[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point did you drop the show? Also, post how you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
At what point did you drop the show? Also, post how you think Carl ended up getting shot if you haven't seen the episode yet.

I dropped it when Rick got out of the RV alive and ran all the way back to Alexandria with some of the swarm behind him.

I think that Rick, Carl, Jessie, and her two kids were trying to get out of the swam alive; and made it to a shelter where Michonne was in. Then then Sam (the little kid) got into trouble because it's raining and the zombie guts aroma wears off so the walkers chomped on him. Rick and Michonne held back Jessie so as not to have her commit suicide by trying to save him, and Carl held back Ron. Jessie broke down hysterically, and Rick told Ron to shut up while he holds off the zombies that are trying to get in.

So Ron goes inside and grabs the gun in a rage and shoots Carl through the head.

Rick sees it from outside, hence his reaction image,
>>
when a walker ran and jumped over a fence in season 1
>>
I dropped it when they made Negan kill Carol with Lucille instead of Glenn.
>>
>>67084340
first few episodes of 3rd season. i wanted to drop it during the 2nd but a girl i was seeing back then watched it so that meant so did i. no biggie, i got her to watch Deadwood.
>>
>>67084340
I dropped it after the episode where the spiritual fighting dude died, he had become the only character I actually liked and his character made me feel like my five season investment was worthwhile, and I got out before I spent another five seasons waiting for one good episode
>>
Beginning of the new season. For some reason it was in black and white and I didn't have a fucking clue as to what was going on. Didn't care enough to find out.
>>
Halfway through season 2.
>>
>>67084340
Season 2, kicking Frank Darabont cutting the budget extending the episode count killed zombshow.
>>
>>67084501
yeah, kicking darabont out and slashing the budget really hurt the show. kinda sucks darabont hasn't really recovered yet. that gangster show he did was really bad. really, really bad. Noir, i think it was called. know if he has any projects lined up? i heard some production company was making The Mist into a series. i hope he's involved somehow.
>>
>>67084340
I enjoyed season 1 episode 1 then halfway through episode 2 I realized it was a shit show full of unnecessary drama and dropped it.
>>
Second episode season 1, show was fucking stupid.
>>
I left season one ep 2 or 3. Pretty much when they found the old folks being taken care of by Mexican gangsters.

Kirkman didn't used to write like a retard, but this show made him retarded.

I have no regrets. When people try to talk to me about the show I just tell them I only read the comics. When I tell someone the show is garbage they always want to debate it like my opinion is wrong.
>>
>>67084340

I finally gave up when:

1) Daryl got a rocket launcher out of the "back" of a gas truck

2) Maggie stuck on a rickety tower, only to find there was a convenient wall walkway right beside the tower the entire time.

3) Daryl lighting gasoline not with a match or lighter, but with a rocket

4) Rick and the gang taking from high noon to midnight to walk down main street

In all fairness, the show has been stumbling along since Season 2 but I've hung in there despite the writing annoyances. I just can't take it anymore, characters I used to enjoy I'm now actively rooting for their deaths to save them the horror of being in this mess of a show.

If you're enjoying the show, more power to you - I wish I could be doing the same.
>>
>>67084340

I basically quit watching the show after the cannibalism episodes. I can't remember the name of the place.
>>
3rd season
>>
>>67084826
The comic comic is so dark and reading it you can't shake the impending feeling of dread. When I read it, I feel like the world has ended. I feel hopeless and I see my friends (characters in attached to) dying all around me. It is the apocalypse, no one is safe.

The show is painful to watch. I want to see a child torn apart and eaten alive to the most horrifying screams the child and onlooking mother can make.

I know this show is not allowed to shock or jar me because it's on cable. Fuck that.
>>
>lose little girl
>live on a farm for the whole season
>nobody even bothers looking for the girl besides crossbow guy
>not even mom gives a shit about her daughter
>she was in the barn the whole time

I think this was season 2
>>
>>67084340
Season two... It's a terrible series, and that farm was a boring shit fight of drama.
>>
>>67084340
Season 1 Episode 2
>>
When they got captured by the cannibals, and I think I excercises great patience making it that far.

It was just so contrived how they all ended up in crate like that for le epic finale, yet they never felt as though they were in any danger, despite the fact if this was real life they would have never made it out of the crate alive.

It's just such a horribly written show. I swear they fire their writers every week and hire more retarded ones in their place.
>>
Never really picked it up.

>walkers still retain elements of the humans they used to be
>lol no wait they are brain dead killers
>actually they can use tools...
>nah actually they can't
>but they are inhumanly strong!
>nah actually they are weak and feeble
>well for sure you need to destroy their brain to kill them
>lol jk you can just cut their spine
>oh look this one is completely silent and stealthy!
>must have been an anomaly ;^)

Never before have I seen such inconsistent writing, it's fucking embarrassing
>>
s4
>>
Dropped somewhere during S3. That Governor was shit and show Andrea was annoying as hell.
>>
>>67084340
s1e3 found it boring
>>
IMPORTANT NEGAN POLL:

http://strawpoll.me/7092247
>>
>>67084340
the episode where carol and maggie get kidnapped, havent watched it since
>>
>>67086066
So you're an episode behind. The following episode has aired, and concentrates on what happens after they get captured. No need to thank me.
>>
>>67084340
I dropped it when they killed Negan last episode.
>>
>>67084399
>fake spoilers

Is this an epic new meme?
>>
I don't remember which season it was but they were in a prison and every episode was about them dealing with every days struggles I guess.
While I like that sort of thing, for a show that sold me on interesting and new characters and a volatile environment where anything could happen out in the open, it just felt like nothing else was going to happen. It was like, dialogue scene in this prison cell, dialogue scene in the prison yard and from time to time, oh look, walkers.
Maybe it was because they were relatively safe and the sense of urgency kinda disappeared. That's how I felt anyway.

TLDR: It got boring and uninteresting.
>>
>>67084340
I dropped it like halfway into season 2
>>
I dropped it on the second episode of season 1. Which is funny because I later learned the guy who wrote episode one quit after writing the first epsiode, and ohhh biy did it show. The first episode was decent and then the show turned to complete dogshit in episode 2 and anyone who kept watching past that point is a cretin with shit taste and that's all there is to it.
>>
>>67084850
see you next week!
>>
>>67084340
>At what point did you drop the show?
when they dropped the van. I still can't believe what I saw that day,
>>
>>67084340
I watched it in spite of it being bad for awhile, but now it's actually pretty good and I'm glad I stayed through it. Hopefully it doesn't go back to shit too soon.
>>
I dropped that shit when they killed that bald negan dude, maybe gonna give it one more try next week
>>
"It's not the zombies. We're The Walking Dead"- Rick, 2016

Holy fuck, REALLY? Dropped
>>
>>67084340

Mid season 3.

Season 1 was good.

Season 2 was boring and soap opera as shit, so I gave it one more chance, which it failed in season 3.

All in all it was a terrible adaptation of the comic, and altogether cringeworthy as fuck.

The show had potential, but Hollywood faggotry managed to screw it up, as usual.
>>
Kek, what a bunch of sorry losers in this thread.

Last two seasons have been amazing. They're about to introduce the best villain of any show ever. Have fun missing out on the biggest and best show on TV.
>>
>>67086754

The show can't write decent, or consistent, characters, anon, and after what they did to the governor arc, which was better than the Negen arc btw, I can't even imagine how laughable the show will be.
>>
>>67084391
>season 1
>first couple episodes, walkers use rocks to smash window on shop, later another walker climbs a fence

>rest of the show
>walkers are shambling bags of flesh that show zero intelligence

There was zero explination for the change, and more importantly, everyone has convienently forgotten about it
>>
>>67084416
>Deadwood

Your cock?
>>
>>67084340
Last season or the one before i cant remember. Dropped when grimer shot the man and black man showed up right after.
>>
>>67086972
If you mean in the comics you're dumb and wrong, Negan > Gov.
>>
Season 1, leaves Atlanta with Shane alive.

>maybe it'll get better

Season 2
>>
>>67086972
>and after what they did to the governor arc

You mean make it better in every way? Actually give The Governor some depth and personality other "Bwahahaha I'm such a evil and crazy guy"?

The show constantly expands and improves on the comics but you're so delusional and retarded you can't see it.
>>
>>67084340
You dropped it because Rick can run faster than zombies? You are fucking stupid.
>>
>>67084340
>At what point did you drop the show?
I can enjoy this show and dont give a shit about comics or the opinions of other people

>>67086490
fuck off to reddit
>>
>>67084340
episode 3 season 2
>>
>>67087084
It's like the opposite of level scaling
So as the characters get better, they make the zombies shittier to emphasise it
;)
>>
>it's an anon thinks he's special because he only watched the earlier seasons of a show thread

>oh, you watched the simpsons, Its always sunny, breaking bad or GoT past season 1?
>my sophisticated pallet could only handle 1 season
>i wish i could turn my brain off like you
>>
>>67087084
How are the zombies portrayed in the comics?
>>
>>67087419
Shambling bags of flesh right from the start.
>>
File: n.jpg (8 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
8 KB, 125x125
>>67087184
>The show constantly expands and improves on the comics...
>>
Episode 1 of the first season was a masterwork of television. The episode directly after it, and all the episodes of the entire series after the first episode is absolute dog shit. No exceptions.
>>
>>67086011
MOTORBIKE NEGAN WILL WIN THE NEGANBOWL
>>
>>67084340
Dropped it around they killed those Terminus guys in the church, and the very next episode they were wandering around the woods again. Again and again just green brush green brush green brush. Or maybe the episode where the dork flashback shows he isn't actually a scientist.

I don't fucking care anymore.
>>
>>67084340
season 2
watched some guvnah episodes and dropped it again
will pick it up for negan episodes
dropped the comic after "all out war" finished
>>
haven't dropped it because i'm shallow and MUH VIOLENCE and it's good for background watching while i do something else

that said, i could never take it seriously and give it 100% of my attention as if it were a Sopranos or Shield

i do like the show the most when its group of humans vs. group of humans tho, all the walker shit has gotten hella boring
>>
>>67087994
>it's good for background watching while i do something else
I don't want you to ever post in these threads again. Get the fuck off my board. You need to pay attention when you're watching dramas. If you're too plebbit for that then stick to ESPN and sitcoms.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.