like that was the big catch that everyone was using to sell the third one.
>This ones the real deal dude! No more kiddie shit!
>>
>>67100962
>People hated them more after the reviews.
Not even slightly true. Maybe for a small subset of millenials, that actually liked them as little kids. Everyone else hated them from the beginning.

And all you idiots act like Red Letter Media is like NBC news or something. Normal people don't know what RLM is and who Plinkett is. I have NEVER heard either mentioned outside of /tv/. Not once ever.
>>
>>67100807
I;m old and graduated highschool in 1999 so I remember things from that time and I remember everyone being disapointed as fuck with the prequels. Everything that RLM says is pretty much true
>>
>>67101054
you are too old to be on this website

i am too
>>
>>67100807
More like
>people couldn't articulate how much they hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos
If you refuse to see reality and how vastly different the prequels are compared to the original trilogy then I have a hard time believing you watched the original trilogy. The prequels are literally NOT Star Wars movies, they just have lightsabers in them.
>>
>Literally who says that nobody hated the prequels until literally what made the literally what videos

Fixed.
>>
The consensus on 1 was always pretty poor.
>>
I remember playing Graal Online with a bunch of Star Wars nerds in Graal Kingdoms who hated the prequels.
>>
>>67100807
Original trilogy are better made movies, that much is obvious

But the way star wars nerds go about the original trilogy, one might think they're some amazing achievement in cinema, the best the meduim has ever seen, and that's just a load of bollocks

Prequels are mindless low concept sci fi flicks just like the original trilogy, except very poorly thought out and poorly made in a lot of places, to say that the hate they is undeserved would be a huge understatement, but nerds are gonna nerdrage, yo
>>
>>67100962
>>67100807
underage detected
>>
>>67100807
Is that fucking Spoony?! Swear to god it looks like him.
>>
No, initially the Star Wars fanatics praised it as the second coming, but eventually realized it was fucking trash.

It's kind of like TFA, at first it was the top shit of Nerd Mountain, and now no one talks about it. They like it, sure, as it's not bad, but it ain't Star Wars like Star Wars was Star Wars.
>>
I think it's true that the overall hatred of the prequels has grown over time, but that's not because of Plinkett. You just watch the movies again and talk about it with people and you notice more and more things that are bad about them. I've talked with people who haven't even heard of the Plinkett reviews and they are fully aware of how bad the movies are. I think the only people who don't think the movies were at least universally agreed to be underwhelming are the ones too young to remember.
>>
>>67101777
star wars was a good movie, american graffiti too. i don't know why lucas stopped directing to become a studio mogul.
>>
Simpsons had an epidode(s) (or off hand jokes) regarding the prequels, it was pretty much the norm after 2 that the prequels sucked dick.
>>
>>67101880
>They like it, sure, as it's not bad, but it ain't Star Wars like Star Wars was Star Wars.
This is what I'm talking about, several generation of sweaty neckbeards praising a very average sci fi flick trilogy to high heavens, of course literally nothing you produce under the franchise name could possibly satisfy

>>67101948
I'd much rather blade runner exploded like SW did, now that's good sci fi
>>
>>67101777
The thing is that the OT were effectively the comic book movies of their time, easy to digest hero stories that are exciting and fast paced with a simple yet effective story and not to mention neat special effects. Now there are at least 3 of those movies coming out EVERY YEAR so Star Wars isn't special anymore, it's just ANOTHER hero story.
>>
Didnt you queers watch Spaced? that scene with Simon Pegg yelling at the little girl about how shit the prequels were was how everyone was when the prequels came out
>>
>>67100807
I honestly think Episodes 1 and 3 are better than 7.

Coherent stories, good acting, and feels like george lucas star wars movies
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
>>
>>67101984
That's a good way to look at it, SW is important for paving the way for big budget sci fi flicks (I doubt we'd see Alien or Blade Runner if SW bombed), but if there was one movie franchise that was so horrendously overrated it may as well be a religion, Star Wars would certainly be it
>>
>>67102060
Well some people literally have nothing else going for them in life but the next Star Wars movie. literally NOTHING ELSE IS WORTH LIVING FOR
>>
They blew their load in the first film.
Darth Maul being lauded as this big plot piece, all over merchandise, used in trailers, so mysterious.
Dead as fuck in the gayest way.
My childhood self was so disappointed when I saw his two half assed viscera plummet down whatever convenient space station whole that was.
Fuck you George Lucas you could have milked that Darth Cow for another movie and a half.
Fuck Grevous, wheeze fagbot was a waste too.
>>
>>67101967
blade runner prolly wouldnt have existed without star wars, the genre was old hat until lucas saved it. besides, best sci fi is 2001.
>>
>>67102108
Jeez, I have next to no social life, but at least I have taste

>>67102157
Quite right, as I pointed out hear >>67102060

>best sci fi is 2001.
Well that's hard sci fi vs "soft" or social sci fi argument again, 2001 is great and all, especially on 3rd+ viewing, but it really is Hard sci fi with a capital H, that being synonymous with no fun allowed
>>
>>67100807
I remember watching the first showing of the prequels and was like WTF am I watching? It was sooooo bad.
>>
>>67100807
I distinctly remember the adults not liking them much. I and the other kids liked them though. We especially loved to shit on Jar Jar Binks, and we drew comics where he would get murdered in various creative ways. I mean we didn't like the character but we sure loved the idea of him dying, which made it fun.
>>
>razorfist
WHO?
>Razor also has a good point that its fucking based on Flash Gordon and you shouldn't take it seriously
how is that a good point? if star wars wasn't based on flash gordon it would be alright to take seriously? flash gordon or not, the first trilogy was entertaining and the prequels were boring unoriginal trash. you don't need any level of seriousness to see that, just be a casual observer
>>
>>67100807
Nobody knew about general relativity until Einstein and that doesn't make it any less valid. The Plinkett videos present hours of evidence to back up their claims that no ones been able to refute for close to a decade now.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.