[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think about the hobbit series? did you like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: The-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey.jpg
548 KB, 1920x1080
what do you think about the hobbit series? did you like it?
>>
Proof that LotR was a fluke and Jackson is a hack.
>>
>>67048300
lightning can only strike so many times, it wasnt horrid but there also wasnt much potential either with it being split into a trilogy soo we got the best we really couldve gotten and jackson like lucas was a smarter and much more guided filmaker and lotr was anything but a fluke>>67048359
>>
Shill with more subtlety
>>
>>67048300
Too long
Would've preferred Del Torro's 2 movie version
>>
>>67048300
I watched a 4 hours fanedit and it was fine. Not as good as LOTR, but serviceable
>>
Didn't like it. Wanted it to be more focused on the characters and the friendship between them.

I nearly burst out laughing at the end when they asked him who Thorin was and he said his friend, it felt so forced.
>>
File: thehobbitwasamistake.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
thehobbitwasamistake.webm
2 MB, 854x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
>>
the first movie was good. The other two not so much.
>>
>watchig the third movie
>literally just jump forward multiple times to get the big picture of what happens

I had no earthly desire to actually watch that shit in its entirety.
>>
Obvious Franchise Milking: The trilogy
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JD1P6qn_s
>>
I liked parts of the first two but the 3rd one bored me. Even my mom didn't like it.
>>
An Unexpected Journey was a solid enough start imo. The scenes in the Shire, the stuff with Gollum, and the overall fun, lighthearted tone. Not perfect, but I enjoyed it. It was a decent setup to what I had hoped would be better things.

Then they totally blew it on the next two, and what little quality there was came to a startling halt.

Apparently it was originally only supposed to be two movies and studio pressure made them split it into three partway into production.

You can fucking tell.
>>
when this Jar Jar has more screen time and dialog than Bilbo then you know its a shit fucking movie.
>>
File: alfrid lickspittle.png (345 KB, 700x324) Image search: [Google]
alfrid lickspittle.png
345 KB, 700x324
>>67049295

forgot pic *derp*

but he has 15 minutes in the final movie, what the actual fuck.
>>
>>67049195
good thing fanedits exist
>>
>>67048811
>>67049195

this
>>
I didn't like it, but I can respect jackson for getting his money
>>
i thought the first one was bad but not terrible, like i could accept it. the 2 after were literally retarded. Gandalf was shooting out magical blasts n shit like he was straight out of warcraft, there was too many characters and not enough screentime. forced romance between the elf and dwarf mitchell.
also all the garbage cgi and overly long scenes, there was no reason for the barrel part to be 30 fucking minutes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.