[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is diabetes a thing in middle earth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: what-about-second-breakfast.png (330 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
what-about-second-breakfast.png
330 KB, 500x341
So is diabetes a thing in middle earth?
>>
They all get enough exercise to avoid Type 2, since there are no vehicles and they don't have /tv/

Probably Type 1, tho
>>
>>67082082
Implying that what they ate was filled with suggar.
Retarded fag OP.
>>
>>67082288
Diabetes is a big deal.
>>
Hobbits have a high constitution, you could argue Frodo was able to make it so far into Mordor because of it. I think diabetes is very distant in the minds of those comfy ass halflings, right next to wolves crossing the frozen brandybuck during the winter.
>>
Diabetes mainly affects minorities over whites, so no it'd be virtually unheard of
>>
>>67082906
Considering the nonwhite poulation is racing toward the majority, I'd say this is soon to be accurate.
>>
>>67082082

they ate good organic food and not processed shit, so no it didnt exist.
>>
>>67082352
4 Frodo!
>>
>>67082994
>muh majority of minorities
>>
>>67082082
They're smaller than humans, so have a higher surface area to volume ratio, so need to eat more often to maintain their body temperature
>>
>>67082352

not if you havent got it, it isnt.
>>
>>67082352
for you
>>
>be hobbit
>have die-of-sweeties

Pick one
>>
>>67082288
They ate cakes and bread and shit.
>>
>>67083405
You use salt in bread not sugar
>>
>>67083455
what about sweet bread
>>
>>67083455
Flour is very insulinogenic, not much different from sugar.
>>
>>67083405
True but see >>67082182. Hobbits were primarily farmers and tradesmen and they mostly walked everywhere.
>>
What kind of sugar do they use in Middle-earth?

Remember that this is a universe that canonically has tobacco, a plant native to the Americas.
>>
>>67083455
You do realize bread is carbohydrates, right?
>>
>>67082082
Those waistcoats and wool jackets look so fucking comfy. Love the costume designs for the movies.
>>
>>67083556
They also have potatoes which are also natives of the americas
>>
>>67084032
In the books? I don't remember.
>>
Are real-life dwarves more or less likely to have diabetes?
We need to look into this further.
>>
>>67082082

>implying Hobbits are human

>implying Hobbits don't require a steady diet of complex sugars and carbohydrates.
>>
>>67084069
Yeah, Sam's dad was especially renowned in the Shire for his potatoes.
>>
Hobbit feet look the way they do because they're all riddled with gout by 20
>>
>>67084069

PO TAY TOES
>>
>>67082999
Trips confirm Middle Earthlings shopped at Whole Foods
>>
>>67082082
silly rabbit, kids don't have diabetes
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.