[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which David Lynch film is best, and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: screenshot_63.jpg (666 KB, 1022x429) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_63.jpg
666 KB, 1022x429
Which David Lynch film is best, and why?
>>
File: p9492_p_v8_ah.jpg (258 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p9492_p_v8_ah.jpg
258 KB, 960x1440
>>67068583
It's coherent
>>
>>67068599
I was going to say that about Mulholland Drive
>>
Blue Velvet is best, Lost Highway is scariest/most unsettling
>>
Lost Highway or Eraserhead
>>
>>67068599
wtf is that poster, don't remember that in the film
>>
>>67068631
Sorry forgot the and why. BV is Lynch's most fully realized take on how Lynch views the world and its inhabitants and the hysteria that's behind what makes people tick.
>>
>>67068660
Looks Italian. A lot of the foreign posters do shit like that, esp in Europe.
>>
My personal preference is

Lost Highway > Blue Velvet > Mulholland Drive >>>>>>>>>>> everything else
>>
>>67068583
That one.
>>
you guys talking a lot about lost highway and blue velvet but the ones i usualy hear the most are always eraserhead and elephant man.

explain yourselves
i'm planning to marathon him, never watched anything
>>
>>67068583
what movie is this?
>>
>>67068583
The Elephant Man because it's the most mainstream. Also, it's the most realistic, aside from Blue Velvet, but Blue Velvet isn't mainstream.
>>
>>67069126
Marathoning Lynch is probably not a good idea.
>>
>>67069184
Lost highway.
>>
Inland empire > mulholland drive > fire walk with me > blue velvet > lost highway > Eraserhead
>>
File: dTmCZ.jpg (107 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
dTmCZ.jpg
107 KB, 1200x799
Eraserhead because it genuinely feels and looks like a nightmare and not many movies pull that off
>>
>>67069126
If you like his films, you'll also be interested in watching the Twin Peaks series.
>>
>>67069429
Wrong

Eraserhead > Lost Highway > Blue Velvet > Inland Empire > Mulholland Drive > Fire Walk With Me
>>
>>67068583
Young At Heart
>>
>>67070421
>Young At Heart
>>
I've only seen eraserhead and it was meh. All the screenshots I see posted on here make it look like Lynch took a bunch of acid and made made-for-tv quality movies.
>>
File: 1457097754881.png (529 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1457097754881.png
529 KB, 1280x800
>>67068583
At the moment I gotta say Inland Empire. I find it more unsettling compared to Lost Highway due to the way it is filmed on digital, and love the idea of the short-like stories all crammed together in a Lynchian art form.

A 3 hour feast of bizarre entertainment.

>I showed pic related to my friend randomly because he told me he wasn't afraid of horror films. He replied with "fuck you asshole". kek
>>
>>67069466
Eraserhead made me cry when he decided to kill the baby. It just really got to me and made me think of all other human beings born with birth defects and the horror, shock that not only the parents go through but also the hurting beings themselves. idk if that was one of the themes that David Lynch was playing at.
>>
>>67068583
There is honestly no wrong answer to this question. Different people take away different things from each film. Hell, no matter the film, I find myself contemplating something new on each subsequent viewing. Most of them are likely bullshit, but fuck if it doesn't make for an enjoyable watch.
>>
>>67071681
I still cannot come to the conclusion on how he changed appearance in Lost Highway.

The way I thought: he is being electrocuted at end when he is morphing and the movie is scrambled and not in order as we watch.
>>
>>67071713
It's his imagination.
>>
I'd go with Lost Highway. It's intensity, pace, and engagement make for a strong experience. However, most of his films are strong contenders.
>>
>>67071713
the movie seems to end on a loop, but the theory that Bill Pullman is essentially facing the chair for the murder of his wife and the second half, as well as the broken structure, of the film is his fractured mind attempting to cope with death and guilt.
>>
>>67071769
This. Upon realizing he is in jail for murder, it is a daydream.
>>
This is better than a fuckin' disco ball Edgar
>>
>>67071838
and if you listen to lynch's interview on the film: he says he based it on the O.J. Simpson case - how a man like O.J. could commit such a horrible murder and then be fine the next day going to play golf like it didn't happen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csT5A9SB9BA
>>
Oddly enough when The Straight Story had the "family as a bundle of stcks" metaphor it resonated with me like no other movie.
>>
>>67071235
What?
>>
File: Tenebre-3.jpg (536 KB, 2061x1460) Image search: [Google]
Tenebre-3.jpg
536 KB, 2061x1460
>>67068737
Gotta love old southern european movie posters
>>
in order

mulholland drive
blue velvet
inland empire
lost highway
the elephant man
fire walk with me
eraserhead
dune
wild at heart
the straight story
>>
Inland Empire is definitely the best
>>
>>67072554
Best ending possibly.

All those references to previous films.
>>
>>67072436
>wild at heart so low
Gettin plebby in here.
>>
>>67072436
Name sixteen things wrong with The Straight Story.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.