[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pretends a real doll is his real girlfriend >literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: lars-and-the-real-girl-0.jpg (141 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
lars-and-the-real-girl-0.jpg
141 KB, 814x500
>pretends a real doll is his real girlfriend
>literally everyone in town goes along with it like it's no big deal

What?!
>>
>>66983585
Small town, everybody loves the guy and knows he suffers from mental issues. His relatives let people know the town gossips and all plays along with it to help Lars through his phase at his doctors recommendation.
>>
I don't know what bothers me more about his movie, they way they all gladly enable a man with severe mental illness, or backtrack in the end and act like mental illness is really just something you get over when your not sad anymore
>>
>>66983665
The doll was just too full of cum and it wouldn't wash out anymore so he needed an excuse to throw the doll away.
>>
>>66983585
At least he didn't have his body mutilated like other mentally ill folks do with society support.

like transgendered
>>
>>66983585
Don't you say another bad word about that movie! I was sad when it came out and it made me feel like people might someday care about me.

SPOILER ALERT: it doesn't work out like that irl, but it's still a really comfy movie
>>
>>66983585
He has the looks of Ryan Gosling, why wouldn't people going along with whatever he wants
>>
>>66983585
>implying if I didn't grow up in a small Swedebelt suburb and my 'tism wasn't expressed as pure innocence I wouldn't have people that loved me that much

Sh-shut up, there's places with good people left in the world!
>>
>>66983585
He's attractive and on steroids, if you look like that you can do anything.
>>
>>66983665
>implying most people's problems don't stem from demoralization and isolation

keep chugging that prozac, cuck
>>
>>66984018
>on steroids

I don't remember that scene
>>
IIRC he was a pathetic shut-in with a creepy mustache. The life sized sex doll somehow made it so that he actually went out and did shit and got his life in order. More to the point, he clearly was treating her like a virgin (no sex) and eventually the town realized that he was slowly geting over the need for a sex doll to help him interact with polite society. Hence why everyone went along with the whole
"shes dying" thing.
>>
Do you think posting of 4chan with other autists would have helped him learn how to socially interact with others?
>>
File: 1457709116427.jpg (285 KB, 525x956) Image search: [Google]
1457709116427.jpg
285 KB, 525x956
>tfw no Emily Mortimer wife
>>
>>66983665
>act like mental illness is really just something you get over when your not sad anymore

That's exactly how it works with most mental illnesses that stem from emotional problems. They're not all genetic. Ever notice how all depressed people are sad? Just undo that and you're cured.
>>
>>66984355
its weird sometimes she looks really pretty sometimes not
that body is 10/10 though
>>
>>66984471
She has a nice body but she's wife material because of the demeanor.
>>
File: 1367114132125.jpg (10 KB, 383x354) Image search: [Google]
1367114132125.jpg
10 KB, 383x354
>>66984471
>seeing her naked in Young Adam
>>
>>66984373
Not all depressed people are sad all the time, where'd you even get that notion from?
>>
>>66984373
yeah
people forget non-clinical depression is a thing too
>>
Was he autistic?
>>
>>66984373
thx dr. phil
>>
>>66984614
Just stop being sad Anon, it's within your power to stop you just need to keep on thinking happy thoughts and then you'll be cured. Don't act like you have something deeper going on, just cheer up, don't even try to bee yourself, and smile more often.
>>
>>66984657
IMO depression for me is first and foremost an adjective to describe a feeling more intense in sadness. it's bandied about as a self diagnosed illness far too often for my liking.
>>
>>66984602
Would put in a rape celler
>>
File: inexpressible_joy.jpg (34 KB, 350x257) Image search: [Google]
inexpressible_joy.jpg
34 KB, 350x257
>>66984770
im cured

thank you doctor anonymous, your pithy aphorisms have saved us once again
>>
>>66984662
Yes. extremely.
>>
>>66984770
wow i've never tried that have you thought of going into psychology you'd probably get hired right away ur like a genius or something
>>
>>66983585
this movie could have been a funny dark comedy but it was just boring and stupid
>>
>>66984880
>>66984959
You're joking now but he's right you know, that really is how your cure depression. That's all therapy is, just talking over your problems and getting over them.
>>
>>66985042
dude you probably have lightweight issues compared to many. it's ok to admit you have a healthier brain, better childhood, whatever than some people.

my case? started having suicidal thoughts around the age of 10. never been diagnosed with depression and don't self diagnose. take SSRIs for ocd. talk therapy is counterproductive in many cases with ocd.

but hey, you know best.
>>
>>66985042
t. someone who hasn't gone to serious therapy
>>
>>66985138
Talk therapy is only counterproductive when the people don't like what they hear from the doctor (denial).

Most people who have depression simply don't have what they want and don't see a way of getting it.

Clinical depression is very rare.
>>
>>66985674
>Most people who have depression simply don't have what they want and don't see a way of getting it.
Well yeah, that accounts for 95% of the depressed people. The 5% or less just have a brain imbalance that simulates that. Depression is just a product of having a shit life with no joy in it and little way of getting it, and pills don't do shit about it except making you into a retard.
>>
>>66986055
Yep agreed. It's why I never took the anti depressants I was prescribed. The world wasn't grey to me, I just wanted a different reality.
>>
>>66983665
the movie is not about mental illness, if you can't get past the "this is not believable" thing then it's stupid for you to analyze it
>>
>>66983585
>gets a gf at the end of the movie.

Fucking whoreshit.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.