[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking loved this, the nongender thing, the blood, the universe,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: starshittrooper.jpg (44 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
starshittrooper.jpg
44 KB, 333x500
I fucking loved this, the nongender thing, the blood, the universe, etc. What are your thoughts?
>>
Watch the anime OVA
>>
>>67017103
BUENOSERAS WAS A FALSE FLAG, HUMAN SCUM KILLING INSECT WHO USED TO BE KANGZ

#BUGLIVESMATTER
>>
Read the novel. Seriously, that's an excellent book, with great world building and highly interesting concepts.
Even if you disagree with its politics (which is likely), it's a great piece of science fiction.
>>
>>67017273
ASTEROIDS CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS
>>
>>67017125
>>67017284

Honestly it's a such a comfy sci-fi world, it's everything I ever wanted. Glad to know that there is much more than the movies, I hope the anime has a decent animation
>>
>>67017103
it's pmt the best space opera movie out there
combined with the coming of age theme and the 90s feel it's a fav of mine
>>
>>67017548
>I hope the anime has a decent animation
It kind of does, but it's also a separate adaptation of the novel that came out way before the movie (1988), so there's not that much similarity. It does have the heavy powered armour from the novel, though, which the movie omitted.

However, there's also a CG animated show from 1999 that was sort of based on the movie, called Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles. It's not bad, from what I've seen, even though it looks kinda crappy.

It should also be noted that the movie is actually meant as a satire of the novel, because Paul Verhoeven found reading it to be "depressing" and so decided to make fun of it and its pro-military message (even though the book was not pro-war).
It's really a highly influential book, inspiring things like Aliens, Warhammer 40k, StarCraft and pretty much everything else even remotely using the concept of space marines.
>>
>>67017825

>because Paul Verhoeven found reading it to be "depressing" and so decided to make fun of it and its pro-military message (even though the book was not pro-war).

Yeah, I read that on IMDB. That kind of makes Paul a hack, but if he wanted to make the movie anti-war he failed miserably, because by the end of it all that I wanted to do was join the Starship Troopers.

I agree with him that it is depressing, Flowers dying made me more upset than Han Solo dying. Maybe I will check out the novel, thanks bro.
>>
>>67017103
First 2 acts are so fucking good, literally dies in the ass in the third.
>>
>>67017103
>"Even children are doing their part!"
>kids in a kitchen squashing cockroaches on the ground

fucking kek
>>
>>67018372

Yeah I thought the ending was a little weird, that random dude "Zimm" getting the brain bug and shit, maybe they didn't wanna Rico to be the ultimate badass yet, but felt weird.
>>
>>67017125
Fuck yes. It's the best adaptation of the book, in my opinion. Maintains the general feel while presenting an interesting take on the universe. Plus it has a bitchin intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfbBcrGetVg
>>
>>67018546
I hate to tell you, but that intro is far from bitchin'
>>
>>67018786
Ah come on, it's pure 80's goodness.
>>
File: thanks.gif (487 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
thanks.gif
487 KB, 500x279
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.