[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horace & Pete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: aabddda6787d443a.jpg (191 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
aabddda6787d443a.jpg
191 KB, 612x380
Horace and Pete thread? Thoughts on Horace and Pete so far? Is Louis C.K. a genius or a hack?
>>
LITTLE
>>
File: Uncle-Pete-Alan-Alda.jpg (158 KB, 1070x602) Image search: [Google]
Uncle-Pete-Alan-Alda.jpg
158 KB, 1070x602
this show is for grown ups, anon. it doesn't belong here.
>>
i just checked this board specifically to see if anyone had brought this up recently.

this show explores humanity better than any i can think of
>>
>>66990148
hard to discus on /tv/ without an influx of
>louis cuck
>>
This show will never get a mainstream audience, even if Louis does.
It is more of a filmed stage play than anything else. Fucking great though, if it's what you're into. That episode where Horace and his ex had the conversation was god-tier, and most episodes have been that caliber so far.
>>
How does one watch this
>>
It's Louis' ideas through writing in a experimental amateur script.
He did good as a TV maker. Episode 3 was too much for me, though.
>>
all i've seen is that fuck awful republican vs democrat thing which is literally below reddit tier in terms of analysis. louie's lost it, his specials are shit now, louie last season was eh, and this looks awful
>>
>>66990684
pay for it
or torrent it
like everything else
>>
>>66990697
it's drunk people at a bar. why are you expecting sophisticated political analysis? ep 7 starts with a the same guy making fun of louisck's anti-trump email.
>>
>>66990697
the characters are supposed to be idiots
you're not supposed to get a political commentary, you're supposed to get a commentary on the nature of people arguing
>>
I've heard that it's mostly about the election and embarassing Donald Trump jokes on that godawful SNL level.

Since im not american i don't give a single a fuck about that, please tell me i've been lied to, i do enjoy Louis' show
>>
Why is Louis so transphobic?
>>
>>66990890
you've been lied to.
>>
>>66990863
>>66990872
yeah, the commentary on people squabbling is reddit-tier. People don't want to change their minds, who'd have thought..!

Why not take 5 minutes out and have an unrealistic debate to blatantly moralise about how politics is all about appearances..! cutting edge commentary
>>
>>66990890
literally 3 references to the election. maybe 3 minutes total out of 200+ minutes
>>
>>66991060
not a great interpretation of the scene

>>66990890
it's as much about politics or the election as seinfeld is about jerry being a comedian
>>
>>66991214
that's all there is to it
>>
>>66991214
This

>>66990962
Do you have trouble differentiating actors from their roles?
>inb4 where are we
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.