[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will China change Hollywood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: dakota siwon_01.jpg (38 KB, 592x604) Image search: [Google]
dakota siwon_01.jpg
38 KB, 592x604
China is now the owner of the largest movie theater chain the US. Whenever you hear X movie made $384859393920 at the box office, almost 60% of that goes to the theater owners/distributors. This news comes right after a Chinese company bought Legendary Picture (who made Jurassic World, Pacific Rim, etc).

How will China's control of Hollywood change it? Pic related becuase it is a Chinese man marrying an American actress.
>>
BIG
>>
>>67057386
>China is now the owner of the largest movie theater chain the US

Link :
http://www.wsj.com/articles/amc-entertainment-buy-carmike-cinemas-1457050915
>>
no I think a whole lot of that goes to their American employees
>>
It's a slippery slope
>>
The bigger news is that Chinese movie theaters are going to surpass American ones in revenue very soon. It will be the first time in history that the US isn't the largest market.
>>
It will change nothing, unless they want to kill their investment.
>>
I realize that Disney/Marvel is at the forefront of chinashilling, but I found it really weird that the Black detective living in San Francisco was drinking Yakult while working in a jail.
>>
Just a friendly reminder that Dakota Fanning doesn't date ASIAN GUYS before this thread turns into another /pol/ thread that is untouched.

Just trying to keep it /tv/ related
>>
>The State Administration for Press Publication Radio Film and Television said this week that it was investigating the box office takings of “Ip Man 3,” which scored over $70 million at the weekend amid. The distributor has been accused of bulk buying of tickets to the film, while Chinese media have reported ‘ghost screenings’ of the film with abnormally high ticket prices at unusual times of day. SAPPRFT said that it has asked cinemas and online ticketing services for information.
>Though now under scrutiny, insiders say bulk buying has been an under-the-radar practice by Chinese companies to get a leg up in a market which in February reached $1.05 billion, overtaking North American ticket sales by almost $250 million for the month
>If cheating is revealed, it would not be the first time that distributors have been caught massaging the figures. Last year one of the distributors of record breaker “Monster Hunt” was forced to apologize after bulk buying. Other well-known scams include hand writing film titles over a ticket issued in the name of a film being illicitly promoted, and bundling refreshments as part of the ticket price.

The China bubble will take Hollywood down with it.
>>
>>67057611
we all know already

Theres some virginal 5'5" Kim Jong trying to swing a 1 inch penis around here.
>>
File: Dakota-Fanning-1879423.jpg (1 MB, 2446x3668) Image search: [Google]
Dakota-Fanning-1879423.jpg
1 MB, 2446x3668
>>67057611
an image might help
what with this being an image board and all
>>
everyone forgets that hollywood must go down in order to have a second golden age of western cinema
>>
OP gets nervous when he hears someone say micropenis

THEY CANT POSSIBRY KNOW
>>
>>67057386
>Whenever you hear X movie made $384859393920 at the box office, almost 60% of that goes to the theater owners

ahahahhahahah no.
>>
>>67057957
>ahahahhahahah no.

LOL at your lack of knowledge of the movie business. Go to the below website, scroll all the way down :

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

"On average, studios earn approximately 55 percent of the final gross."
>>
>>67057386
C H I N K E D
>>
>>67057742
>you will never see Dakota get plowed by a 6'4 stud

Fuuug
>>
>>67057957
dat chink state propoganda

they arent even supposed to know of most of these movies they are , but they have rich people law exemptions for morality.
>>
>>67057386
that guy is Korean AKA white
>>
>>67057856
The chinks are the biggest plebs ever
Not a single contribution to art in however many thousands of years
>>
File: siwon_mv4pbcT5US1s9x9p6o7_500.jpg (87 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
siwon_mv4pbcT5US1s9x9p6o7_500.jpg
87 KB, 498x750
>>67058084
>that guy is Korean AKA white
Look up his imdb, all the movie and tv shows he has done in the few years have been Chinese productions including Jackie Chan's Dragon Blade.
>>
>>67058002
Do you know how much it costs to run a movie theater?
>>
>>67057386
>always another race with a white woman

Why can't you turds just stick to your own people and forget about having a status symbol.

It's pathetic.
>>
>>67057386

YELLOWED
>>
>>67058084

jfc you guys are pathetic, claiming every bit of ounce to being white. Obama is half white guys when he does something nice but calls him a nigger when he fails

jfc you whites are pathetic lol
>>
>>67058002
>studios
>>
>>67057692
how is this profitable?
>>
>>67058136
>born in Korea
>in a Korean boy band
>Last acting credit was a Korean drama
>Currently serving in the Korean police
>>
>>67058280
If it does well when it opens it gets more attention
>>
>>67057742
i know thats you andy, nice disguise
>>
>>67058002

no. I actually worked in a theater, lets say a movie ticket costs a dollar only 10c ends up on the theater, they only make money on concessions

so please don't bring foods in the theater hellp your local theater out
>>
>>67058223
a white person cant be largely black dumbfuck
>>
>>67058079
That dude is 5'10" at best
>>
>>67057692
They do the same things with their educational institutions

a race of cheats and knock off products
>>
>>67058079
but that guy is an awkward lanklet
>>
>>67058002
>LOL at your lack of knowledge of the movie business. Go to the below website, scroll all the way down :
>http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
>"On average, studios earn approximately 55 percent of the final gross."

LOL I work in the industry.

The "Studio" gets closer to 70%-80%.

On paper the studio might only get 45%-55%. The distributor will take 15% a dozen other small companies take a little bite. And all of them are owned by the same parent company.

Theater's cut is on a sliding scale. Smaller cut on opening night, bigger cut the longer the movie runs for. Different contracts for different movies. Theaters would be lucky to get 15% on opening night for a tent pole movie, with a 10% bump for every week its out. On average it works out to be something like 20%
>>
>>67058469

bunch of angry beta white boys. AM-WF is the new trend. are you mad that we're taking your women? yeah stay mad
>>
>>67058688
I dont see it on twitter

I see WF saying short men should all kill themselves
>>
>>67058738

>his world revolves around twitter

pathetic
>>
Reminder that while Asians can do action, they can never excel in drama. You need expressive faces and eyes; their faces don't move and you can barely see their eyes.
>>
>>67058783
then tell me where you see WF saying they want asian males?

you always try to compensate
>>
>>67058953

that's racist
>>
>>67058964
>then tell me where you see WF saying they want asian males?

Twitter - Search for Asian boys

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=asian%20boys&src=typd
>>
Watch this shitty Chinese pirate movies. It's pretty much Asian Pirates of the Caribbean. Even has a Jack Sparrow character. At the end of the film. Get a paragraph if text like everything was a true story.
>>
>>67059279
which movie is that?
>>
Legendary paid for 1/5 of Jurassic World's budget. It didn't exactly make the movie though
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.