[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the Evil Dead franchise improve after 1 and 2? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: evildead1.jpg (188 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
evildead1.jpg
188 KB, 1920x1080
Does the Evil Dead franchise improve after 1 and 2? I thought 1 was pretty shit and, although 2 was much better, I didn't love it. IDK... the TV show looks fun and I usually like most horror franchises but if 2 is the best then I think I'll give the rest of it a pass.
>>
>>66986567
>Does the Evil Dead franchise improve after 1 and 2?
Defintely. Army of Darkness is most people's favorite Evil Dead movie by far. And I enjoy the show more than 2 also.
>>
>>66986661
>Defintely
>Defintely
>Defintely
>>
Basically

ed = horror with some dashes of (sometimes unintentional) comedy
ed2 = horror perfectly balanced with intentional comedy
aod = comedy with some dashes of horror
ash vs evil dead = a bit of everything

so ed2 is kinda the key. if you like the humor in it, keep moving forward. if you preferred the horror aspects, then stay there

btw, you don't NEED to watch army of darkness to jump into the tv series, so that's an option
>>
File: 1451644335200.jpg (36 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1451644335200.jpg
36 KB, 500x374
Evil Dead 1 and 2 were both great campy horror movies. Army of Darkness continues the story but has a completely different theme. It's less scary and more ridiculous and cliche. The 2013 remake of the first Evil Dead was well done and goes back to franchise's horror roots but in the format of a modern horror movie which is much more clean cut and over the top.

The Evil Dead tv series is probably one of the best television shows on right now, not that there's much competition. Bruce Campbell hits it out of the park but the other lead characters are kind of meh. It has some great practical effects, good writing and is well shot but there are some things I don't like about it such as how the original movies made the audience guess whether or not the evil was real or Ash was going insane, filler episodes, etc.

Overall, I'd say the entire franchise is definitely worth watching. Personally, my favorite was the original 1981 Evil Dead.
>>
Army of Darkness > 1 > 2 > Everything else
>>
>be 8
>dad decides to show me Evil Dead
>getting pretty spooked by the whole thing
>tree rape scene
>pop my first boner
>trying to hide it from father
>he never saw but i think he knew from my fidgeting

and that's how i found my tentacle fetish.
>>
>>66986889
>not that there's much competition

Of course not, we're not in the golden age of television or anything
>>
I didn't find the first movie very scary, perhaps a little horrific, (watched it yesterday for the first time) but there's some qualities about it that just really hit the mark for me and I loved it. The sequel (saw today with AoD right after for the first time) I didn't like as much because it just felt like most of it was trying to do the original but better and it kind of fell flat, but the parts with Bruce Campbell as the only one in the cabin going nuts were really good stuff. I thought Army of Darkness was alright but that the slapstick parts were mostly kind of lame (and I even enjoyed when that stuff was in the previous) and it was only fun at the beginning really. It's my least favorite with the original marginally my most.
Should I watch anything else?
>>
>>66986567
I'm one of few who like the original Evil Dead more than any of the others. The first one I can appreciate as a genuine horror film. Once you get passed the low budget it's actually creepy and puts you on the edge of your seat. It doesn't take long to forget how cheap the makeup looks. It's probably one of the best amateur movies ever made.

I like certain scenes in 2, but I'm just confused on what it was. Half it was like a remake of the original, like most of the movie was filler. 3 is good in a fun cheesy explosion, but it's far too different to the other movies.

And I liked the remake of the original and I love the TV show.
>>
Why didn't Ash's hair stay partly gray in Army of Darkness?
>>
>>66990706
The first part of ED2 was just that, a retelling of ED1 because reasons.
>>
>>66986567
Dead by Dawn > The Evil Dead >> Army of Darkness > Evil Dead > Ash vs Evil Dead
>>
>movie 1
>>spooky, somewhat campy yet also raw movie, very fun to watch
>movie 2
>>fun movie with minor spook elements, first ten minutes remake the original movie, 90% of the rest of the movie does the same stuff from the original
>movie 3
>>first 10 minutes remake movie 1 again, and pretend the ending of movie 2 happened at the end of movie 1

What did Raimi mean by this?
>>
>>66986567
For a long time I thought this image was Bert from Mary Poppins.
>>
Could Ash beat Spiderman?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.