[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top Gun 2 >Given that Tom Cruise is 53 years old, what would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: tom-cruise-top-gun-maverick.jpg (75 KB, 656x323) Image search: [Google]
tom-cruise-top-gun-maverick.jpg
75 KB, 656x323
Top Gun 2

>Given that Tom Cruise is 53 years old, what would be an appropriate role for him? Admiral of a carrier group?
>Does the whole patriotic, gung-ho, "America's Navy is the bestest", true professionals message of Top Gun still work in this day and age?
>Should it stick with a simple plot of "let's remember we're pros and go bomb ISIS" or something deeper and more complex?
>>
>>67053654
They'll probably be piloting drones
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>67053777
Trips confirm
Also Eric Roberts will be in it
>>
>>67053777

I believe the last time it was brought up the plot was whether manned aircraft were still necessary in an age of drones, so basically the movie would've been Macross Plus
>>
All gay squadron. It's time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNR_HofJ_Fs
>>
Unfortunately, I think it'll be turned into an over-the-top action flick, similar to what happened with the MI series.
>>
>>67053654
>Does the whole patriotic, gung-ho, "America's Navy is the bestest", true professionals message of Top Gun still work in this day and age?

It will be about the fight of a transnigger furry otherkin plurigendered multisexual hero to be accepted in the air force
>>
>>67054044

Dubs doesn't give you the right to be this fucking retarded.
>>
>>67054079
Singles don't give you the right to insult your betters
>>
File: dangerzone.jpg (73 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
dangerzone.jpg
73 KB, 500x288
Okay, bear with me here. Let me know what you really think:

>Carrier group operating operatingly, patriotism, Kenny Loggins music, etc.
>Zoom in on commander wearing "Air Boss" vest and commanding the carrier deck. Someone brings him coffee
>We see it's Maverick, in the role of ship's captain, and hating it
>young buck pilot and his plucky co-pilot do a flyby, spilling Maverick's coffee (flashbacks all around durrhurr)
>Maverick yells at young bucks, dismisses them, commander walks in and tells Maverick "you'll never make admiral that way, I remember a young pilot..."
>Maverick laughs and confesses he hates the desk -- shadows of Captain Kirk as admiral here.
>Admiral arrives, tells Maverick his new drone program is up and coming
>heartwarming speech about professional navy pilots, etc.
>shit goes down. Action scene
>young buck pilot loses his co-pilot.
>Returns to base
>Maverick has to step up and replace co-pilot "to show him how it's done" (this part might need a little work)
>more action, mission accomplished
>Return to carrier
>Young buck goes off to Top Gun
>Maverick presides over retirement ceremony of carrier, air show time, with lots of civilians and media. Maverick goes up in new aircraft "to see what all the fuss is about"
>Aliens attack Earth
>Maverick is in the air while aliens are attacking, is forced towards the ground, loses control of new aircraft
>Flight tower tells him "go to configuration B"
>Macross saga begins
>>
>>67053654
>appropriate role for him
He'll take over as Jester (or Viper).
>>
>>67055529
This probably. The first film ended with Maverick leaving to be an instructor at Top Gun. The plot will probably involve drones and Maverick getting back into an F-14 to prove that a real human bean trumps a drone or something like that.
>>
>>67055975
>2020
>US air defence is totally unmanned
>Maverick is living on a farm in the midwest
>evil moslem commie nazi Ruskies jam the air defence network and hijack the drones, causing untold chaos
>as the enemy closes in, Admiral Val Kilmer turns up to ask Maverick for help
>shots of F-14s being taken out of mothballs in remote bases
>long shot of Maverick walking to a Tomcat, DANGER ZONE starts playing
>America wins
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 317x536) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 317x536
>>67053654
There is no way a top gun film would be allowed today

Remember its racist to be patriotic for some reason
>>
>>67056399
I'd really like to see this happen.
>>
>>67053654
Head of an air wing on the carrier. The same role the Tom Skerritt had. If he is an admiral, he wouldn't be leading anyone flying.
>>
>>67053777
>F-35B
>female marine pilot
>muh empowerment speech before every flight
>feminist one-liner every time she scores a kill
>ball-busting her maintenance crew 24/7
>meets some hot chad on tinder, swipes left because she's too good for him, but he chases her like a betacuck
>female rival pilot gets killed in freak accident
>muh sisterhood
>muh emotions
>fight back tears at graduation
>President Trump starts nuclear crisis "because of course he did"
>supersonic furball against misogynistic enemy, but not Muslim since that would be racist
>fox 1, beep beep beep beep beep, fox 2, splash patriarchy
>wymyn stronk
>chad hugs her in a non-possessive non-objectifying manner as credits roll
>>
File: 1451178276374.png (33 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
1451178276374.png
33 KB, 917x1186
Whatever it is, I honestly hope it is terrible enough for everyone to finally stop quoting the 30 fucking year old shitty original simply because I work in aviation and its "funny".
>>
File: 1354489783609.jpg (22 KB, 409x383) Image search: [Google]
1354489783609.jpg
22 KB, 409x383
>becoming an Admiral through the Aviation wing
>>
File: 1449766798571.jpg (50 KB, 600x472) Image search: [Google]
1449766798571.jpg
50 KB, 600x472
>>67056399
>Admiral Val Kilmer turns up to ask Maverick for help
>>
>>67053838
What will be his callsign?
>>
>>67056776
pretty accurate. Just add in a BLACKED sex scene and you got yourself a IMBD 9/10 masterpiece.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.