[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New Predator Movie Call it The Predator >New Ghostbuster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: 3007111-btfszixdtcvy7acra80u.jpg (175 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
3007111-btfszixdtcvy7acra80u.jpg
175 KB, 800x800
>New Predator Movie
Call it The Predator
>New Ghostbuster Movie
Call it Ghostbusters
>New Bourne Movie
Call it Jason Bourne
>New Ring Movie
Call it Rings

When will Hollywood fuck off with these unoriginal titles.
>>
File: Rings_(2016_film)_poster.jpg (5 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
Rings_(2016_film)_poster.jpg
5 KB, 210x300
Nothing says scary horror movie like the pingu font.
>>
>>67041559
>Have franchise
>Capitalise on brand recognition
I know man, it's sodumb. They should totally give them names that don't even imply the original property.
>>
>>67041660
gonna name the sequels the exact same thing too? like whoa The Predator, a sequel The Predator...
>>
>>67041724
Predator: The Subtitle

Oh wow, this is hard...
>>
>>67041660
Yeah because if they called the movie The Bourne Betrayal instead of Jason Bourne then people wouldn't recognise the brand. Kill yourself autist.
>>
>>67041753
and you couldn't do this in the first place, why? oh wait, i guess it is that hard after all.
>>
>>67041773
'The Bourne Betrayal' sounds like part of the original continuity.
'Jason Bourne' sounds like a reboot.
Is JB a reboot or same continuity?
>>
The Avengers Assemble: Captain America vs Iron Man: Hulk's Escape: Part I in 3D and IMAX
>>
>>67041838
These are reboots, I'm guessing.
Adding a subtitle implies a sequel or continuation.
>>
>>67041559
Because they are now selling their movies to China instead of US. So they have to dumb everything down and make things easy for those gooks to process
>>
>>67041559
I hope they cast someone better than Adrien Brody as the lead
>>
>>67041890
The Predator, Jason Bourne and Rings are all sequels. Ghostbusters is the only one which isn't (I think anyway, the trailer did say "30 years ago..." so maybe it's a soft sequel).
>>
>>67041846
>Reboot
>Literally everything in the trailer says otherwise
>Why is JB back again
>I remember everything now
>>
>>67041952
>>67041973
Oh... They're not even Soft Reboots? Really...?
>>
>>67041932
I actually think he's a pretty good actor but ginormous nose is destracting.
>>
File: tonypajamas.jpg (39 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
tonypajamas.jpg
39 KB, 500x374
>>67041559
They give those films those kind of names because all of those films there are either hard or soft reboots. They do this because the films have been out of the public limelight for a long enough time for the majority of people to have somewhat forgotten about those films so calling something Ring: The Subtitle would imply that it's a continuation of the Ring films and most people would be hesitant to see it since it's been so long since they've seen Ring/Ring 2. This way they sort of "trick" the public into thinking they're new hard-rebooted films (only Ghostbusters is in this list) and it makes people more comfortable into the idea of "jumping back into" the franchise. It also gives the studio a way of giving the franchise a bit of a refresh, even if it's not a hard-reboot as is the case of Predator, Bourne, and Rings.

This isn't a complicated idea.
>>
File: what nightmares are made of.png (83 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
what nightmares are made of.png
83 KB, 414x317
>>67041600
noot noot, motherfucker
>>
I agree completely, but its not like Shane Black isn't already used to copying ideas almost identically
>>
>>67042086
Yeah everyone get's the reasoning retard, thanks for wasting your time explaining something everyone knew. That doesn't still mean it isn't lazy. They called the new Jurassic Park movie Jurassic World, they didn't call it The Jurassic Park. Even though the movie itself was shit, that's how you do a reboot/soft sequel title.
>>
>>67041559
Better than Predator: Retribution or something.
>>
>>67042412
You coming up with a shit title doesn't make The Predator a good title.
>>
They do it so when people are searching for the franchise on google the first thing that comes up is the newest film
>>
>>67042372
but you cant do that with everything
>>
>>67042372
Except Jurassic World was called that because the park itself had that name, otherwise they definitely would have called it Jurassic Park. The title in Jurassic World reflects a part of the film itself. It's not ridiculous to assume that this wasn't the same case in the other listed films and so giving it that "reboot" title was the smarter choice. The fact that you think this is a bad idea shows you shouldn't work in marketing. You can't come up with a unique title for Predator without tacking on a subtitle which then implies sequel and scares people off.
>>
>>67042412
Nothing is wrong with a subtitle (as long as they don't get an idiot like you to come up with it). Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was fine, and 100 times better than The Mission Impossible.
>>
they should have just called it
>yautja
>>
>>67042457
Yes you can if you have a half-decent creative team.
>>
>>67042372
>I understand it, but I will show you how I dont understand it
>>
>>67042543
Give us a Predator title then
>>
>>67041724
>>67041753
They should do it like anime and just add more punctuation marks.
>The Predator
>The Predator!
>The Predator!!
>The Predator!!!
>>
File: 1388831141423.jpg (147 KB, 625x492) Image search: [Google]
1388831141423.jpg
147 KB, 625x492
>>67042372
>Predator World
>Ghostbusters World
>The Bourne World
>Ring World

You're right, that's much better.
>>
>>67042490
>Jurassic World was called that because the park itself had that name

You know it's not a real park and they could have called it and the movie anything, right?
>>
>>67041868
Disney's Marvel's The Avengers Assemble: Captain America vs Iron Man: Hulk's Escape: Part I in 3D and IMAX (also available in 2D)
>>
>>67041559
Would it be too crazy to call it Predator 3 ?
I dont get why nobody puts numbers in their franchise anymore.
>>
>>67042490
>The title in Jurassic World reflects a part of the film itself. It's not ridiculous to assume that this wasn't the same case in the other listed films and so giving it that "reboot" title was the smarter choice

You are 100% autistic. Adding a 'The' infront of a movie or an 's' at the end is cheap and lazy. Jurassic World reflects part of the movie, just like Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol reflect part of the movie, i.e. it can be done with any movie. And guess what, Ghost Protocol made half a billion dollars.
>>
>>67042827
>3

That's insanely confusing.
>>
>>67042546
Stay salty that you wrote half a paragraph of autism.
>>
>>67042774
Fucking this. I honestly can't tell if that guy is trolling or just plain stupid.
>>
I can already imagine it. Movie is shit, whoops better wait another 4 years so we can release
>The Predators
>>
>>67042827
Predator 2 is frowned on and Predator 3 is called Predators
>>
>>67042854
I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said that perhaps for those movies there wasn't a good way for it to be done so they settled with the generic title. Did you actually read what I typed?
>>
>tfw a video game has the best Predator title
>>
>>67042888
good, good
stay ignorant
>>
>>67042943
fuck that game was so good
>>
>>67042943
Crysis?
>>
>>67042927
There is always a way, Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation, etc. Unless you think the movies won't have a plot.

Also, best title coming through
>>
>>67043001
I think he means Predator: Concrete Jungle.
>>
>>67042943
Predator: Lost in New York?
>>
>>67042943
There was a cancelled game called Alien: Crucible by Obsidian. My friend actually worked on the game and I'm still mad it got cancelled because it sounded great from what he told me.
>>
>>67043003
Just because there's a way doesn't mean it's a good way. You have no clue of the plot details of those films to pull a solid subtitle out of. For all you know the plot in Rings has jack shit so the alternative would've been Ring 3: Return of Samara or Ring 3D.
>>
>>67041600
I'm sure people would rather watch Kayako vs Sadako.
>>
>>67043113
We can look to the past and determine this is bullshit. Almost anything has a plot which has segments that can be picked up on and used to make a good subtitle. Hell, I'll give you an example of a good subtitle where they don't even use any real plot point - Alien Isolation. Or would you have preferred 'The Alien'?
>>
>>67041559
didn't know the new Bourne was already confirmed, nice
also Shane Black for the Predator, might b good
>>
>>67043443
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBnmKOixDM
>>
>1972: The Godfather
>1974: The Godfather: Age of an Empire
>1990: The Godfathers
>>
>>67043515
dayum Matt got swole for this
>>
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.