[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>~0,6 million viewers per episode Is this considered a flop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: Vinyl.jpg (139 KB, 1600x884) Image search: [Google]
Vinyl.jpg
139 KB, 1600x884
>~0,6 million viewers per episode

Is this considered a flop? I've heard hbo has ordered another season of this. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>66997911
It's great. Plebs just can't into it
>>
If you didnt get enough Scorsese voice over from Narcos, this series got you covered.
>>
I didn't like the pilot but it has grown on me
>>
>>66998218
There was only voice over in the beginning of the pilot though
>>
it's horrid, I really like the reconstructions of live performances that I've grown up idolising.

But par Juno Temple who is only in it a little bit, there is literally no likeable characters
>>
I'm waiting until they've finished the current season and marathon it.

discussions on /tv/ have lead me to believe it had a fair amount of establishing to do in the early stages of the show but it has since found its legs and is focusing on a main character as well as finally making good on providing bitching music.
>>
>>66997911
Honestly it just doesn't look interesting. Seems like a very safe period drama.
>>
>all those wasted royalties on songs every 5 minutes just so you know it's set in the 70's
>>
Every HBO series is the same so why bother watching more than one of them?

Netflix, Amazon and Hulu cornered the market for "good TV" and soon HBO will be left sucking VICE's cock and showing reruns of old Curb episodes. The golden age of HBO is over.
>>
>it's a Bobby Cannavale says "It's rock n' roll!" episode
>>
I was hoping they'd let this actor go in a different direction, but of course they had to get him into a coked up shit fit so he could act his typecast "crazy".

It's banal drudgery of the period so far. I don't give a shit either way at this point.
>>
nobody cares about rock music anymore
>>
File: OW.png (168 KB, 813x473) Image search: [Google]
OW.png
168 KB, 813x473
>it's an Olivia Wilde gets BLACKED episode
>>
>>66998781

>it's a Olivia Wilde has a meltdown episode
>>
>>66998781
>>66998892
It's an old men masturbating to how cool the 70s were episode.
>>
>>66998820
I hope he gets jailed by the end of the season and the next one will be focused on Ray Romano's character
>>
>>66997911
It's 20 years late. The ideal audience would have been the younger babyboomers and the older genexers, in the 1990s, not now.

>Year 2016
>making a show about the 70s rock music production scene.
>DUDE WHACKY 70S LMAO

No.
>>
>>66998856
is there a sex scene?
>>
>>66999195
>being this wrong
>>
>no character that doesn't piss you off
>overlong annoying music bits to remind you its the 70s
>whats this show about anyway
>muh drugs and sex
>>
>>66999379
>being a shill
>>
>>66999379

he's absolutely right. I was watching thinking, "I'm old and even I don't give a shit about this era". They're targeting people in their 40s and 50s and a few shitbox hipsters who think they're special.
>>
>>66999467

>no character

Not even Lester Grimes?
>>
>>66997911
still more than the shit-tier leftovers get and its gonna get 3 seasons.

hopefully HBO will bite the bullet and just cancel this show.
>>
>>66999195
>>66999513
That's like saying Mad Men only targets people alive during the 60's. Fucking retards. Admit that you're just /mu/ faggots who gets triggered by 'muh dadrock'
>>
>>66999838

Mad men had a premise and characters that were unique and interesting based on their relative lack of knowledge with the subject.

Everyone and their retarded cousin is into music and considers themselves an 'expert'. Couple that with the most generic supporting cast you can assemble and this show is headed nowhere. Juno Temple isn't enough to save this predictable bowl of oatmeal.
>>
>>66999927
You're the guy who always come into Vinyl threads and bitch despite having only seen one episode, right?
>>
>>66999838
It's not the same, moron, because the intent, and the execution, of both shows are completely different. "Mad Men" is a drama set in the 60s, "Vinyl" is a glib melodrama attempting a simulacrum of the 70s.
>>
No one watches HBO anymore
>>
>>66999957

Seen em all, first time posting about the show. Last episode the depressed jew sent his steak and eggs back for being too raw.
>>
>>66999957
Please regale us with the legend of how this show magically stop being a lazy reheated piece of shit after its first two hours.
>>
>>66999959
>"Vinyl" is a glib melodrama attempting a simulacrum of the 70s.

Thought I was the only one. When I saw The Velvets, Nico, Andy Warhol, and Lou Reed trotted out all in one episode that we were fucked.
>>
Someone needs to stop giving Terence Winter work
>>
>>67000186
It's supremely obvious after five minutes that this show is a poorly made nostalgia driven wank fest. The people defending it are largely shills and those with the viewing comprehension of an average /tv/ denizen.
>>
>>66998191
low ratings = pleb for not watching

high ratings = pleb for watching

/tv
>>
>>67000810

/tv/ - reductio ad absurdum.
>>
Is HBO fucked once GoT is over?
>>
after all these years I thought jimmy page was the lead singer and Robert plant the lead guitarist
>>
I love Scorsese, I love Terence, but I haven't even watched anymore after the first episode. I hate the aesthetics of the era, and the music sucks too.
>>
>>66998852
>MUH PABLO

Fuck off, millenial
>>
>>67001013
Their lineup is the weakest it's ever been since they established their rep. TV in general is dead.
>>
is this like the Boogie Nights version of the record industry during the 70s?
>>
>>67001052

>TV in general is dead

This. "Le golden age of tv" got too self-aware and became a boring try-hard nobody cares about anymore.
>>
>/tv/ shits on The Leftovers
>/tv/ shits on Vinyl
These are the best shows currently airing. Why does HBO make you so buttmad?
>>
>>67001013
They've been continuously making bad decisions before and after GoT, the fact that they actually made it that successful is a miracle.

As it is right now, they're AMC tier while FX is signing lot of quality shows.
>>
>>67001125
Nobody shits on The Leftovers
>>
>>67000290
>muh shills
Go back to /v/
>>
>>67001162

No one takes the time to bother. It's not a bad show, it's just not worth it. I don't care what pseudo religious depressives do after 'the rapture'.
>>
>>67001125
>>67001162
>>67001198
The Leftovers doesn't get shit on because it's glaringly terrible but if you point out the obvious flaws the sycophants start throwing temper tantrums. HBO has brought us some of the best television ever, but Vinyl and Leftovers are two of the worst and the way they shat the bed with Thrones and True Detective spells a death knell.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.