[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Capeshit or Great Capeshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Watchmen_cast.png (526 KB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen_cast.png
526 KB, 720x300
I was too harsh on this flick when it came out.

7 years into endless Marvel drivel and it only grows in stature.
>>
>>67096049
I personally think its only good, and that's honestly because the soundtrack killed it for me.

I was expecting some Phillip Glass shit the whole time and I get fucking Bob Dylan.
>>
I bet Marvel making bank just gets your little panties in a wad doesn't it?
>>
>>67096049
I think it's a great movie, it actually made capeshit interesting

>>67096618
The soundtrack is amazing. The bit with All Along the Watchtower is awesome. And the cheesy bit with Leonard Cohen when they're having sex in the ship thing. Soundtrack is very well done IMO.
>>
My wife's son loves this movie
>>
great but it has some really bad flaws
>>
Literally the only worthwhile capeshit, along with the Dark Knight maybe. It made me realise just how physically exhausting capeshit is.

Did you watch this on Film4 btw OP? I saw it for the first time tonight
>>
File: 2003 Hulk.jpg (264 KB, 990x1400) Image search: [Google]
2003 Hulk.jpg
264 KB, 990x1400
>>
I read the graphic novel and still enjoyed it. even though Snyder mostly does shit I think he did a pretty good job given the task at hand.

the ultimate cut is the best, pirate story is a nice tie in
>>
>>67096699
I understand your opinion anon and I respect it.

However, I've watched this movie like five or six times. I own it, and each time I watch it a classic song begins to play and it distracts me.

I understand why they did it. But it still distracts me from what I think is a visually stunning movie.
>>
>>67096618

>He didn't read the graphic novel
>>
>>67096846
>muh soundtrack is distracting me from the visuals

i think autism has gone too far
>>
>>67096864
>>67096905
It's been a while and Jesus Christ you uncivilized niggers. I'm trying to have a genuine discussion about a genuinely good capeshit and you fucks act like dumb street-monkeys making accusations without any probable cause.
>>
>>67096780
F This Movie podcast did an episode on it a couple months ago which led me to revisit.
>>
Does the directors cut show any extra Akerman nudity? That sex scene where she's wearing the heels had me like diamonds
>>
>>67096049

At least one of my favorite comic book movies if not my favorite. I liked it when it came out but I like it even more now. It didn't try to do anything crazy and stuck to the source material except for the ending which I actually think works better than the ending of the comic.

Thought all the actors were pretty much perfect for their parts, Silk Spectre was kinda meh, but whatever, she looked good in her costume. Zack Snyder can make a good looking movie. Directors Cut adds back in the missing plotline with Hollis Mason, which was really the only thing I felt they should've included in the theatrical cut when I first saw it. Soundtrack and score were great too.

It's a good movie, most people who didn't like it just thought it was supposed to be a generic "team of superheroes saves the world" movie. I'm surprised it even got made really.
>>
>>67096666
Not really m8 :^)
>>
>>67096666
Is "muh box office" the "muh dick" of capeshitters?
>>
Purists critique it hard, and unfairly.

The film does the GN justice on the big screen.

Some of the acting and dialogue miss their mark sometimes, but on the whole, it's almost shot-for-shot.

The pirate tie-in, I believe, wasn't essential - no matter what anyone else says, it's not necessary to understand Veight's decent into madness or whatever. His grand master plan, and his decision to arrive at it, made sense within the film's plot proper.

The ending was better too - turning the world against Manhattan made more sense than teleporting a giant alien brain creature into new york.

Almost every criticism comes from angry comic book nerds who revel in their personal high-ground of liking the story before it was mainstream. They hold onto their belief that the GN was so deep, only they understand and appreciate it; when some 15-year old girls from high school see the film, and understand the same plot, it degrades these comic book nerd's sense of self, so they aggressively defend their nostalgic club.
>>
>>67096049
I read it when I was in 7th grade cause it came out that year I was in school. I later went on to watch the theatrical cut and thought it was empty. Years later, I saw the directors cut and enjoyed the shell out of it. It had more scenes from the book and the ending felt fine too. I saw it like a year ago and thought it was super well out together and the visuals are so vibrant.

Tldr it's pretty good. What's the thread about again?
>>
>>67096049
Second best capeshit after TDK. Really enjoyable first watch but I can understand people's criticisms.

>>67096780
This.
>>
DC
Watchmen - Capekino
TDK - Capekino
TDKR - Capekino
Batman Begins - Capekino
300 - Capekino
Man of Steel - Capekinda
rest = shit

Marvel
CA:WS - Capekinda
rest = shit
>>
>>67098633
TDKR is memekino, but in reality it's absolute garbage. Only TDK and Watchmen can be classified as capekino desu
>>
File: p12565_p_v8_aa.jpg (248 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p12565_p_v8_aa.jpg
248 KB, 960x1440
GOAT capeshit coming through
>>
>>67098633
>TDKR

Anyone else think it was shit?
>inb4 "for you"
>>
File: watchmen-squid.jpg (295 KB, 660x935) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-squid.jpg
295 KB, 660x935
Honestly I think Snyder deserves a lot more credit for making what would probably have been the most faithful adaptation of the material.

My only real complaint is the changed ending - I agree the comic ending was ridiculous and would take too much explanation in the movie, I just loved the visual of the giant monster amongst all the destruction of New York
>>
>>67098633

m8 no trolling this will be used as a definitive guide for capekino, remove TDKR as capekino and Man of Steel is CapeKino
>>
>>67098633
300 isn't a DC property
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.