[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how is this movie bad? What a cinematic masterpiece! Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: suckerpunch1031.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3719) Image search: [Google]
suckerpunch1031.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3719
So how is this movie bad? What a cinematic masterpiece! Is it because it's a pro feminism movie?
>>
dont feminists hate this movie though?
>>
Everything about the plot is so disconnected and disjointed in a way that all the action scenes have no stake or tension, a fact that is amplified by the terrible physics, and considering all the movie has going for it past the first 10 minute or so is action...
>>
File: 124654987987645654.jpg (121 KB, 439x476) Image search: [Google]
124654987987645654.jpg
121 KB, 439x476
>3DPD trying to act like 2D
>>
>>67014637

Pro feminism? You're a fucking retard. This movie was literally Hot Chicks in Sexy Costumes Do Unrealistic Fight Sequences. The whole thing was aimed at anime and video game fans, aka adolescent boys. You apparently wouldn't know a pro feminist movie if it bit you on the ass.

As for the movie being bad, it was enjoyable as a fun action popcorn flick and didn't pretend to be anything more. So it was good for what it was.
>>
>>67015134
>didn't pretend to be anything more

but it did, that's the real reason it was terrible.
>>
I always figured it was a movie about making movies, with the girls representing scripts or concepts that have to woo investors and shit, until the final product gets gutted/brain dead for the public.
>>
It's complete cinema kino
>>
>>67014637
>pro feminism

Hah. I enjoyed the film in as much as the action sequences were cool and the bitches were hot. The reason people hate it so much is that when it first came out the waifufags jumped on it (as it was almost entirely aimed at them) and preached about how deep and meaningful and symbolic it was, when it was just pulp shit. People wouldn't shit on it as much if they weren't tricked into expecting more than the film actually had to offer.
>>
>>67015199

If you expected more then it was your own fault, not the movie's. How can you watch a trailer with anime style live action fight sequences and think you're getting anything more than a fanboy fantasy movie?
>>
>>67014637
It is bad because the plot was utter shit. People had high hopes for it but it turned out to be crap.
I could barely make it through half of the movie.
>>
>>67015199
This.

It's a shallow, dumb and exploitative movie that thinks it's a profound, innovative and subversive masterpiece merely masquerading as a shallow, dumb and exploitative movie.

Whatever ambitions it had to express some deep message where rendered entirely moot by virtue of it being executed terribly, directed by a retard who fancies himself a brilliant auteur.
>>
ITT: everyone either gets 2deep4u'd or doesn't realize they were the target, or both
>>
>>67014637
>pro feminism movie?

How is this pro feminist when they are dressed as the sluttiest sluts on the planet and they prostitute themselves?
>>
I was deeply embarrassed for everyone involved in this movie. I just had this deep feeling of shame for even watching.
>>
File: Snyder.png (730 KB, 854x726) Image search: [Google]
Snyder.png
730 KB, 854x726
>>67014637
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 832x584) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 832x584
>>67015759
>loli
>>
>>67015658
According to Zack Snyder, that was part of the intended (and completely botched) "subversive" element of the movie. His idea was to lure shallow teenagers/geeks/weebs into the theater with the promise T&A and effects-filled animu battle sequences, only to then present them some "deep" and "emotional" story and "tragic" characters, thus subverting their expectations and shaming them for expecting some waifu shit.
And he failed miserably.
>>
>>67015910
Topkek, not sure if he said that just to save face or what, because the movie has no deeper message at all.
>>
File: 1448827816468.png (609 KB, 547x503) Image search: [Google]
1448827816468.png
609 KB, 547x503
>>67015759
always
>>
>>67015759
>Would you say the film is a critique on sexist geek culture?

>It is, absolutely. I find it interesting, in a lot of ways, that this movie – of all the movies I’ve made – has been universally hated by fanboys, which I find really interesting. It’s like a fanboy indictment, in some ways. They can’t have fun with the geek culture sexual hang ups.

http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/interview-zack-snyder-on-the-sexuality-and-world-of-sucker-punch.php
>>
File: 1457660597622.jpg (187 KB, 1200x602) Image search: [Google]
1457660597622.jpg
187 KB, 1200x602
>>67015759
>>
>>67015910

if any of that is even remotely true then he deserves his disgrace for playing some kind of childish social experiment when he's supposed to be making a movie.

there has to be some reason behind such an awful creation.
>>
>>67015991
Does he think fanboy means neckbeard or something?
>>
>>67014637
didn't you post this yesterday?

I don't care if you're trying to force it as a meme because I like the film but why would you want to force it as a meme? Would you like help forcing it? What's your IRC?
>>
>>67016198
I think he meant the geeky type of guy who likes looking at scantily clad women in comics, movies and anime, but I'm honestly not sure.
>>
>>67016380
So a neckbeard, then.

Calling them fanboys is retarded because fanboy is relative to what someone is a fan of. Someone can be a Gilmore Girls fanboy, or a Girls fanboy, or a fucking Anita Whoeverthefuck fanboy. Surely my little Snyder can't be this normie.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.