[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did this trilogy go off the rails? The first movie was great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (689 KB, 1218x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
689 KB, 1218x600
Where did this trilogy go off the rails? The first movie was great.
>>
The big sweaty nigger party in 2.
>>
Reloaded is solid except for the retarded sex scene and the ooga booga rave party

They ruined a perfectly solid action family movie

Everyday I remember when I watched this with my parents when I was 14

Fucking trannies ruin everything
>>
>>67060485
Oh boy, I feel you. I remember me and my dad enjoying the first one quite a lot, and then when we popped in Reloaded and it got to the negro orgy intercut with the Keanu fuck scene everything felt really awkward
>>
>What should the sequels be about?
>The first one was about the allegory of the cave, what's deeper than that?
>I know! Free will! There's tons of shit we can steal from books on that topic!
>Genius! Let's write 240 pages of nonsense about destiny and choice!
>>
>>67060575
lol the exact same thing happened to me
>>
lots of individual things that could amount to nitpicking, but basically the end of 2 (as in the last five minutes) and the majority of 3. themes and large action setpieces can only carry a movie so much if you don't offer up any explanations or nuance in the long run.
>>
>implying the end of revolutions isn't goat
>terrifying machine city
>godlike be all end all fight
>>
File: melon man.png (341 KB, 749x650) Image search: [Google]
melon man.png
341 KB, 749x650
>>67061419
>"godlike be all end all fight"
>Smeeuf chooses to fight Neo one on one when he has literally the population of the world to assist him
>mfw
>>
>>67059790
When they ran out of "deep" literature to rip off and started adding in their own agenda and beliefs.
>>
>>67060485
>>67060575
the ooga booga rave party is straight kino

whats wrong with you?
>>
>>67059790
What do you mean what happened? They made two sequels to a movie that was not supposed to have them
>>
>>67061510
>i'm too pleb to understand the movie
>>
The Matrix is still genius, 17 years later. Also a crazy obvious allegory for being trans. NEO EVEN TAKES A PILL TO START LIVING AUTHENTICALLY.
>>
>>67061510
hur hurr missing the point.
His human like traits (ego) killed him, he was vermin as well but didn't knew.
>>
After Neo takes the red film in 1 it falls apart
>>
>>67061621
>the movie is too pleb to make sense

fixed

>>67061639
And how is that significant to the rest of the narrative? It's just an asspull.
>>
>>67061687
Red pill. damn it.
>>
>>67061700
>And how is that significant to the rest of the narrative? It's just an asspull.

Not him but doesn't he give a whole speech about this in the first film?

It's clear he's not like the other agents. He actually hates humans.
>>
>>67061558
>whats wrong with you?
By the sound of things, their parents.
>>
>>67061700
>And how is that significant to the rest of the narrative? It's just an asspull.

Asspul for plebs with no imagination, logical storytelling for connaisseurs.
>>
>>67061773
Why is he suddenly going 1 vs 1 when he'd already attacked Neo as a large group of himself before? that ain't logical.
>>
>>67060660
>>67060575
Wtf, I wasn't the only one??? That was the first and only case of my parents covering my eyes in the theater. Still doesn't beat seeing girl w/ dragon tattoo with my mom when I was 23 or so, but at least I was an adult and completely shut out the fact my mom was next to me while watching a fat man force his dick into rooney
>>
>>67060485
>They ruined a perfectly solid action family movie
>tons of blood and murdering innocent security guards is family fare
>non-white people having a party with a bit of nudity makes it no longer family friendly
>>
>>67061755
Yes, but this aspect isn't referred to at any later point. Smith never gets developed as a character. He's literally just a virus, and is written as such. The sudden realization of "hurrr i'm 2human2live" is out of place and doesn't serve to rationalize anything that you see in the sequels.

>>67061773
Now I know you're just baiting.
>>
>>67059790
They took the most action-packed parts of the first one and made that the entirety of the second and third, when the only reason those heavy action scenes were so cool was because of the buildup to them. Neo was the viewer. As he learned of the Matrix and his place in it, so did the audience. The learning ended at the end of the first one, when Neo could see the Matrix and do everything. They blew their load in the first one and didn't know how to back that up. That's how I see it, anyway.

You know what series handled the concept of a "chosen one" better? Kung Fu Panda!
>>
>>67061970
>Yes, but this aspect isn't referred to at any later point. Smith never gets developed as a character. He's literally just a virus, and is written as such. The sudden realization of "hurrr i'm 2human2live" is out of place and doesn't serve to rationalize anything that you see in the sequels.

God damn this is like science fiction 101.

What would satisfy you? If he went on another monologue, explaining his exact motivations?

It was clear from the first movie. There didn't need to be any more movies, especially since they were shit, but his character kept on the same trajectory and continued to develop.
>>
>>67062092
>What would satisfy you? If he went on another monologue, explaining his exact motivations?

I'm actually satisfied with how he is treated in the end, as just being a virus that has gotten out of control. I don't actually agree with the statement that his downfall was from being "too human". That's trying to give it too much nuance.
>>
>>67061871

He absorbed the oracle and "saw" the future of him "defeating" Neo. He got cocky.
>>
>>67061510
>>67061700
He knew he was going to win because he too had "the sight" from The Oracle. He just didn't know why he was going to win. Fucking Reloaded hammered this down to the audience with a lengthy exposition.
>>
the first movie asks all the basic existential questions

the two other movies badly attempt answering those existential questions.
>>
File: 2309891-megasmith.png (967 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
2309891-megasmith.png
967 KB, 800x599
>>67059790
If I had to pick one moment when it went off the rails, it's when this guy showed up.
>>
>>67061905
>>67060485
>>67060575
>bothered by that tame ass rave scene meant to show the animal side of humanity triggered all you virgins this much
>>
>>67060417
First post is best post
>>
>>67062650
>the animal side of humanity

Is this some thinly veiled /pol/ humor?
>>
It went off the rails when they decided to make more.

I love the first film, it's one of my favourate science fiction films ever, and part of that is based on how great the ending is.

The last half an hour, right up to him hanging up the phone and flying off to wake up by ratm is pretty much perfect, it wraps everything up nicely whilst still leaving a little bit of the story unanswered.
>>
>>67062562
>dat product placement
>>
>>67059790
3 wasn't that bad, but the dialogue was cheesy as fuck.
>>
>>67064072
The dialogue was always cheesy
>follow the white rabbit

They just talked less or in short bursts in the first one. In the later movies, they had exposition dumps that highlighted its cheesiness.
>>
The Wachowskis managed to actually exit the Matrix. The trannies are proxies created by the program.
>>
>>67062562
I just watched the movies two months ago, why don't I remember this?
>>
>>67065330
because it didn't happen
>>
>>67065330
It was the final boss of path of neo. The wachowskis show up as pixilated versions of themselves and say that since people complained about the ending of revolutions they gave the game a videogamey final boss battle
>>
>>67060417
Yup. That's exactly where they stopped showing, and started "explaining". Audiences don't like being preached-to.
>>
>>67061969
>idk why violence is okay but sex is not!! It's just the human body guys what's the big deal??

I want this tryhard "European sensibilities" meme to die. I'm sorry the you have no respect for for the Christian values western civilization was built upon but shut the fuck up about it.
>>
File: 1454395291421.gif (2 MB, 345x259) Image search: [Google]
1454395291421.gif
2 MB, 345x259
>>67065955
>killing people is a-ok!
>unwed sex is not!
>>
>>67066298
I know you're trolling, but who in the world thinks that killing people is not fine?

It's "thou shall not kill with bloodguilt" or "thou shall not murder", not "thou shalt not kill". Of course you're allowed to kill. We don't live in a Batman comic.
>>
>>67066298
Just because one can be more extreme than the other doesn't mean the other thing is less worse than justified aspect of the former.

Killing justifably is better than unjustifiable sex.
>>
I just have a really hard time caring about anything Zion related at all and they feature so much of it in Reloaded and even more in Revolutions. Zion was much better when it was a mythical place known to the characters, but unknown to the viewer. Whatever you imagine Zion to be is the best place for humans outside of the Matrix and why they would choose it over the comfort and ignorant bliss of the Matrix. I mean, it shouldn't be perfect or else that one dude in the first movie would not have a motive for betraying them, but Zion's exact nature should've been left up for the viewer to imagine.
>>
When second Second Renaissance and Animatrix in general did a better job at world building. Not that most of the shorts weren't underdeveloped or stupid as fuck conceptually. Matriculated is the only one to really have some depth.
>>
when it got all philosophical and shit
it was an action movie with a neat concept
then they want all religion messiah and whatever the fuck the architect scene was
>>
>>67059790
>>67059790
>Where did this trilogy go off the rails?
>The first movie was great.
You literally answered your own question.
>>
When the Wachowski sisters tried to expand the world. Being stuck in the Matrix was fine.
>>
>>67071361
>Wachowski sisters
every time
>>
>>67060485
THERE WAS SEX MIXED MY VIOLENCE!!!1111
how could they Anon?
>>
>>67059790

The first one wasn't that great either. It was just an edgy wish fulfillment fantasy mixed with some babby-tier philosophy. It was cool at the time, but nothing else.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.